Post by Headshot » Mon 16 Apr 2018 23:21

https://youtu.be/BCm_xaf6PM4

Mirror Link :

Judgement Day Has Arrived
► Show Spoiler

Kyle Judkins

Re: Judgement Day Has Arrived

Post by Kyle Judkins » Tue 1 May 2018 02:37

I just realized you wouldn't be able to find any of my remarks about you - since my user was blasted off the face of endor when I was banned.

Also, kind of funny that the thread about me getting banned you still had people talking about you.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Tue 1 May 2018 02:55

Kyle Judkins wrote: Tue 1 May 2018 02:37 Also, kind of funny that the thread about me getting banned you still had people talking about you.
Where it is ?

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Tue 1 May 2018 08:57

Headshot wrote: Tue 1 May 2018 02:55
Kyle Judkins wrote: Tue 1 May 2018 02:37 Also, kind of funny that the thread about me getting banned you still had people talking about you.
Where it is ?
the one by jaap... "aren't people too quickly banned?" if I'm not mistaken.

I was anthraxsnax, would have made the account basically right ass the door hit you on the ass

https://vi-control.net/community/thread ... ned.61779/

meanwhile I got shit on right out the gate, even my first few days on the forum larry(NYC composer) felt the need to go out of his way to greet me with a petty non-constructive off topic jab.

So ghost note might have stood up for you, but he didn't seem to care at how many people(like you) had no problem verbally assaulting me. My guess is he probably just didn't see most of my posts - and just took others' word for it that I was running around "insulting people". 99% of my posts were just helping other newbies whenever I could.

though I did laugh pretty hard at the person being melodramatic that they were "afraid to post their opinion on the off chance that I'd challenge them"... like damn - I'm some kind of tyrant! Meanwhile that danish viola player(thesteelydane?) accused me of projecting, which is a pretty ironic statement to make.

I forgot how pretentious that conversation was... Noam had put up a few examples, one of which sounded like drawn in midi strings - I commented on it, was baffled that someone said the (clearly)quantized one sounded the most natural. Which I assume is a learned taste from listening to too many sample libraries - but basically just gave the dude a run-down of how an ensemble works.

then went into a pretentious circle jerk were that danish nerd claims his orchestras were basically metronomes, and that pointing out basic timing flaws is not only normal with a large ensembe - but it's part of the sound. Then he would agree - but only to someone paraphrasing what I said, not if I actually said it. Then i asked for an example using short notes of ANY professional group - and then told him to slow the video speed down, and if you can't hear seperate "plucks" landing all over the place - then you shouldnt be making music. So basically a bunch of stuck up people on the internet rephrasing the same basic knowledge while pretending to not understand what the other person is saying - just for some weird expertise dynamic. Then the asshole said something along the lines of singers being sloppy because they aren't musicians (because he knows I was a singer.) I shoulda said viola's for violinists who didn't even make the last seat in 2nd violins lol. Just the idea that he was so intimidated that I offered insight to how a string ensemble works to a bedroom keyboard composer that he found a way to insult vocal music in general. And then play it off as a "joke" despite using it directly in his argument.

but thats how ridiculous that place is... older members are literally threatened enough to argue with ADVICE you're giving someone, even though at the end of the day they probably agree with you anyways - just want to feign ignorance and bend words to make a disagreement where there isnt any.

I did insult that guy, but yeah - when people go out of their way to "correct" your advice(nitpick wording) it's so petty that I had just about 0 patience at that point... was probably a week before i was banned... this would have been around the same time i had an exhausting thread where half the world was convinced that a midi accordion would never be passable to a casual listener, and that a real accordion sounds more like a real orchestra than sample library orchestras.

I even remember using a JW example with pizzicato - and said you could very obviously hear the flamming if you slow it down, and someone was like "maybe he wanted it to sound that way" lol... like every piece ever written with ensemble pizzicato was meant to be "naturally" sloppy magically too.

I just think if most of those guys played a percussion part in time and then zoomed in on the wave form they'd realize how inaccurate we are, and how thats the normal sound we expect to hear... which is why midi sounds so jarringly fake to us.

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Tue 1 May 2018 10:10

does freshen my memory quickly of why I told mike greene I didn't have any interest in coming back... just remembering how random and petty people where - and how that shit followed me around thread to thread until I was like paper thin.

I mean I'm like 99% sure they actually agreed with me on literally everything in the end, which means that the entire time they were arguing with me was literally for no reason.

I know I snapped at that one of them too, because they were claiming they didn't hear the sloppiness - but also said early on in the thread they didn't notice a difference between the 3 versions in the OP. Meaning they have 0 critical listening skills, while making a hearing claim against my own.

I know noam mostly agreed with me, and had he not been in that thread agreeing with me(albeit not directly defending me) I would have probably been banned in that exchange. But it was still the passive/back line type of situation, where I think he knew if he stuck his neck out for me - it would get cut off.

but damn, dealing with that highschool clique mentality all day just gets old quick.

part of the issue was literally just my time spent learning things and watching things for years and years instead of actually talking... it's like "you should spend more time learning than talking" but if you actually spend time learning, and then start talking - everyone treats you as if you've only been learning since you started talking... And since it's a hobby and I just like messing with the stuff in my free time - I don't have a fancy website and portfolio either. But if they judged the content of my posts, instead of trying to judge who MADE the post - it wouldn't be a big deal.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Tue 1 May 2018 11:27

Kyle Judkins wrote: Tue 1 May 2018 10:10 But if they judged the content of my posts, instead of trying to judge who MADE the post - it wouldn't be a big deal.
THAT is indeed one of the major problems :

https://youtu.be/rM3Ahsa9Klk

Bishop

Post by Bishop » Tue 1 May 2018 15:07

Looking forward to part 6. The reaction from the mob will be predictable (troll, narcissist, and so on) but it’s important to have both sides of the story. And I hope you’ll eventually post a plain-text summary of the facts because I doubt many people care enough to sit through all of the videos.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Tue 1 May 2018 15:57

Bishop wrote: Tue 1 May 2018 15:07 And I hope you’ll eventually post a plain-text summary of the facts because I doubt many people care enough to sit through all of the videos.
True.

The Part 6 is sufficient in itself and ends the "debate", but I thought it was necessary to clearly explain the situation (for those who have a bad memory) and why I reacted that way before going further.

Anyway, I planned to do a "best of".