Is Hans Zimmer overrated as a composer?

Everything or almost
Headshot
The Impartial

Re: Is Hans Zimmer overrated as a composer?

Post by Headshot » Wed 26 Dec 2018 04:07

He was serious and even the other fanboys didn't agree with him

dingdingdong

Post by dingdingdong » Wed 26 Dec 2018 07:27

lol

How I imagined Connor writing that testament of his to the master:

His hybrid style!

His rhythmic sence and percussion instrument choises!

Just one of the countless styles he writes in!

etc.

sherlock

Post by sherlock » Thu 27 Dec 2018 01:58

Headshot wrote:
Mon 24 Dec 2018 10:37
Moreover, NPCs will always team up to defend misconceptions : no hierarchy, everything must be equal, everything depends on tastes etc. HZ's false myth respresents and feeds all this.
Looks like someone over at VI-C agrees with you (and gave you an honourable mention while falling on his sword):

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Thu 27 Dec 2018 04:17

sherlock wrote:
Thu 27 Dec 2018 01:58
Looks like someone over at VI-C agrees with you (and gave you an honourable mention while falling on his sword)
Great post and good comment about how the like button can become a perverse way to attack and censor.

The lack of critical thinking and the domination of the outrage culture are killing the whole world.

dingdingdong wrote:
Wed 26 Dec 2018 07:27
How I imagined Connor writing that testament of his to the master:

His hybrid style!
lmao

soooo expressive

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Fri 28 Dec 2018 01:16

Let's start :

This is only your opinion, not a fact.

While this :

is objectively the answer of an offended asshole.

Moreover, how dare you use that kind of low blow ("get a fucking life") while YOU were on VIC at the same time reading and participating ?! Does it make any sense ?!

One don't have to provide any argument to propose a subject of reflection...you idiot.

Opening a debate ALLOWS to confront arguments.

But whining and attacking the OP in order to prevent any debate and then claiming that the thread was pointless is cowardly and dishonest.

You are exactly like most people on Twitter and social media in general : an offended moron who will systematically play the emotion and indignation cards in order to make his point.

You are allowed to visit VIC for what you want, that's the beauty of life ! No one forced you to read or to participate, and maybe other people were interested in the subject.

If you really didn't want TO SEE people being criticized and if you consider that "life is too short" for bullshit, why even reading threads named : "Did HZ ruin film music ?" or "Is Hans Zimmer overrated as a composer?"

The purpose of a thread title is to inform about the content so that people don't waste their time reading things they don't care about or things they consider "childish nonsense".

If life is too short, why didn't you go back to your Christmas tree instead of wasting your precious time reading and responding to threads whose titles alone are bullshit and childish nonsense for you ?

Are you a kind of crazy masochist who reads things he don't want in order to complain about them ?

Does it make any fucking sense to complain about the precious time you don't want to lose, while you are free to read or ignore what you want ?

In the same way that you are free not to go on Twitter, it's up to you not to read the threads you consider OFFENSIVE and EVIL.

So, it's not a just a matter of what you want or don't want TO SEE/READ as you pretend...but a matter of what you want to CENSOR...which makes a considerable difference.

I assume that what you want or don't want to see must prevail ? What if some other members have no problem with criticisms ? And what's wrong with criticisms in general ??!!

Not only HZ ruined film music but he also ruined the brain of too many people :
"Criticism is EVIL ! Praise is GOOD !"

If they had enough power, people like you would destroy freedom of thought/expression in the name of love and flowers.

Concerning the magic "trolling" card :

First of all, the thread was not addressed to you personally, and you are not a moderator as far as I know.
So nothing, absolutely nothing justifies your personal attack.

Secondly : trolling is a relative notion.
The same thread posted in any forum in which HZ is not perceived as god by the majority would never have been considered trolling (but just ironic because only a fool could consider that Herrmann has ruined film music).

Therefore, the problem comes from weak-minded like you, the way you get offended for nothing, the way you idolize HZ and feel the need to protect him like crazy devotees and not from this harmless thread itself (that you could have ignore).
In other words : the problem is precisely the fact that this kind of thread/questioning can only be considered trolling and offensive in such place.
Everyone should be able to bear criticism towards what they like or defend.
And no place should reject, demonize or censor criticism/questioning in the name of morality or civility.

That's why, from a sociological point of view, the threads that highlight HZ's cult and VIC bias are in fact good and healthy.

Thirdly : what's wrong with a bit of trolling in general ?

What's that got to do with you ? Are you Batman ?
Plus, you don't have to judge someone's motives...judge only what is written, and I don't see anything shocking.

Could someone send him a PM with the link of this thread ?
I want him to become aware of his own stupidity and how he tried to hide his hurted feelings by playing the righter of wrongs :
"trolling is evil ! you have an axe to grind ! I don't want to see anyone being criticized ! (because I'm such a good person)"

Audioholic

Post by Audioholic » Fri 28 Dec 2018 18:36

Great post, Sami. I’d link it but my presence if forbidden there haha.

If they had enough power, people like you would destroy freedom of thought/expression in the name of love and flowers.

The scary part is that in many places these people do have this power, and are succeeding in this destruction. Any sort of diversity these people care about only goes skin deep...quite literally. Diversity of thought is not tolerated by these oh so “tolerant” dipshits. Those that pull the strings have successfully created a vast army of mindless NPCs who do all the legwork for them. But I’m preaching to the choir here...

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Fri 28 Dec 2018 20:31

Audioholic wrote:
Fri 28 Dec 2018 18:36
The scary part is that in many places these people do have this power, and are succeeding in this destruction.
Yeah...

By "destroying" I meant even censoring a small forum like this one and arbitrarily condemning people's motives etc. all the joys of a good dictatorship but at the world scale and supported by technology.

This is where the NPCs army leads us.
Audioholic wrote:
Any sort of diversity these people care about only goes skin deep...quite literally.
haha true...it's very revealing of their lack of substance and hypocrisy.

The diversity according to Hollywood and social media boils down to showing black/asian people and strong women in movies/video games (as if it was something new and revolutionary lol).

Audioholic wrote:
Diversity of thought is not tolerated by these oh so “tolerant” dipshits.
They would argue you that they are not tolerant towards toxicity...So convenient to call "toxic" anything that annoys you.

And of course, to finish you off, they will remind you that freedom of thought/expression led to nazism...
while basically you were just criticizing the work and influence of a composer...lol

There is nothing better than virtue signals to hide a dictatorship of thought.

sherlock

Post by sherlock » Fri 28 Dec 2018 23:53

Headshot wrote:
Fri 28 Dec 2018 01:16

You are exactly like most people on Twitter and social media in general : an offended moron who will systematically play the emotion and indignation cards in order to make his point.
I think this video is a good example for how entitled offensive morons act on the internet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEawbnXaIDs

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Sun 20 Jan 2019 02:46

https://youtu.be/yqd5zcA3OsE

was playing around with vst buzz's power move and feel like a piece of "I just play keyboard for a pop group" hans would have shed a single tear