Why Did Headshot Get Banned ?

Pariahs Zone
jdawkins
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue 24 Apr 2018 10:57

Re: Why Did Headshot Get Banned ?

Post by jdawkins » Thu 26 Apr 2018 09:13

Kyle Judkins wrote:
Tue 24 Apr 2018 15:25
Chris probably can't actually orchestrate, like I mentioned.

he likely hands a musical short hand, writes what he wants, what instruments- but likely needs help for the rest.


or atleast when he writes he seems to have 0 regard for feasibility or part writing.

It's not to knock his work, but he has the resources around him to convert his keyboard playing into actual performable music. So his advice to people without that luxury is kind of shakey.

the VAST majority of composers would never find themselves in his position no matter what, because only a few make it up the ladder regardless. I like Chris, but his outlook on music isn't applicable to most people - so advice should be taken with a large dose of salt.
Have you actually listened to his scores or are you just talking shit randomly? "Probably can't orchestrate?" I thought this was a place to discuss things with facts and not shittalk other people behind their backs. Go and call out Chris on VI-C where he's present and tell him that he can't orchestrate if you want to have such a discussion. You also call out other people in your posts in this thread. Why? Do you like discussing people and gossiping like an old hag? Go and tell that to their face. Otherwise this place is no different than VI-Control.

You act like a know-it-all but I have yet to hear a single piece of coherent music composed by you. I'd also love to hear it orchestrated. Come on, let's see if you can orchestrate. If you can't, why are you bothering whether some Englishman can or can't instead of working on your own chops?

User avatar
Headshot
The Impartial
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun 1 Oct 2017 23:23

Re: Why Did Headshot Get Banned ?

Post by Headshot » Thu 26 Apr 2018 10:05

jdawkins wrote:
Thu 26 Apr 2018 09:13
Go and tell that to their face. Otherwise this place is no different than VI-Control.
The people named in this topic (excepted Chris) have been informed and invited.

They insulted and attacked me for no reason knowing that I was banned.

So, they receive now an appropriate answer for their cowardly behavior, and this is just the beginning.

Concerning Chris, please feel free to inform him so that he can answer if he wishes but I don't know him and I'm not familiar with his work.

Anyway, was he the target of this thread ?

Because there is a big difference between being criticized by one person and many.

Image

User avatar
FriFlo
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2018 16:33

Re: Why Did Headshot Get Banned ?

Post by FriFlo » Thu 26 Apr 2018 13:04

Sam, I agree that all those comments are insults and mindless! But on the other hand, this could be called 'mild" to what the home of the mindless hordes (aka "the internet") usually can provide ... Vi-Control is a place where you can hardly take most of its content and its members seriously - even most of the people who opposed against you would agree on that.
So, if I post something on Facebook as an answer to a stupid comment, e.g. a right winger showing his fake news and drawing absurd conclusions from it, I expect to be confronted with the most aggressive language and the usual shit storm. That is just the nature of the internet per se! And it shows me, why the medium alone is not bringing good things and progress for humanity.
So, what do I do as a consequence? I could just let it go and tell myself, these idiots are not worth my time. I could try to confront them with realities, but I already know that probably 99,999% of these folks have made up their mind already, so that is a lost cause ... I could engage in some political project or party with the aim of fighting against the blatant right wing propaganda that is provided for the idiots. That would not help in making fools less stupid immediately, but it could make their kids hopefully a bit smarter. So, in my mind only two of these reactions make a lot of sense to me: ignoring it, as one person can only do so much to change the world or investing my time in a smart project.
The question is, aren't you investing way to much effort into some sort of crusade, that won't get you anywhere?
What could be achieved by discussions like these?
Can you hurt those guys? No, they live in an echo chamber, as way to many folks admire Hans Zimmer and want to at least smell some of his success.
Can you change their minds? No! They will just not witness what will be said here. They just don't care for what you think.
And what about the like-minded people who visit this forum? It will be interesting to talk about these things, like 'I get headaches by listening to trailer scoring' or 'Hans Zimmer is quite a limited musician who let's others do the work for him and takes all the credit". I certainly welcome the opportunity that topics like these can be discussed without immediate shit storm and that is where I see some potential in this forum. But how long will such discussion last? IMO it is an endless discussion with those opposed, yet, it is quickly finished with a crowd of like minded people. Therefore, if this forum is just a quick self-therapy or a test how many like minded people there might be, that is all good! On the long term, I would just remove some sections from the board index, as these are just a wrong focus IMO. It is not new to you, I suppose, that there is nothing but pain to gain, as long as you focus on this kind of a crusade. I would rather focus on the positive and try to enable a counter movement of musicians caring for music. Ignore all insults you received and do something positive here! Even that will not wipe out the ignorance and shallowness there is. But it will feel better for you in the end! I am sure about that. :-)

User avatar
Headshot
The Impartial
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun 1 Oct 2017 23:23

Re: Why Did Headshot Get Banned ?

