PART 06 - Are You Ready For The Truth SUCKERS ? (5 PARTS)

Headshot
The Impartial

Re: PART 06 - Are You Ready For The Truth SUCKERS ? (5 PARTS)

Post by Headshot » Sun 6 May 2018 16:08

Suck My BRAAAM wrote: Sun 6 May 2018 16:02 hahahahahaha dude you should totally do a series "Yoda rants"
it's planned !

Suck My BRAAAM wrote: Sun 6 May 2018 16:02 The sad thing is that he did not even get any work from Hans after sucking miles of german certified cock™.
LuL

Suck My BRAAAM

Post by Suck My BRAAAM » Sun 6 May 2018 16:12

Headshot wrote: Sun 6 May 2018 16:08 it's planned !
I'm happy to hear that! Your Vader impression is spot on, but that Yoda was so cleverly done, it caught me off guard. Loved it!

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Sun 6 May 2018 16:18

I did only Vader impression, but yes the Yoda's voice is amazing.

phil_l

Post by phil_l » Sun 6 May 2018 16:42

DarkestShadow wrote: Sun 6 May 2018 15:16 I'm actually curious what will happen now.
HZ decides to give up his career, ashamed by the TRUTH finally revealed by Headshot. Remote Control in bankruptcy, forced
to sell all its buildings. All the remote control composers and HZ go on a desert island. The real composers aka Headshot et all finally come back
to hollywood and restore its nobility to film music. Happy end...OUTCH I'm waking up

Suck My BRAAAM

Post by Suck My BRAAAM » Sun 6 May 2018 16:49

phil_l wrote: Sun 6 May 2018 16:42
HZ decides to give up his career, ashamed by the TRUTH finally revealed by Headshot. Remote Control in bankruptcy, forced
to sell all its buildings. All the remote control composers and HZ go on a desert island. The real composers aka Headshot et all finally come back
to hollywood and restore its nobility to film music. Happy end...OUTCH I'm waking up
I'm fine with that! One can only dream...

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » Sun 6 May 2018 19:49

phil_l wrote: Sun 6 May 2018 16:42
DarkestShadow wrote: Sun 6 May 2018 15:16 I'm actually curious what will happen now.
There is a difference between knowing that some things I this world are not fair and becoming completely cynical about it or at least not wanting to tolerate every kind of bullshit to becoming a normal thing/opinion. I don’t think anybody here seriously thinks that Samy can seriously damage HZs reputation not is that what he wants to achieve. It is just a reply to the way people reacted to the shitstorm his notion started towards him. I doubted right from the beginning that any facts provided would change the minds of any significant number of people. You of all people have shown that you keep ignoring reasonable arguments. Try to take the opposite side on VI-Control and see for how long you will keep your profile there!
This matter is not irrelevant and the fact that there are other people joining here shows there are some people who care for not raping truth to a point of absurdity. I don’t get the feeling you are at all interested in finding out what is true and just, so why do you keep coming here? On Vi-Control you won’t hardly face any opposition to your POV.
Last edited by FriFlo on Sun 6 May 2018 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » Sun 6 May 2018 20:33

phil_l wrote: Sun 6 May 2018 13:18 Yeah HZ lied but I can understand that process. If a composer say publicly "I didn't arrange or orchestrate myself" people will probably think he just sat 2 hours on his synth producing a 30 seconds shitty mockup. Entirely false for someone like HZ otherwise he would not be where he is. Being where he is , it's called WORK.
So, at least you admit that HZ did not tell the truth! That is something I did not even expect, bravo! 👏 We may not give you up entirely ...
But then you still make him a victim ... think about it: you label the most powerful film composer in the world a victim of an unknown french composer who found out that he actually did not tell the truth? How weird is that from any moral point of view? I get it! If someone is trapped in a corner like HZ is now regarding this matter (he brought himself into the situation), he may just better be silent about it. But that does not mean someone like you should defend him for it! By the way, you just do it by assuming incorrect things like all of us wanting to destroy HZs reputation completely. All we want is some accountability for VIPs. Instead, you join the crowd that shouts „he is my star! He may do anything and I will still admire him!“
How low is that in terms of morality and even just correctness? With that reasoning you completely abandon the concept of right and wrong, as you will always find a way to shut down any critical reply to wrongful actions. I suppose, no politician, no powerful person can ever be called out for lying, as there is always a way to ecplain, why it was only a white lie ...

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Sun 6 May 2018 20:54

He's only admitting HZ didn't tell the truth because you can't get banned from Vic here

That said I think Sam's intent on exposing this is to destroy Hans Zimmer, when in reality I think it's more or less making sure people have realistic expectations, and that orchestrators an additional composers get the credit they deserve

Forgive me if I'm wrong I'm pretty sure Sam does some of that work himself, which would explain why he might have a bit of a grudge against a composer willingly taking credit for someone else's accomplishments

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Sun 6 May 2018 21:00

On second thought, I can very easily be wrong because before when I try to find Sam after his ban to contact him, all I could dig up was someone named sam pryss who seem to be an orchestrator I think

And that's why I said correct me if I'm wrong, because after he was vaporized from Vic I couldn't even find a website or anything to get a hold of him

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Sun 6 May 2018 22:53

FriFlo wrote: Sun 6 May 2018 20:33
How low is that in terms of morality and even just correctness? With that reasoning you completely abandon the concept of right and wrong, as you will always find a way to shut down any critical reply to wrongful actions. I suppose, no politician, no powerful person can ever be called out for lying, as there is always a way to ecplain, why it was only a white lie ...
That's another major widespread problem : the way the majority kneels before successful and powerful people, how this guy never considered my personal feelings, the way I was treated...no, he said, he didn't care about that, the only thing that matters for him is : what I'm thinking about his god...

