PART 04 - Where it all Started

Headshot
The Impartial

Re: PART 04 - Where it all Started

Post by Headshot » Thu 3 May 2018 13:08

raphael.badawi wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 12:39 True indeed. Ad hominem means you attack someone directly, not the underlying thesis of his words (it would mean all Socrates arguments in Plato's dialogues are ad hominem... -_-" ). Because we can talk about ideas, test and challenge them, finally get to a consensus. Which is not the case if you disqualify someone per se.
True, true, true.
phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 12:41 And headshot did plenty of good vibes when he did his SW rescore. But again he started to trash modern music and that was the starting point where everything degenerated.
The thread didn't degenerate, on the contrary it ended well. Some morons just behaved unfairly.
And I didn't trash modern music.

But it's hard to be understood, most people have a bias reading, bias memory and make wrong shortcuts.

Best Retards

Post by Best Retards » Thu 3 May 2018 13:23

phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 12:00
Well it's the music bizness, these things happen all the time! do you live on planet earth ?

It started on Gladiator. For the oscar, only hans zimmer and lisa gerrard were nominated. But Klaus Badelt
actually arranged a lot of musical cues with lisa gerrard , and also did additional music. He wasnt happy not to be
nominated as a co-composer . Hans gave him solo credits on Pirates of The Caribbean 1 as a gift . Still not happy of that gladiator story ( and also
he was having a hard time on POTC1 , thats why HZ came later as the rescue man ) so he sued HZ..
He actually won thats why if you go on Klaus Badelt website, you can listen to all the cues he arranged on Gladiator
And thats why since that day, Klaus never worked on a major hollywood picture. This was a stupid move ...
You just point out the real problem here.
First, you never know which creative process they went through, you can't just assume that Hans as a generous man gave Klaus a movie and let go for a score he invested a lot of time and effort and because he's sad and can't forget Gladiator, he sues Hans ?

Do you really think someone like Klaus (who worked for him for years) doesn't know what it means to sue Hans ?
You think he just threw a tantrum "gimme back my Gladiator cues ?"
I think this is far more complex than just a childish fight, I think its about Hans whole creative process.

And also, the way you tell the story shows no impartiality, you think Hans is the good guy.
Never judge when you only have the tip of the iceberg as elements of your story

Raph

Post by Raph » Thu 3 May 2018 13:54

We don't know how things are going on, we don't know how is HZ process from start to finish. We just know there are assistants intervening during the process. So there is only one thing we can conclude from that.

(OK, I'm leaving ---> [] )

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Thu 3 May 2018 14:07

phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 12:28
Headshot wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 12:11
phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 12:00 And yeah consider that as personal attacks if you want, fair enough. The way you attacked HZ on VI-C was irrespectful.
I don't consider : THAT WAS a personal attack that aim to disqualify my action and my arguments.

Challenging or disbelieving someone is not a personal attack even if you feel insulted.

Calling someone crazy, jealous, arrogant etc are personal attacks that aim to disqualify your interlocutor.

Read this :
http://www.modernity-sucks.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3
From the moment someone feels insulted, it is a personal attack.
Re-read that out loud a few times...

I don't know what brand of post-modernism you pour into your cereal every morning, but that is the most ridiculous perspective I have ever heard.

It's not up to anyone to decide if what is said about them is a personal attack... There are objective measures, which exists far beyond the rattle psyche of whoever decides to feel offended or insulted.

You are basically representing the slow manipulation of thought that has occurred over the past few decades... I suggest you read 1984.

By your logic nobody can even criticize anyone else, that would be a personal attack... so everything you said both positive and negative about headshot, headshot would be within his right to be offended, thus making even the nice things you said about him a personal attack... You see how stupid that is?

If it's up to anyone to decide if someone else committed a crime based on wild feelings, then thought his crime, and if I think you committed treason, then you committed treason. No further trial needed, just throw you in prison or execute you.

I'm trying to imagine a world where everyone is too afraid to criticize each other, for fear that it will be taken as a personal attack.

DarkestShadow

Post by DarkestShadow » Thu 3 May 2018 15:53

I'm insulted by the fact that you wrote this on a forum I'm registered on. How dare you to personally attack me in that way???
Lionel Schmitt

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Thu 3 May 2018 16:35

DarkestShadow wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 15:53
I'm insulted by the fact that you wrote this on a forum I'm registered on. How dare you to personally attack me in that way???
I feel insulted by you feeling insulted

the price is Sam's life for letting me be e-murdered.

really though, it's like that crazy feminist who wrote the article about how a couple "raped her" into a threesome...

"they invited me over for dinner, and then after they asked me if I wanted to have a threesome, but I felt like it would be rude if I said no"

this generation is so lost

phil_l

Post by phil_l » Thu 3 May 2018 16:39

Kyle Judkins wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 14:07
Headshot wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 12:11

I don't consider : THAT WAS a personal attack that aim to disqualify my action and my arguments.

Challenging or disbelieving someone is not a personal attack even if you feel insulted.

Calling someone crazy, jealous, arrogant etc are personal attacks that aim to disqualify your interlocutor.