Post by Headshot » Thu 26 Apr 2018 13:51

I understand your point.

But I didn't plan to spend my life on this. Moreover, 80% of the forum has nothing to do with this matter.
FriFlo wrote:
Thu 26 Apr 2018 13:04
I would just remove some sections from the board index, as these are just a wrong focus IMO. It is not new to you, I suppose, that there is nothing but pain to gain, as long as you focus on this kind of a crusade.
My first crusade is : Justice

and justice will not be done in this thread but here :

Image

Perhaps you should wait to see this content before drawing conclusions about the usefulness of my action. And maybe you're right, maybe it'll be useless. But in any case : I needed to do it.
FriFlo wrote:
Thu 26 Apr 2018 13:04
I would rather focus on the positive and try to enable a counter movement of musicians caring for music. Ignore all insults you received and do something positive here !

As i said above : most of the forum is about music, so let's build something positive !

User avatar
Kyle Judkins
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2018 02:53

Re: Why Did Headshot Get Banned ?

Post by Kyle Judkins » Thu 26 Apr 2018 14:14

jdawkins wrote:
Thu 26 Apr 2018 09:13
Kyle Judkins wrote:
Tue 24 Apr 2018 15:25
Chris probably can't actually orchestrate, like I mentioned.

he likely hands a musical short hand, writes what he wants, what instruments- but likely needs help for the rest.


or atleast when he writes he seems to have 0 regard for feasibility or part writing.

It's not to knock his work, but he has the resources around him to convert his keyboard playing into actual performable music. So his advice to people without that luxury is kind of shakey.

the VAST majority of composers would never find themselves in his position no matter what, because only a few make it up the ladder regardless. I like Chris, but his outlook on music isn't applicable to most people - so advice should be taken with a large dose of salt.
Have you actually listened to his scores or are you just talking shit randomly? "Probably can't orchestrate?" I thought this was a place to discuss things with facts and not shittalk other people behind their backs. Go and call out Chris on VI-C where he's present and tell him that he can't orchestrate if you want to have such a discussion. You also call out other people in your posts in this thread. Why? Do you like discussing people and gossiping like an old hag? Go and tell that to their face. Otherwise this place is no different than VI-Control.

You act like a know-it-all but I have yet to hear a single piece of coherent music composed by you. I'd also love to hear it orchestrated. Come on, let's see if you can orchestrate. If you can't, why are you bothering whether some Englishman can or can't instead of working on your own chops?
How modern of you to be offended for someone else... I like Chris, I like his music... but he does not write orchestral music.

Playing a string patch at a keyboard is not orchestrating... and considering his borderline anti Theory stance that he's expressed, he's made it very clear there is a lot about music he doesn't know and doesn't care to know. That isn't a bad thing of course, that is just not a path he shows any interest in going down.

Instead of just getting wildly offended, maybe you should check and see if it's actually an insult, more importantly if it's something Chris actually even cares about... it's like if I made the claim that Arnold Schwarzenegger can't play the drums, and doesn't appear to be interested in learning to play the drums... And then some wild Fanboy shows up and says, you don't know what he can or can't do... He can do anything he's my hero! Why don't you say that to his face, why don't you show me your Neil Peart solo!

If Chris comes on and corrects me that he hand orchestrates his own stuff I will orchestrate a piece just for him and mail the staff paper to him.

and as far as going there and "telling it to their face" - i was permanently banned from ViC, so that isn't going to happen. And I respect Mike's personal property(the forum) enough not to ban my evasion - as I respect his right to decide who can and can't participate on his forum.

And I've "Told that to his face, don't worry".

User avatar
FriFlo
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2018 16:33

Re: Why Did Headshot Get Banned ?

Post by FriFlo » Thu 26 Apr 2018 15:04

Headshot wrote:
Thu 26 Apr 2018 13:51
I understand your point.