He showed support and empathy towards a celebrity but none for someone unknown...claiming to defend the poor victim of my hatred...classic. The way I was treated was normal, it happens often on the internet he said...but responding to this madness is not natural, it's out of proportion, I'm crazy, narcissistic etc.

Our world is sick, very sick
Kyle Judkins wrote: Sun 6 May 2018 20:54 He's only admitting HZ didn't tell the truth because you can't get banned from Vic here
Of course

Kyle Judkins wrote: Sun 6 May 2018 20:54 That said I think Sam's intent on exposing this is to destroy Hans Zimmer, when in reality I think it's more or less making sure people have realistic expectations, and that orchestrators an additional composers get the credit they deserve
Yes but it's more about making sure some people have a right consideration of what an orchestrator/additional composer can bring rather than the credits themselves.
I don't think there is any problem with the credits, but only with the way they are perceived and minimized.
Especially when the main composer himself claim that he wrote every single fucking note correctly and that no one should try to know who did what because the only thing that matters is the "architect"...

Kyle Judkins wrote: Sun 6 May 2018 20:54 Forgive me if I'm wrong I'm pretty sure Sam does some of that work himself, which would explain why he might have a bit of a grudge against a composer willingly taking credit for someone else's accomplishments
Even if I find HZ's claim quite disrespectful towards his collaborators : "I wrote every single note, that's why it's all that good" ...the main problem was never about the credits but about what HZ pretended to be able to do alone.

As I said, I think HZ involuntarily misleads the young composers.

During these 20 days, I talked with someone who didn't understand what I was talking about when I tried to explain him the considerable knowledge requiered to write for a symphonic big band, someone who seemed to be disconnected from reality, someone who pretended being able to orchestrate without help and serious (self)learning almost everything while claiming at the same time that his style is determined by his limitations.

So, it's all about the image HZ projects to the world.

I am not trying to put him down but only to present reality exactly as it is.

If I was a malicious heartless man, i would never have contacted him to find an elegant way to put an end to this.

Concerning my motives, everything is exposed very clearly, but it seems that the more I want to be clear and straightforward, the more some people wants to attribute me malicious and perverse intentions :

My main goal is to show how one can be insulted, defamed, demonized and censored for only having told the truth.

I want to show the ugliness of double standard, because I believe some people will maybe wake up and realize that something was wrong, not the majority of course, but I think it's worth it.
Anyway it was out of the question for me to leave this injustice unanswered.

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Mon 7 May 2018 00:15

I mean, my biggest problem is just the severe amount of intolerance and tribalism - followed directly by new composers being mislead by zimmer, but you do bring up a good point - that the other damage is people maybe don't realize how much an orchestrator/additional composer actually inputs on projects like these... mainly because it a.) makes you view people like zimmer more realistically and b.) maybe you want to actually be an orchestrator, but didn't know it existed/had a place in film music.

I absolutely cannot stand zimmer giving out piss poor advice either... telling people "DUURR HURR IM SELF TAUGHT DUUR HURRR"

except that he frequently employs people who are NOT self taught to do everything he doesn't know how to do because he's self taught.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Mon 7 May 2018 00:42

As said in my introduction video :

self-taught is often confused with naught-taught.

You can self-study everything and be as good and even better as someone who had a formal education.

And like you I can't stand this misleading myth : "I didn't study anything but I can do everything...and my orchestrators are mere copyists"...

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Mon 7 May 2018 06:32

Headshot wrote: Mon 7 May 2018 00:42 self-taught is often confused with naught-taught.
Ofcourse, however the problem lies in that message itself Isn't what ends up being gathered... Personally - if you live in America and go to university for music, I'd say you're wasting your money... Harsh reality, but the best parts of university can exist entirely outside of it, while allowing more focus on learning music rather than academics + you can get personalized help, rather than in a classroom environment.

it's faily obvious
-You can get connections anywhere... including making connections at a local school that you don't even attend. I've done this by asking to have a flier put up on a bulletin board looking for certain instrumentalists looking for collab. Most universities have no problem with something like this, and even if they do - you can always make a single contact within that area who can put the ad up for you.

-You can learn everything in a textbook by purchasing the textbook. Many times they even come with CD's cataloguing all the audio examples of the excerpts in the book. This is cheaper than the class - and you can read it at your own pace(so you don't get bored if you're a quick study, or you don't get stressed out because you're not and you hate tests/whatever)

-You can get a 1 on 1 tutor/instructor for ear training/ect. Same thing the teacher does, but they are 100% focused on you - your questions, your strengths - your weaknesses, your pace.

-You can purchase masterclasses, skype lessons, and participate in discussion boards. This will go beyond a traditional course in many cases.

-You're already used to learning new concepts, so if you want to explore a topic(like 12 tone serialism) you can buy an entire book, rather than just the 1 chapter in your college textbook. It's likely to go into a lot more detail and nuance.

so not only is this the more flexible option, its also MUCH cheaper than going into heaps of debt for college, for a degree that doesn't pay.

The problem is that the delivery of 'self taught gurus' is that it's rarely ever the way it's recieved, but rather a glorified excuse to not learn anything and just wing it. The evidence is that you have people who think some of these guys(I believe TJ from TSFH was brought up on this forum) don't actually know this stuff, and think they don't need to learn it... but the reality is that they DO know the stuff, but maybe didn't learn it in college. But thats like telling people you can be mr. olympia without a gym membership... it's technically true, but in reality - they are using traditional strength training equipment at their home.