PART 04 - Where it all Started

phil_l

Re: PART 04 - Where it all Started

Post by phil_l » Thu 3 May 2018 19:16

Strickland wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 18:49
phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 12:00
It's too bad because with your talent you would have been able to work in RCP or in hollywood, but not you're completely discredited, both you and your friend Strickland btw.
Sorry, I'm a little bit late but I wanted to ask you to go on my soundcloud, listen to what I compose and realize that I couldn't care less about working at RCP where I would never compose the music I like.

But interestingly, it says a lot about your way of thinking.
RCP maybe, but Hollywood? your music screams "i want to work on a hollywood movie" , but that will probably never happen because you're too elitist and self-centered on your "I'm a real composer with pencil and paper" thing . Nearly all the hollywood directors couldn't care less of your old orchestration rules

phil_l

Post by phil_l » Thu 3 May 2018 19:20

Kyle Judkins wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 18:44
phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 18:27
Headshot wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 17:08

I evaluate a composer by listening to his/her music (of course I'm talking about what this composer is able to do alone).
In the exact same way, I evaluate an opinion by the quality of the reasoning.
I'm sorry to say that, but, as already explained above, I'm not really convinced by that :

So i'm going to evaluate you ... too bad , there's no music to listen , except that SW Trailer.

Still going by WHO said it rather the content of WHAT they said...

you're a lost cause... lets hope HZ never tells you to jump off a bridge, he's likely the expert
Stop with that... the content of what Headshot has to say ?
"Hans lied about the league of their own track, I feel so defamed and insulted..."

Seriously , do you have only THAT in your life ? having a virtual fight with Hans Zimmer about a track in the 90s ?
Obviously Headshot doesnt care about a lot of things but his virtual reputation on a forum seems to be way more important. "i've been defamed, insulted... mommyyyyyy"

SAD ... very sad

MOVE ON , you've got music to write!

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Thu 3 May 2018 19:25

phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 19:16

RCP maybe, but Hollywood? your music screams "i want to work on a hollywood movie" ,
I love the old Hollywood. The new one is a joke.

phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 19:14 Will you ever admit you've been rude to HZ at least for the first posts ? Thats precisely why everybody or nearly half of the forum trashed you. Would you have been more respectful at first, no drama would have happened.
I already answered this :
Headshot wrote: Wed 2 May 2018 13:50
raphael.badawi wrote: Wed 2 May 2018 13:27 partly because Headshot's style may seem arrogant and exaggerated sometimes

It's true, but I was provocative because I don't like double standard. HZ allowed himself to insult a member for no reason (I will explain that later) and everyone applauded or remained silent.
Therefore, I consider my few sarcastic sentences as a "fair reward".

But man, that's not a topic about me, what about focusing on the subject ? it's hard to argue without personal attacks isn't it ?

(you are crazy, you are elitist etc)

I created my forum rules because of people like you, unable to argue fairly.
phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 19:20 Obviously Headshot doesnt care about a lot of things but his virtual reputation on a forum seems to be way more important. "i've been defamed, insulted... mommyyyyyy"
Because of people like you who don't understand a very simple principle called : the right of reply, I have to explain, explain, and explain again the meaning and the reason of my action. So yes, I've been unfairly insulted and there is nothing childish with settling things.

And who whined like crazy bitches ? me ? or VIC members when I disbelieved their master ?

phil_l

Post by phil_l » Thu 3 May 2018 19:29

The subject is the fight between you and HZ so I dont see how you can talk about that without talking about you ...

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Thu 3 May 2018 19:30

phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 19:29 The subject is the fight between you and HZ so I dont see how you can talk about that without talking about you ...

No, you talked about me personally, you attacked my personality rather than arguing on the subject.

And the subject is : did HZ create that score alone ?
if not : was this a normal and fair behavior to insult and ban someone who only told the truth ?

If you are not interested or if you don't understand my approach, no one forces you to read and to participate.

I'm sure there's a very interesting discussion right now, on VIC.

Best Retards

Post by Best Retards » Thu 3 May 2018 19:44

And when Daniel James or any other member, express their opinion on something related to Zimmer with all the "good manners" you can imagine, Zimmer still find the way to trashtalk them.
Daniel James and spitfire zimmer strings, or that guy Hans called a twat, or the other guy on the Sherlock Holmes cover was treated as an "idiot" because he was trying to give some help to the original poster.

I felt like being in a sect where lots of members were praising Hans in each of his posts.

Headshot's post may sound rude at first, but when you witness constantly blind people ready to accept anything, you better call a cat, a cat .

As you said, everyone knows Hans isn't able to produce a whole score alone like The Final Game, so why not going straight to the subject ?

The funny thing is, Hans was completely IN that challenge, and didn't care about any "Hans we love you, Headshot is an asshole" no he didn't care (since he gets his ass licked everyday by everyone) He needed to prove Headshot that he wrote that score, but .... well, he didn't .
They also kept exchanging privately later on.
Try to send a pm to Hans and say you love him, you'll never get an answer from him, he may burp while reading your message and forget it a second later.

Hans may have never been confronted to someone talking to him straightforwardly like this since a long time. I'm sure he had a boner haha

I'm curious to see what's coming next in these videos, what is the truth Headshot wants us to see.

