PART 07 - "I Will Dig Up The Demo" - Must See ! (6 PARTS)

DarkestShadow

Re: PART 10 - "I Will Dig Up The Demo" - Must See ! (6 PARTS)

Post by DarkestShadow » Sat 12 May 2018 15:17

Headshot wrote: Sat 12 May 2018 14:18
DarkestShadow wrote: Sat 12 May 2018 09:22
Headshot wrote: Fri 11 May 2018 19:46 What a joke : there is no way one can find that kind of childish writing in John Williams's first draft (or any other serious composers)

NO WAY
Who knows?? haha

As explained here : http://www.modernity-sucks.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=177
a composer with enough experience and ear can't do such awkwardness even by improvising.

Headshot wrote: Fri 11 May 2018 19:46
I definitely plan to do that - music education solely focused on the actual music
As long as you stop believing in Santa Claus or magical powers, I'm glad.
Oook... meh, might be right. Not even I would have played the line like this when improvising... haha

And, yea Santa Claus died for me when I realized it was my mother lol.
I probably should start with this one, because we are in the pleasant situation of having the genius(!) who wrote this * around here :D
who could then tell me how wrong I am with my mockup, yikez!

Lionel Schmitt

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Sat 12 May 2018 15:31

phil_l wrote: Sat 12 May 2018 15:05 LOL, yeah you guys could have done better in the 90s... with 512 kb ram memory computer , 2 megahertz CPU , Cubase Atari and no orchestra samples except cheap synth keyboards ?
We don't care about the sound, it's all about the writing level.

Headshot wrote: Sat 12 May 2018 00:47
Suck My BRAAAM wrote: Sat 12 May 2018 00:28 Damn that Days of Thunder cue is hard to listen. And it has nothing to do with the time period.
Yes the writing level is as poor as the cheap synth sound.
phil_l wrote: Sat 12 May 2018 15:05 The trumpet doubling 2 octave below.. actually the only trumpet in this mockup is the one playing melody, what you hear below is bones and horns sounding pretty bad because of the samples. Funny educated composers like you dont hear that.
You don't know what you are talking about and you try to look smart : ridiculous

You don't know what doubling is : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doubling

We don't care about the sound, we are no talking about the cheap sound, but about the WRITING LEVEL and writing ISSUE.

Watch this and learn rather than opening your mouth at all costs : http://www.modernity-sucks.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=177

Strickland

Post by Strickland » Sat 12 May 2018 16:14

DarkestShadow wrote: Sat 12 May 2018 15:17
I probably should start with this one, because we are in the pleasant situation of having the genius(!) who wrote this * around here :D

Thanks but I'ld be better giving you some advices about your music and your writing itself cause I'm not as good as Headshot with the mock ups. But we're off topic ;-)

DarkestShadow

Post by DarkestShadow » Sat 12 May 2018 16:23

Strickland wrote: Sat 12 May 2018 16:14
DarkestShadow wrote: Sat 12 May 2018 15:17

Thanks but I'ld be better giving you some advices about your music and your writing itself cause I'm not as good as Headshot with the mock ups. But we're off topic ;-)
Oh, I meant "transcription" (by ear) with mock-up. Basically I plan to do some transcriptions of existing pieces, since that to me is a very appealing way of studying music - all the other music-education stuff throws me off somehow, haha.
And it would be pretty great to have the person who actually wrote the piece I transcribed (by ear) comment on how I did. :) That's what I meant.
Lionel Schmitt

Strickland

Post by Strickland » Sat 12 May 2018 16:36

Oh ok, got it. Well let's do that in the "Music Theory" section ;-)

DarkestShadow

Post by DarkestShadow » Sun 13 May 2018 08:58

Strickland wrote: Sat 12 May 2018 16:36 Oh ok, got it. Well let's do that in the "Music Theory" section ;-)
Music theory without theory - I LOVE IT :D :D
Lionel Schmitt

phil_l

Post by phil_l » Sun 13 May 2018 09:21

Headshot wrote: Sat 12 May 2018 15:31
phil_l wrote: Sat 12 May 2018 15:05 LOL, yeah you guys could have done better in the 90s... with 512 kb ram memory computer , 2 megahertz CPU , Cubase Atari and no orchestra samples except cheap synth keyboards ?
We don't care about the sound, it's all about the writing level.

