PART 04 - Where it all Started

phil_l

Re: PART 04 - Where it all Started

Post by phil_l » Thu 3 May 2018 20:23

"HZ in 1992 had little to no musical knowledge compared to your average bar musician down the street. "

Proofs? I want a proof and not your feeling

phil_l

Post by phil_l » Thu 3 May 2018 20:24

Headshot wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 20:20
phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 20:11 So when the kraken will be released .. what's the final goal? do you think directors / producers won't hire hans zimmer anymore? I don't see the point except for your self-esteem
The final goal is : concern for truth

But it's undoubtedly another principle that you may have a hard time to understand.

Now, I have heard your point very well, you expressed it several times : that matter has no interest and there is no point in my action.

So, why are you still here ?
personal attack?

Best Retards

Post by Best Retards » Thu 3 May 2018 20:27

Maybe because he wants to see

Like the rest of us ?

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Thu 3 May 2018 20:28

phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 20:24
personal attack?
I don't understand.

I asked you : why are you still arguing in such a "useless" place ?

phil_l

Post by phil_l » Thu 3 May 2018 20:32

Headshot wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 20:28
phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 20:24
personal attack?
I don't understand.

I asked you : why are you still arguing in such a "useless" place ?
I'm waiting for part 6

Best Retards

Post by Best Retards » Thu 3 May 2018 20:34

Better than netflix Phil

Suck My BRAAAM

Post by Suck My BRAAAM » Thu 3 May 2018 21:25

phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 20:23 "HZ in 1992 had little to no musical knowledge compared to your average bar musician down the street. "

Proofs? I want a proof and not your feeling
It's a well known fact that Hans doesn't know theory. He often says it. He had no more than two weeks of formal music training of childhood piano lessons.

"I was once chastised while working on The Simpsons Movie for saying “lydian flat 7” instead of “the cartoon scale.” - Michael Levine

He's a fantastic piano roll reader though lol

I'm not trying to discredit Hans music sensibility, I like some of his music and couldn't care less about his formal music training. There are great artists that don't know theory, all power to them. The point is, when he says he wrote and orchestraded every single note of a complex big band cue without any formal training at all, that's a lie. Plain and simple.

Please, I'm getting tired of repeating myself lol

And why do we care? Because when you have a fucking superstar worshiped by almost every wannabe composer lying and getting away with it, there's a domino effect that can take the credibility out of our work as composers. Just look at RedBanned now, the one place that people should take this shit seriously, they are now throwing a fist and saying "it wasn't a big deal, who cares?"

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Thu 3 May 2018 21:52

Suck My BRAAAM wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 21:25

And why do we care? Because when you have a fucking superstar worshiped by almost every wannabe composer lying and getting away with it, there's a domino effect that can take the credibility out of our work as composers. Just look at RedBanned now, the one place that people should take this shit seriously, they are now throwing a fist and saying "it wasn't a big deal, who cares?"

These people are amazing...I said I didn't want to argue on Redbanned, why did they start a discussion there rather than arguing directly with me here ?
I really, really don't understand.

Best Retards

Post by Best Retards » Thu 3 May 2018 21:57

They're waiting for the kraken, in guest mode , that's why.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Thu 3 May 2018 22:05

hahaha

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Thu 3 May 2018 23:41

It honestly takes a great deal of patience on my part, but when someone ask me a question about another person's motives, the only intellectually honest thing I can do is point them directly to the person themselves explaining their motives...

and worse they want the shortened version of an explanation as proof...

It's like me making the claim that Marxism has infested college professors - and they go "WHERE IS THE PROOF FOR YOUR BASELESS CLAIM"

and then you respond with examples of the same rationale/speech/patterns as Marxism/it's various rises throughout history

and they expect me to just link a tweet from a professor "I'm a marxist" lol

ofcourse it's 2018, they are proud marxists now, so that's a bad example. but it's like they are looking for short sound byte versions of proof so they can just cry out of context or w/e. a very dishonest way of debate

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Fri 4 May 2018 00:21

Kyle Judkins wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 23:41 It honestly takes a great deal of patience on my part, but when someone ask me a question about another person's motives, the only intellectually honest thing I can do is point them directly to the person themselves explaining their motives...
Thank you my friend, unfortunately I'm not sure if something can be expected from people who don't make the effort to listen to what I have to say.

They can watch a 25 hours Masterclass in a row but they don't have the time for a few short videos ? That's a really strange behavior, isn't it ?

Why talking about that matter if you don't want to inform yourself ? Why asking questions if you are not interested in the answers ?

Message to Redbanned folks :

The main problem was not :

should we care about the fact that HZ works with a huge amount of collaborators ?

but :

was it healthy to insult and banish someone who just didn't believe him ?

Because my approach aims mainly to reply to the crazy collective reaction to which some of you have participated.
Some of you behaved unfairly and will be soon confronted to their sins.
So, don't try to deny what you did with your pathetic : "we don't care if HZ didn't create that score alone !"

It's only a trick to avoid the problem.

The main problem was your insults, your double standard and your coward endorsement of censorship. I will post this screen as long as necessary :

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Fri 4 May 2018 03:34

I mean I tried to express atleast for me, I could care less about the final game/hz - more or less just the lynch mob.

Same way I could care less about someone using a 1700 instrument template, only that people get so petty blood thirsty that they'll look for any reason to stamp out anyone who goes against the grain.

but ofcourse, I'm not going to speak for you, although I estimate it's very clear that it's less about HZ and more about how people lost their shit.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Fri 4 May 2018 10:04

Kyle Judkins wrote: Fri 4 May 2018 03:34 but ofcourse, I'm not going to speak for you, although I estimate it's very clear that it's less about HZ and more about how people lost their shit.
Yes, we would not be in that situation today without that crazy "lynching".

I reacted first in the topic "Why do we all have to be Zimmer clones" because I think HZ is incredibly overestimated and because I think he misleads the young composers with his : "you can do what you want to do" BS.
So, I reacted with a parody of fanboy : "please HZ !! a big band master class !" then a guy linked a comment HZ made about The Final Game in which he claimed to have written and orchestrated that score while knowing nothing about big band.
And you know what happened next.

We would not be in that situation if these people had respected my right to voice my disbelief and my right to hold my opinion.

They have trampled my freedom of thought in the name of morality and civility. And give me a break with my provocative tone : HZ insulted members and no one reacted, and I was myself insulted and "assaulted" in my Star Wars Rescored thread.
Stop your selective indignation.

So, HZ is not the heart of that matter but he is inevitably bound to it for two reasons :
I don't appreciate the way he endorses censorship and insults towards those who dare to criticize him (see the video : The Moral High Ground https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjSzsKJ83PY)

and because to show how unfair, stupid or ignorant some forum members have been, I have to prove - among other things - that I was right.

sazema

Post by sazema » Sat 5 May 2018 13:41

Hi guys :)
DarkestShadow wrote: Wed 2 May 2018 17:35 If Hans came up with the Interstellar melodies and themes that's already enough for me. The arrangement actually in a way results out of this and is actually also rather simple, not like the CATcerto where orchestration and arrangement skills are showcased more strongly and driving the actual composition.
If we're at Intersteallar, I doubt because main melody and general idea is IMHO used from here (even church organ as main instrument):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9dnqufIVbY

I hope I didn't insult anyone by posting this :)