Read this :
http://www.modernity-sucks.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3

I don't know what brand of post-modernism you pour into your cereal every morning, but that is the most ridiculous perspective I have ever heard.

It's not up to anyone to decide if what is said about them is a personal attack... There are objective measures, which exists far beyond the rattle psyche of whoever decides to feel offended or insulted.

You are basically representing the slow manipulation of thought that has occurred over the past few decades... I suggest you read 1984.

By your logic nobody can even criticize anyone else, that would be a personal attack... so everything you said both positive and negative about headshot, headshot would be within his right to be offended, thus making even the nice things you said about him a personal attack... You see how stupid that is?

If it's up to anyone to decide if someone else committed a crime based on wild feelings, then thought his crime, and if I think you committed treason, then you committed treason. No further trial needed, just throw you in prison or execute you.

I'm trying to imagine a world where everyone is too afraid to criticize each other, for fear that it will be taken as a personal attack.
Funny how all of you on this forum seem to have a thesis in philosophy.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Thu 3 May 2018 17:08

phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 16:39 Funny how all of you on this forum seem to have a thesis in philosophy.
I evaluate a composer by listening to his/her music (of course I'm talking about what this composer is able to do alone).
In the exact same way, I evaluate an opinion by the quality of the reasoning.
I'm sorry to say that, but, as already explained above, I'm not really convinced by that :
phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 12:28 From the moment someone feels insulted, it is a personal attack.

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Thu 3 May 2018 17:24

phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 16:39
Kyle Judkins wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 14:07

Funny how all of you on this forum seem to have a thesis in philosophy.
I'm sure you're a bright guy, but so far you've managed to miss label well documented criticism as a personal attack, took part in ad hominem and gaslighting, and now deflected.

One of the major rules of this forum is to argue with arguments...

simply saying "heh, u must hav a degree in philosophy" is not an actual argument, and it's a terrible case of appeal to authority fallacy..

If the greatest mathematician in the world says 2 plus 2 equals 5, they are still wrong... if a second grader says two plus two equals four, then they are correct.

In fact they could just be mimicking sounds they heard, and not even speak the English language and they would still be correct even if they didn't know what they were saying.

The idea that truth is somehow only as good as the person who says it is just a political move, to use phony degrees to spread misinformation. I mean you could get a degree in sociology right now, and have absolutely no idea how Society actually functions... all that degree means now is that you can regurgitate BuzzFeed rhetoric proficiently.

On a side note My Philosophy professor sucked... he was good at remembering quotes from Socrates, Plato, Aristotle... but was so functionally close minded I couldn't explain to him the fact that we see in two dimensions and only the illusion of a third due to extrapolated depth.

Which was simply me talking about how funny it was to hear kids scoff at older console games for being in 2D, when in reality a 3D game is a two dimensional composite of a three-dimensional calculated space, which is then displayed on a two-dimensional surface and received in two dimensions by your eyes.

So if having a degree in philosophy makes you that simple minded, I'm glad I don't have one... But then again neither did Socrates or Thales.

phil_l

Post by phil_l » Thu 3 May 2018 18:27

Headshot wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 17:08
phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 16:39 Funny how all of you on this forum seem to have a thesis in philosophy.
I evaluate a composer by listening to his/her music (of course I'm talking about what this composer is able to do alone).
I'm sorry to say that, but, as already explained above, I'm not really convinced by that :
phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 12:28 From the moment someone feels insulted, it is a personal attack.
So i'm going to evaluate you ... too bad , there's no music to listen , except that SW Trailer.

Bishop

Post by Bishop » Thu 3 May 2018 18:29

Type his real name into SoundCloud to hear a bunch of things.

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Thu 3 May 2018 18:44

phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 18:27
Headshot wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 17:08
So i'm going to evaluate you ... too bad , there's no music to listen , except that SW Trailer.

Still going by WHO said it rather the content of WHAT they said...

you're a lost cause... lets hope HZ never tells you to jump off a bridge, he's likely the expert

Strickland

Post by Strickland » Thu 3 May 2018 18:49

phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 12:00
It's too bad because with your talent you would have been able to work in RCP or in hollywood, but not you're completely discredited, both you and your friend Strickland btw.
Sorry, I'm a little bit late but I wanted to ask you to go on my soundcloud, listen to what I compose and realize that I couldn't care less about working at RCP where I would never compose the music I like.

But interestingly, it says a lot about your way of thinking.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Thu 3 May 2018 19:04

phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 18:27 So i'm going to evaluate you ...
You can evaluate me as much as you want, you will not be able to offend me that way.
phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 12:00 It's too bad because with your talent you would have been able to work in RCP or in hollywood, but not you're completely discredited, both you and your friend Strickland btw.
That's precisely because of this thought process that the world is full of cowards and ass-kissers, people who consider their career more important than truth and dignity.

Isn't that obvious that I don't give a shit about working at RC ?

We don't share the same values.

phil_l

Post by phil_l » Thu 3 May 2018 19:14

Will you ever admit you've been rude to HZ at least for the first posts ? Thats precisely why everybody or nearly half of the forum trashed you. Would you have been more respectful at first, no drama would have happened.

Arguments and facts are important, but the way you express them are as much important.