Post by Headshot » Sun 29 Apr 2018 22:08

https://youtu.be/obNnDe8fiRs

Mirror Link :

PART 05 - Symphonic Big Band
► Show Spoiler

Suck My BRAAAM

Re: PART 05 - Symphonic Big Band

Post by Suck My BRAAAM » Tue 1 May 2018 10:01

Can't argue against FACTS. Great videos so far, time for some accountability. Too many two-faced numnuts trying to deny what happened. Verta all the sudden can't even remember you lol How convenient, right when he decides to release his new website and masterclasses. I guess having his name tied to such a shit show isn't good to his reputation. Especially when you have him sucking Zimmer's cock at VIC so hard that he almost chokes, to go behind his back and talk all the crap he talks deeply buried in dozens of hours of his masterclasses (bonus hate points for drunk Verta) and even his latest big masterclass (brass) where he gave some nice jabs on the Z man.

Not to say that I don't agree with what he has to say, but when he acts like a noble white knight because HE KNOWS Zimmers is watching.... that's fucking bullshit. And coward to deny later.

Those idiots at VIC need to realize Zimmer doesn't give a fuck about them. It's nothing but an egotrip for him. And don't you dare questioning your highness HZ, his army of minions will tear you apart!

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Tue 1 May 2018 11:06

Hahaha
Suck My BRAAAM wrote: Tue 1 May 2018 10:01 time for some accountability.
EXACTLY
Some people don't understand why I'm doing this and perceive it as blind revenge and waste of time, whereas the point is precisely this : accountability.
You can't expect to say what you want, to act cowardly, to insult or defame without any consequences. It seems that some folks considered themselves untouchable, protected behind VIC's walls and the magical "Hollywood bubble" : " we are numerous, we support a famous composer, we are the world !"

Suck My BRAAAM wrote: Tue 1 May 2018 10:01 Verta all the sudden can't even remember you lol How convenient, right when he decides to release his new website and masterclasses. I guess having his name tied to such a shit show isn't good to his reputation.
He didn't care about my reputation when he helped the whole forum to turn against me using fallacious reasonings.
So yes : time for some accountability
Suck My BRAAAM wrote: Tue 1 May 2018 10:01 to go behind his back and talk all the crap he talks deeply buried in dozens of hours of his masterclasses (bonus hate points for drunk Verta) and even his latest big masterclass (brass) where he gave some nice jabs on the Z man.
I'm really curious about this.

Suck My BRAAAM wrote: Tue 1 May 2018 10:01 Those idiots at VIC need to realize Zimmer doesn't give a fuck about them. It's nothing but an egotrip for him.
What worries me is that most people don't perceive something so obvious.
Suck My BRAAAM wrote: Tue 1 May 2018 10:01 Great videos so far
I'm glad you enjoyed the appetizer.

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Tue 1 May 2018 14:00

I don't think verta talks about Zimmer specifically, but he certainly marks the Zimmer era of bedroom composers

I know I personally don't have a problem with Zimmer's music, just the poor imitation it has spawned.

Suck My BRAAAM

Post by Suck My BRAAAM » Tue 1 May 2018 19:14

Oh yes he does talk very specifically about Hans. He shits all over the man and his music and then proceeds to say "we are friends, he invited me to RCP, I was supposed to work in Inception, blah blah"

With a friend like that...

Whenever I have some free time (I still have a job lol) I will pick exact quotes from his masterclasses. Just to be clear here: I couldn't care less about Mike's opinion on Hans, as I've said before, I often agree with him. What I don't think it's fair is to use Samy as a escape goat to look good at VIC, when Verta himself craps all over the Z man behind his back. Fuck all about that.

ps. you can say it's "not behind his back" because the masterclasses and youtube videos are all publicly available... but come on, to expect Zimmer to watch those guerilla style masterclasses is too much. We should start a campaign so Hans takes some of Verta's classes, his music could really benefit from it. We all would benefit from it lol Don't be lazy Hanzy, I will even throw you a $5 voucher to show my support :D

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Tue 1 May 2018 20:02

Suck My BRAAAM wrote: Tue 1 May 2018 19:14 Oh yes he does talk very specifically about Hans. He shits all over the man and his music and then proceeds to say "we are friends, he invited me to RCP, I was supposed to work in Inception, blah blah"

With a friend like that...

Whenever I have some free time (I still have a job lol) I will pick exact quotes from his masterclasses.
Yes please, it can be fun
Suck My BRAAAM wrote: Tue 1 May 2018 19:14 We should start a campaign so Hans takes some of Verta's classes, his music could really benefit from it.
BLASPHEMY !

Raph

Post by Raph » Thu 3 May 2018 14:03

I highly recommend Henry Mancini's Sounds and scores.

It's one of the most compelling book about orchestration I've read (and I've read Adler, Joseph Wagner, Rimski Korsakov, Berlioz, Forsyth, and Koechlin's second volume, not counting Peter Alexander's I've not finished yet, nor Henry Brandt which is next on the to-study list). It was the most compelling because...

... it's a jazz orchestration book...

... everybody transposes like crazy. You never get the same nomenclatura twice. It's a f*cking nightmare. There are instruments like saxhorns you have no idea what purpose they serve it's clouded and shredded with mystery but you have to deal with it, you have players to write for.

We have a composition teacher here, also a great clarinet player and someone who worked a lot with sax quartets, who came to the library last month (which is -> to me) begging for help because even if he has been writing and conducting for ten years, he still doesn't know what to do with f*cking saxhorns, how to balance them, how to purpose them.

I've read Mancini's book and the closest I get to the "big band sound" is using Project Sam Swing More's prearranged chords -_-"

I'm a bit dumb, my learning curve is slow, but... come on!

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Thu 3 May 2018 17:30

that's the crazy part about the whole thing

there would be NO SHAME in having an expert's input... it's totally unrealistic to spend time mastering a difficult genre for a single piece

Bishop

Post by Bishop » Thu 3 May 2018 17:52

I have the Mancini book too and it's great. There are also good big band arranging books by Glenn Miller, Nelson Riddle and Sammy Nestico.