Stop bullshiting, even a JW track with a bad mockup will sound bad. No matter what your preconceived idea is. ( which is
john williams writing is so good that it will inevitably sound great even with a shitty mockup )

Listen to star wars in with CS80 samples , it sucks, sorry. And you can't hear all the doubling, harmony... in a shitty mockup

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Sun 13 May 2018 10:44

phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 09:21 Stop bullshiting, even a JW track with a bad mockup will sound bad.
Headshot wrote: Sat 12 May 2018 00:47 We don't care about the sound, we are no talking about the cheap sound, but about the WRITING LEVEL and writing ISSUE.

Watch this and learn rather than opening your mouth at all costs : http://www.modernity-sucks.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=177

It's really fun to see your brain glitching in your pathetic attempt to deny the truth :
phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 09:21 Stop bullshiting, even a JW track with a bad mockup will sound bad.
phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 09:21 (which is john williams writing is so good that it will inevitably sound great even with a shitty mockup )
Contradiction.

Why continuing to argue as if you were mastering the subject ?

You can't accept the truth because you are one of those blind fanboys I mock in my videos, those who respond only with off topics (or personal attacks) to muddy the waters.

Since the very beginning, all your comments are as stupid and clumsy as HZ's mockups.

Tell me who you defend, I'll tell you who you are.

So again, it was never about the sound but about the writing level and writing issue.

A John Williams mockup, even with a cheap sound, showcases his high writing level, as you said :
phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 09:21 (which is john williams writing is so good that it will inevitably sound great even with a shitty mockup )

phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 09:21 And you can't hear all the doubling, harmony... in a shitty mockup
We hear enough in HZ's mockups (A League Of Their Own and Days Of Thunder) to conclude that he had the writing level of a child.

And we can hear a lot of things in a shitty mockup.

It is even easier to hear harmonic issues on a cheap mockup than on a recording, because one can perceive the lines very clearly.
For example, this cheap mockup contains false notes that hurt the ears :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ORY7nPYkic

But please, continue to deny, it's fun and it helps confirming everything I presented in my videos (especially regarding blind fanaticism).

phil_l

Post by phil_l » Sun 13 May 2018 15:10

I'm not blind, I just like HZ music , as much as I like JW's music , by the way.

what you don't understand is you like a particular music , or you don't like a particular music.
Thats why your fight is wrong ...

Yeah i'm not a musician, but I get freakin shivers down my spin when I listen to a --badly written-- soundtrack like Rain Man.
It fits the movie so greatly.

Can you respect that or not ? or I must be some stupid fanboy?
You can't teach someone to like a music or to dislike a music.
So your fight is useless, nobody will ever change its mind over HZ.
Yeah people will learn "hum.. he doesnt write his own music alone... that is so sad.... ok get back to listening Interstellar :) "

So your fight is to prove that HZ isnt a good music writer... and to enlighten the participation of the arrangers and orchestrators.
Fair enough... but so much dedication from you and your friends, scream jealousy imo. But why? why so much hate?

Some movie projects need a real, well-written soundtrack by one composer with thousand polychords and counterpoints , written with a pencil while other projects only need smartphone music like Hans Zimmer can only do when he is alone. That's life .

Strickland

Post by Strickland » Sun 13 May 2018 15:53

phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 15:10 I'm not blind, I just like HZ music , as much as I like JW's music , by the way.

what you don't understand is you like a particular music , or you don't like a particular music.