Strickland

Post by Strickland » Thu 3 May 2018 19:50

phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 19:16
RCP maybe, but Hollywood? your music screams "i want to work on a hollywood movie" , but that will probably never happen because you're too elitist and self-centered on your "I'm a real composer with pencil and paper" thing . Nearly all the hollywood directors couldn't care less of your old orchestration rules
Not even close Phil, let me put it straight : as you underlined it I would never be allowed to do the music I want in the hollywood actual landscape. Guys like you can't understand how happy I am to work on my projects without pressure, with people who cares about music, let me do what I want and give me the budget I need to record my music properly. I earn my life like that, if I have an opportunity to work at hollywood, of course I'll take it, but if not, it won't be a regret.

phil_l

Post by phil_l » Thu 3 May 2018 19:51

You acted RUDE to start with, thats why you were banned. Then that escalated quickly because your character is like this , you're provocative.

HZ first answers to you were very, very polite, and you were provocative, while HZ still took the time to answer VERY HONESTLY

"Let me be Very Clear: every note was sequenced by me and then transcribed verbatim for the players. Actually, in a weird way, the sequenced one still sounds better, because it's crazy tight...No additional composers where used on that track. Shirley Walker and Bruce Fowler transcribed it from the midi. Shirley thought the bass part was unplayable - but Chuck Berghover proved me right and played it effortlessly. The trumpet parts came with a written warning, attached to the parts, that they might endanger the player's health. Rather than changing my arrangement, Shirley decided that was the better way to deal with my lack of knowledge... I can go on...
Regarding the "additional music" credits I give people... sometimes, yes, it's an original creation by that musician. But very often it's an arrangement of a piece of mine - and I give people that credit to advance their career. How else is anyone in this industry going to help them advance? I don't believe in "Ghost Writers", i believe in crediting my collaborators. Just the way Stanley Myers - my mentor - credited me. And if you really want to know where I learned just enough about jazz voicings- it was from doing mock-ups for Stanley, who used to write a lot of jazz. Just listen to his score on "Insignificance". And in that movie it's pretty obvious who did what.
But HeadShot, why so serious? What have I done to you? Do we know each other? What makes you call me a liar?"

I think that answers everything, the orchestrators transcribed , with probably some inherent adaptations. But in that answer HZ seems pretty transparent about his process. No big deal buddy, you take this way too serious.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Thu 3 May 2018 19:55

phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 19:51 You acted RUDE to start with, thats why you were banned. Then that escalated quickly because your character is like this , you're provocative.

What's wrong with you dude ?
Headshot wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 19:25
I already answered this :
Headshot wrote: Wed 2 May 2018 13:50
raphael.badawi wrote: Wed 2 May 2018 13:27 partly because Headshot's style may seem arrogant and exaggerated sometimes

It's true, but I was provocative because I don't like double standard. HZ allowed himself to insult a member for no reason (I will explain that later) and everyone applauded or remained silent.
Therefore, I consider my few sarcastic sentences as a "fair reward".

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Thu 3 May 2018 19:58

phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 19:51 No big deal buddy, you take this way too serious.
I take things as I want, and nobody forces you to stay here and to read my messages buddy.

Best Retards

Post by Best Retards » Thu 3 May 2018 20:05

I think that answers everything, the orchestrators transcribed , with probably some inherent adaptations. But in that answer HZ seems pretty transparent about his process. No big deal buddy, you take this way too serious.
You know nothing Jon Snow, the Kraken has not been released yet :D

Also let me remind you that sentence in a few weeks

phil_l

Post by phil_l » Thu 3 May 2018 20:11

So when the kraken will be released .. what's the final goal? do you think directors / producers won't hire hans zimmer anymore? I don't see the point except for your self-esteem

Suck My BRAAAM

Post by Suck My BRAAAM » Thu 3 May 2018 20:17

Having a strong opinion isn't the same as being rude. You know what's rude? To call someone a twat, an idiot, a diarrheic amoeba, etc. Those are all things your pal Zimmer got away and was overlooked by moderation.

Here are the facts: HZ in 1992 had little to no musical knowledge compared to your average bar musician down the street. He then proceeded to state that he wrote a fucking orchestral big band cue and orchestrated it all by himfself on a note basis. And the 1992 mockup sounded better than the final product (lol funny guy). And finally he started playing the self-pity card, like we're supposed to feel amazed how a layman could write that shit without knowing the name of the white keys. GENIUS! THE NEXT BEETHOVEN!

Give me a break...

After all this nonsense, I think the Headshot questioned him was very appropriated. He didn't offend Hans, but he called bullshit point blank. Why sugarcoat a liar? Because he's famous? He's the "number one in demand composer in Hollywood"? Fuck that! Headshot was a gentleman compared to the way I would have dealt with Hans' lies.
Last edited by Suck My BRAAAM on Thu 3 May 2018 20:20, edited 4 times in total.

Best Retards

Post by Best Retards » Thu 3 May 2018 20:19

No self esteem my friend, only one goal, the truth.
Truth is such a rare value nowaday

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Thu 3 May 2018 20:20

phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 20:11 So when the kraken will be released .. what's the final goal? do you think directors / producers won't hire hans zimmer anymore? I don't see the point except for your self-esteem
The final goal is : concern for truth

But it's undoubtedly another principle that you may have a hard time to understand.

Now, I have heard your point very well, you expressed it several times : that matter has no interest and there is no point in my action.

So, why are you still here ?