But I didn't plan to spend my life on this. Moreover, 80% of the forum has nothing to do with this matter.
FriFlo wrote:
Thu 26 Apr 2018 13:04
I would just remove some sections from the board index, as these are just a wrong focus IMO. It is not new to you, I suppose, that there is nothing but pain to gain, as long as you focus on this kind of a crusade.
My first crusade is : Justice

and justice will not be done in this thread but here :

Image

Perhaps you should wait to see this content before drawing conclusions about the usefulness of my action. And maybe you're right, maybe it'll be useless. But in any case : I needed to do it.
FriFlo wrote:
Thu 26 Apr 2018 13:04
I would rather focus on the positive and try to enable a counter movement of musicians caring for music. Ignore all insults you received and do something positive here !

As i said above : most of the forum is about music, so let's build something positive !
I am happy you agree with me it should be about building something positive more than fighting all the negative. The last post really shows that my doubts about some of the rules you set are a bit fragile ... insult someone where most people agree and everybody will chime in ... until someone insults a person you like and suddenly you have a very familiar situation. That is why respect is always a good idea, even with a person you have a fight about truth. Which is why I don't particularly like the way you communicated this with your 'arch enemies'. Don't get me wrong! I am not a fan of Mike Verta, as I don't like most of his philosophy about life and music. I just respect him for having skills and generally as I respect all human beings. What he did in defense of HZ was cheap (I commented it was just a rhetorical trick what did by saying you called Hz a liar).
But what kind of response is appropriate to that? Ignoring it and never communication with that guy again? Sure! Telling him once that this was cheap and untrue to the way he usually talks about Hz? Certainly! But writing him that you will talk bad about him sometimes soon - that seems a bit childish to me! Sorry! If I didn't know what happened, I would probably thought 'what a douchebag!' Knowing it, I can understand you do not like him. But I still wouldn't have commented it in that way.
Regarding all the subforms about your 'crusade': There is so much secrecy at the moment. Most of those subforms are locked and I just cannot say I stand by something, as long as I do not have the slightest clue what it is about. If you really have some great plan, I would not talk about it until it is ready to be announced (I have to think about sample developers, writing that). :-) But this secrecy, the Kraken, the announcements to certain people ... sorry mate! You are loosing me on that! :-) Maybe I will change my mind once I see what you are up to. But, honestly, my imagination fails me to think up something to justify that kind of messing around, even if it's all sarcastic. To me, it seems like starting World War III over some people on Facebook you despise. A bit overkill, isn't it? ;-)

User avatar
Headshot
The Impartial
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun 1 Oct 2017 23:23

Re: Why Did Headshot Get Banned ?

Post by Headshot » Thu 26 Apr 2018 15:28

FriFlo wrote:
Thu 26 Apr 2018 15:04
Certainly! But writing him that you will talk bad about him sometimes soon - that seems a bit childish to me!
I informed him that I'm going to say unpleasant things, not bad things.

I was insulted and even defamed, do I have the right to answer ? I don't see anything childish here.

These people (Zimmer included) are far too confident and full of themselves. They protect each other using low blows, insults and censorship, and it should be up to me to shut up ?

No my friend, I will not let that pass and I'm not asking anyone to follow me.

User avatar
FriFlo
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2018 16:33

Re: Why Did Headshot Get Banned ?

Post by FriFlo » Thu 26 Apr 2018 18:21

Headshot wrote:
Thu 26 Apr 2018 15:28
FriFlo wrote:
Thu 26 Apr 2018 15:04
Certainly! But writing him that you will talk bad about him sometimes soon - that seems a bit childish to me!
I informed him that I'm going to say unpleasant things, not bad things.

I was insulted and even defamed, do I have the right to answer ? I don't see anything childish here.

These people (Zimmer included) are far too confident and full of themselves. They protect each other using low blows, insults and censorship, and it should be up to me to shut up ?

No my friend, I will not let that pass and I'm not asking anyone to follow me.
Alright! Everybody must know for himself what an appropriate reaction is. Personally, I would have fantasies like having revenge, but then I would realize it is not worth it to follow through, as revenge could lead to counter revenge, which could lead to ... good luck with whatever you are up to. I will still hang out here and see, if this place can become the best to hang out and talk about music. :-)
Regarding the forum: I would appreciate, if you could tell us, why certain sections are password protected and what to expect in the future ... are you just preparing some stuff there? Or is this only free for selected members? Ay you can see, I don't like that kind of fuss created by 'premium sections' of 'VIP members'. Maybe it is not about that at all, that is why some words on that would be very welcome!