Yeah i'm not a musician, but I get freakin shivers down my spin when I listen to a --badly written-- soundtrack like Rain Man.

Can you respect that or not ? or I must be some stupid fanboy?
Yeah people will learn "hum.. he doesnt write his own music alone... that is so sad.... ok get back to listening Interstellar :) "

So your fight is to prove that HZ isnt a good music writer... and to enlighten the participation of the arrangers and orchestrators.
Fair enough... but so much dedication from you and your friends, scream jealousy imo. But why? why so much hate?

Some movie projects need a real, well-written soundtrack by one composer with thousand polychords and counterpoints , written with a pencil while other projects only need smartphone music like Hans Zimmer can only do when he is alone. That's life .
Off topic again. HZ claimed he orchestrated alone The Final game, Headshot has been violently attacked by all VI-C members for saying he didn't trust that and now he proves he was right for not believing blindly every word that HZ said. If it wasn't so much important as you seem thinking, why everybody on VI-C was so dedicated to defend HZ's weird version of the story?

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Sun 13 May 2018 16:09

phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 15:10 I'm not blind, I just like HZ music , as much as I like JW's music , by the way.

No, you are blind. I showed you several times that you can't argue without off topics and personal attacks, and you still continue.

So, you are a stupid blind fanboy unable to understand very simple logical notions.

Can you confirm that you are Jimmy Hellfire ?
phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 15:10 what you don't understand is you like a particular music , or you don't like a particular music.
Off topic

I was insulted and banned for a mere disbelief, but more important for just telling the truth.
Today I show that I was right and that VIC is full of morons like you.

So, it has nothing to do with my personal taste.

phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 15:10 Yeah i'm not a musician, but I get freakin shivers down my spin when I listen to a --badly written-- soundtrack like Rain Man.
Off topic

Read what you wrote about the doubling.
You wrote nonsense, I corrected you, and you continue to argue.
phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 15:10 Can you respect that or not ? or I must be some stupid fanboy?
I have no respect for the people like you who insulted me because I challenged their god.
I have no respect for the people like you who are unable to understand a point.

And another off topic here : these videos are not about my personal taste but about what HZ claimed, the BULLSHIT he wrote.
phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 15:10 nobody will ever change its mind over HZ.
Blind fanboys (like you) will never change their mind. But those with a little common sense and intellectual honesty will realize that HZ is not the great powerful wizard he pretended to be ("verbatim transcription of my mockup") and they will realize that his BS : "break the rules" or "you can do what you want to do" are misleading.

phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 15:10 Yeah people will learn "hum.. he doesnt write his own music alone... that is so sad.... ok get back to listening Interstellar :) "
Off topic

As I have already told you several times : that's not the point.

phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 15:10 So your fight is to prove that HZ isnt a good music writer... and to enlighten the participation of the arrangers and orchestrators.
I present the things as they are. The hate came from people like you.

I never insulted or accused anyone and was insulted and censored for telling the truth.

So, where is the hate, you unfair blind fanboy ?
phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 15:10 Some movie projects need a real, well-written soundtrack by one composer with thousand polychords and counterpoints , written with a pencil while other projects only need smartphone music like Hans Zimmer can only do when he is alone. That's life .
Off topic

(you moron)

phil_l

Post by phil_l » Sun 13 May 2018 16:13

Fuck you.

You're calling me moron and stupid so i'm in right to insult you . Using your logic.

Strickland

Post by Strickland » Sun 13 May 2018 16:14

phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 16:13 Fuck you.
Perfect !

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Sun 13 May 2018 16:15

phil_l

Post by phil_l » Sun 13 May 2018 16:16

Headshot wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 16:15 Can you confirm that you are Jimmy Hellfire ?
Can you fuck yourself?

Man what a fucking sad life you must have. Go find a psychologist , it's pretty urgent.

Phil L.
Last edited by phil_l on Sun 13 May 2018 16:21, edited 1 time in total.