Metropolis Ark 4

Yes, but don’t be too proud of this technological terror
Headshot
The Impartial

Re: Metropolis Ark 4

Post by Headshot » Wed 26 Dec 2018 01:21

Kyle Judkins wrote:
Wed 26 Dec 2018 01:15
HZ is definitely kurgan, and Williams is whomever connery's character was... completely forgetting his name atm
Ramirez !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBSePg2HBQk

Kyle Judkins wrote:
Wed 26 Dec 2018 01:15
HZ is definitely kurgan
The Kurgan won...

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Wed 26 Dec 2018 01:26

how the hell could I forget ramirez… getting a saxon to play a Spaniard is weird - I blame it on that.

ofcourse with a fivehead like lambert - the accent doesn't need to match the drapes.

true story, I recently quoted highlander do a kid I worked with and he had 0 idea what I was quoting, so I just looked like a fucking madman.

he was trying to show me "his" way of doing something and I said "whatever you say jack, you're the master race" because his name's jack and hes just like "????"

Audioholic

Post by Audioholic » Wed 26 Dec 2018 03:51

Kyle Judkins wrote:
Wed 26 Dec 2018 01:26
how the hell could I forget ramirez… getting a saxon to play a Spaniard is weird - I blame it on that.

ofcourse with a fivehead like lambert - the accent doesn't need to match the drapes.

true story, I recently quoted highlander do a kid I worked with and he had 0 idea what I was quoting, so I just looked like a fucking madman.

he was trying to show me "his" way of doing something and I said "whatever you say jack, you're the master race" because his name's jack and hes just like "????"
When Speech To Text Goes Wrong. Lol (just messing with ya)

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Wed 26 Dec 2018 05:07

Audioholic wrote:
Wed 26 Dec 2018 03:51
Kyle Judkins wrote:
Wed 26 Dec 2018 01:26

When Speech To Text Goes Wrong. Lol (just messing with ya)

real talk, I have no excuse, I was sitting at my keyboard for this one(quite rare, I know)

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Thu 3 Jan 2019 17:21

partially related, for those of you who own OT products, It didnt immediately click with me that you can cross fade between different multis

I recently picked up the A and B expansions for BS and loved fading between sul p and sul t as almost like a bow position. wishing I could incorporate it directly into BS main.

then I realized I could just use empty articulations and have them on the same track.

i.e.

sul t - blank - sul p
blank - sus imm - blank

then the 2d crossfade allows me to combine the two libraries, which is really cool.

same would probably be useful for ark 1 and 3
Last edited by Kyle Judkins on Thu 3 Jan 2019 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Thu 3 Jan 2019 17:24

partially related, for those of you who own OT products, It didnt immediately click with me that you can cross fade between different multis

I recently picked up the A and B expansions for BS and loved fading between sul p and sul t as almost like a bow position. wishing I could incorporate it directly into BS main.

then I realized I could just use empty articulations and have them on the same track.

i.e.

sul t - blank - sul p
blank - sus imm - blank

then the 2d crossfade allows me to combine the two libraries, which is really cool.

same would probably be useful for ark 1 and 2 sustains or 1 and 3 shorts

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Sun 6 Jan 2019 20:29

I thought this might interest you Sam, im actually using the multi's to crossfade the same articulation between ark 1 9 horns and berlin brass 4 horns.

Essentially I have the ark 1 have about 20% more total volume(although about the same at lower dynamics by using the volume range) and I have the mic's slightly farther away sounding between the two - something that would work well with the trumpet a4/a3 from berlin, and the 3a bass bones + bones.

essentially, it feels like an extension of dynamics + blending in some extra cuivre/rounder warmer tone

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4vf02ahxtyk7 ... e.mp3?dl=0

I haven't gotten the curves perfected or anything. but I tried to play similar phrases somewhat volume matched - although the curves would definatly need to be tweaked with a little to make sense.

edit:

similiarly, I tried the same thing with berlin brass trumpet 1 and trumpets 3a, which allows me to blend in the divisi with the ensemble, which seems to be really useful for shorts(making divisi lines seem more like ensemble, blurring the line between 3 solo instruments and the ridiculous 9 trumpet stacking effect)

seems like you could sculpt back and forth - this way.

Makes me wish I had like 512gb of ram, haha

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qutwdk7faou92 ... s.mp3?dl=0

for now, freezing tracks is easy enough
Last edited by Kyle Judkins on Sun 6 Jan 2019 21:06, edited 2 times in total.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Sun 6 Jan 2019 21:04

I'm very busy right now but I'll be back soon !

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Sun 6 Jan 2019 21:21

Headshot wrote:
Sun 6 Jan 2019 21:04
don't lie, you decided to kill ashton gleckman, wear him as a suit - and infiltrate RC. The arks went straight to your brain, and you're forever stuck rescoring transformer scenes

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » Mon 7 Jan 2019 09:51

Kyle Judkins wrote:
Sun 6 Jan 2019 21:21
Headshot wrote:
Sun 6 Jan 2019 21:04
don't lie, you decided to kill ashton gleckman, wear him as a suit - and infiltrate RC. The arks went straight to your brain, and you're forever stuck rescoring transformer scenes
And the moon landing was a hoax ...