User avatar
Headshot
The Impartial
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun 1 Oct 2017 23:23

Re: Why Did Headshot Get Banned ?

Post by Headshot » Thu 26 Apr 2018 19:27

FriFlo wrote:
Thu 26 Apr 2018 18:21
but then I would realize it is not worth it to follow through, as revenge could lead to counter revenge, which could lead to...
Right of reply is a far more appropriate notion than revenge.

I remind you that I could not answer because of my banishment and that I had already announced the creation of this forum last year. So, there is nothing new in my approach, it just took longer than expected.

I will not insult these people like a crazy fool but I will show them where and why they acted wrongly and unfairly.

And they will of course be allowed to reply here.

So, even though I'm still really pissed off, this is a civilized action.
FriFlo wrote:
Thu 26 Apr 2018 18:21
I don't like that kind of fuss created by 'premium sections' of 'VIP members'. Maybe it is not about that at all, that is why some words on that would be very welcome!
Yes, I have not talked about that yet, the forum is still under construction. There is no "VIP Members" : members only = people who have registered

There are some things I don't want to share with those who consider me the devil's son.

In the Trash Compactor we will share mixing and virtual instruments tests, tips and tricks.

Send me a pm to get the password.

The sections Headshot's Template and Banned for Blasphemy are not ready yet.

Feel free to provide any of your ideas concerning the forum sections.

User avatar
Headshot
The Impartial
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun 1 Oct 2017 23:23

Re: Why Did Headshot Get Banned ?

Post by Headshot » Fri 27 Apr 2018 17:57

Image


hahahahaha

Thank you for the perfect answer DarkestShadow.


Ghandizilla, concerning megalomania, and verbal diarrhea, I'm sure you can find very serious cases on VI-C...

But indeed, "we don't care !" is exactly what they are going to say when I will shove the truth in their moronic faces.

They all whined like crazy bitches, making a mountain out of a molehill, and now they don't care ?

Very interesting.

And I don't understand the connection between holding an opinion and feeling a lot more important than one really is...

Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but VI-C is undoubtedly the greatest concentration of morons I've ever seen.

User avatar
Kyle Judkins
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2018 02:53

Re: Why Did Headshot Get Banned ?

Post by Kyle Judkins » Sat 28 Apr 2018 02:28

so that question about him orchestrating it was important enough to amass a pitchfork mob to slander and exile sam when he said it...

but now it's not important enough to type a few characters into a box to access a forum?

What makes that guy think his time is that important? If he's so insignificant - why waste the time letting anyone know you didn't answer the question? for fucks sake - you spent 10x more time writing a post about NOT registering than it would have taken to register.

it's like writing a novel about why you shouldn't have to write a short story for your english assignment... fucking backwards, petty, and looking for attention.

news flash, I'm a nobody - nobody cares if Kyle Judkins does or doesn't sign up to a forum... I felt like i needed to piss earlier but i decided not to, and lo and behold - I didn't feel the need to fucking post about it to let the world know that I decided to hold it for a little. But thanks for letting us know ohh great one... the one and only ghandizilla - for quelling my fears that you had signed up... I'm so glad you let everyone know you're safe, we can all sleep well tonight. I was literally on the edge of my seat.

For someone who lectures people on being self important - you'd think he'd realize that ironically, nobody cares - that he doesnt care.

User avatar
Headshot
The Impartial
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun 1 Oct 2017 23:23

Re: Why Did Headshot Get Banned ?

Post by Headshot » Sat 28 Apr 2018 07:38

He just tried to raise some offended reactions so that they can have another thorough discussion on how much love is better than hate.

I have no respect for people who stand on the side of the "powerful" to denigrate someone who is precisely insignificant.

If I had been Hans Zimmer, these idiots would be on my side calling Rctec names.

They don't care about logic and truth, they only follow the shiny light :

Image

User avatar
Headshot
The Impartial
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun 1 Oct 2017 23:23

Re: Why Did Headshot Get Banned ?

Post by Headshot » Mon 30 Apr 2018 13:41

Let's see if they will delete this :

Image


Image

User avatar
Kyle Judkins
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2018 02:53

Re: Why Did Headshot Get Banned ?

Post by Kyle Judkins » Wed 2 May 2018 04:54

*hans flies away with his villan cackle*

you wont catch me this time samy!


I think the entire issue with outsiders being so bothered by this, is that they've been coddled from reality... Hans is a grown man, and unlike all of these gentle souls that occupy the forums - I don't doubt for a second he's not clawed his way stepping on anyone he had to, in order to get where he is...

the fact that others are made uncomfortable simply because he's being confronted is how demasculated our society has become... to the point that its uncomfortable to even be on the OUTSIDE of confrontation... HZ is in the lime light, he's going to be a target for criticisms - comes with the massive paychecks and opportunities. He's not fragile... and he certainly doesn't coat his language with fragility in mind. This constant infantalization of others has gotten so out of hand...

I still think back at the fact that someone said they were afraid of disagreeing with me on a damn forum... How did we let adults become so fragile?????? If they are worried about counter opinions on an internet forum - what are the chances they will be able to handle actual oppression? Dark times ahead... I know mike is aware of how much HZ is worth to the forum, but atleast give hans the benefit of the doubt that he's not thin skinned. He's not going to cry himself to sleep because he got a meany PM... He risks flipping the table completely in the process.

The idea of the dramazone itself seems to be a bit of a joke - and if people don't feel like there is any justice on the forum, that they are being silenced - they WILL find another way(I'm sure everyone here remembers the history behind all of these forums).

I mean every one of these forums exists because of the silencing of certain voices/ideas - wether it's ViC, soundsonline, soundboard, redbanned - and quite literally this website.

if you want to shield others from the argument - request that it be taken to PMs.... if someone doesnt want to be harassed in a PM, the block button is like 1 click away... HZ isn't an idiot... if he doesn't want to answer to a "peasant" he can block them. And chucking anything controversial into a sinbin is literally a scenario that fosters more of the cliquey mob rule shit that ViC is infested with in the first place... either have the RIGHT opinion, or you'll be scuffled out of sight and gaslighted. People want their ideas and discussions to be heard, hence they joined a discussion board - and if they can't use the forum in that manner, they WILL jump ship - costing more members than rctec.


Kinda silly because I respect a lot of people involved, and largely see a few strong willed people who simply refuse to back down. That's fine, I'm one of them often - and I respect it, and I'm sad when I'm on the other side of it. Verta is a prime example... I like the guy, but its so easy for me and him to butt heads on something - and since neither one of us is ever going to back down, it just spins the wheels and it can effect our future interactions(although I'd always hope it wont). Ive never had an interaction with HZ - but I'm pretty sure we could get into a deadlock about pizza toppings. In this case, I do not expect HZ to ever give samy ground on this... he'll never admit to anything - it'll just be a pissing contest... but I can respect samy's pursuit of accountability regardless. It might seem like an insignificant squabble to outsiders, but from Samy's viewpoint - his entire framework for reality is under the presumption that justice exists, that fair is fair... and if you've been playing the game your whole life assuming that rules are the rules - and suddenly theres a glitch, and nobody seems to notice it(or willingly looks away) then it's earth shattering, as if the foundation for your house was built on sand suddenly...

largely why I got nasty on ViC so quick was blatant injustice and favoritism... because I had been modeled the behavior early on - that there is no rules, others will go out of their way to insult you - and belittle your credentials/attack your credibility. So why in the hell should I bother playing by the ToC instead of fighting fire with fire? If I were on ViC right now, I'd assume it's okay to just call people twats because HZ said it. Either play by the rules and lose, or break the rules fairly. Then when there's a huge class of ideas - it's no longer the village cruxifying one person, but teams getting nasty towards each other - in which there is no moderation action to just "ban everyone involved" so you've got a huge issue, because you didn't bother enforcing the rules evenly in the first place.

User avatar
Headshot
The Impartial
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun 1 Oct 2017 23:23

Re: Why Did Headshot Get Banned ?

Post by Headshot » Wed 2 May 2018 10:02

Kyle Judkins wrote:
Wed 2 May 2018 04:54
the fact that others are made uncomfortable simply because he's being confronted is how demasculated our society has become...
Exactly

"Intellectual virility" is amalgamated with hatred and arrogance, there is no room for contradiction and opposition.
Claiming the right to hold an opinion is defined as narcissistic.
"Who are you to contradict a world-class composer ?!"

Do we have to score a blockbuster to be allowed to think, you idiots ?

Most people are completely blinded by the light of success.
Kyle Judkins wrote:
Wed 2 May 2018 04:54
This constant infantalization of others has gotten so out of hand...
Pure madness...but he likes and needs to be protected that way.

Post Reply