WARNING - STOP THE FALSEHOOD

Pariahs Zone
User avatar
DarkestShadow
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat 21 Apr 2018 15:06

Re: WARNING - STOP THE FALSEHOOD

Post by DarkestShadow » Fri 11 May 2018 17:13

Headshot wrote:
Fri 11 May 2018 16:44
DarkestShadow wrote:
Fri 11 May 2018 16:32
Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, The Last Samurai, Interstellar and The Holiday (yes indeed!) being on top. ATM.
I really like the Last Samurai, not sure who did what, maybe I should investigate this.

Anyway, maybe you will find this interesting : viewtopic.php?f=32&t=130
Interesting is interesting... will be checking when I'm finally done with that darn track I'm stuck with.

Haha - why shouldn't he have done The Last Samurai? It's not all that complex in regards to classical orchestration and - oh, the orchestration also isn't very classical. Way to many cellos and I believe no violas.
At least regarding the melodies there isn't a obvious reason why they shouldn't be from him...

User avatar
DarkestShadow
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat 21 Apr 2018 15:06

Re: WARNING - STOP THE FALSEHOOD

Post by DarkestShadow » Fri 11 May 2018 17:13

Headshot wrote:
Fri 11 May 2018 16:44
DarkestShadow wrote:
Fri 11 May 2018 16:32
Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, The Last Samurai, Interstellar and The Holiday (yes indeed!) being on top. ATM.
I really like the Last Samurai, not sure who did what, maybe I should investigate this.

Anyway, maybe you will find this interesting : viewtopic.php?f=32&t=130
Interesting is interesting... will be checking when I'm finally done with that darn track I'm stuck with.

Haha - why shouldn't he have done The Last Samurai? It's not all that complex in regards to classical orchestration and - oh, the orchestration also isn't very classical. Way to many cellos and I believe no violas.
At least regarding the melodies there isn't a obvious reason why they shouldn't be from him...

User avatar
FriFlo
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2018 16:33

Re: WARNING - STOP THE FALSEHOOD

Post by FriFlo » Fri 11 May 2018 20:23

DarkestShadow wrote:
Fri 11 May 2018 17:09
FriFlo wrote:
Fri 11 May 2018 16:45
DarkestShadow wrote:
Fri 11 May 2018 15:31
Do I think I am more valuable to the forum... wait - than who? Who else was all banned? Didn't entirely follow that. But I believe from those I know of I had the most posts. I also very often posted links to new demos, reviews etc of sample libraries when no one else did.
Maybe that?
Also note that he also might invite back some others - will probably depend on how it even came to the ban, how much of a problem he has with what they wrote on Vi and/or here... and how likely it seems they will bring up the topic again in general Vi discourse.
Oh, ok! Now you even write what Mike wants to hear in this forum. Fair enough! - What?! - Ok! That is just your opinion, whatever ... no, you actually do believe you are more "deserving" of getting your account back. Because of what? Because you posted links to reviews? Alright! :-D
You simplify a bit. Except from you I was I believe in general the most active member and yes - sure helpfulness of posts was considered. And it's certainly helpful to have a bunch of demos and reviews in several threads without having to search.
I also addressed his main concern - about bringing up the things again in general Vi discourse.
As I said - other than that it can't really have a goal that he brings me back because I won't change my opinions because of that...
Bravo, Lionel! Good Job! Mike is proud of you! ;-)

User avatar
Kyle Judkins
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2018 02:53

Re: WARNING - STOP THE FALSEHOOD

Post by Kyle Judkins » Sat 12 May 2018 01:03

I haven't listened to the peace, but let's not go overboard assuming on Zimmer has not done anything of his own

User avatar
DarkestShadow
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat 21 Apr 2018 15:06

Re: WARNING - STOP THE FALSEHOOD

Post by DarkestShadow » Sat 12 May 2018 08:35

FriFlo wrote:
Fri 11 May 2018 20:23
Bravo, Lionel! Good Job! Mike is proud of you! ;-)
I guess not everyone here is willing to argue with arguments after all... well, thats life, I guess...

User avatar
FriFlo
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2018 16:33

Re: WARNING - STOP THE FALSEHOOD

Post by FriFlo » Sat 12 May 2018 11:45

DarkestShadow wrote:
Sat 12 May 2018 08:35
FriFlo wrote:
Fri 11 May 2018 20:23
Bravo, Lionel! Good Job! Mike is proud of you! ;-)
I guess not everyone here is willing to argue with arguments after all... well, thats life, I guess...
I have brought you all the arguments already, but you were unable to process them, as it seems. That is why I am telling you in a satirical way, that you seem to be full of yourself and with your reaction regarding why others might deserve a ban, you are nothing but Mikes bitch. After all you have seen, you shouldn’t just assume we are all probably bad people who have deserved to be banned. I tell you, someone with a little more character would have acted differently. Is that enough arguments to you? Ok! Bye!

User avatar
DarkestShadow
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat 21 Apr 2018 15:06

Re: WARNING - STOP THE FALSEHOOD

Post by DarkestShadow » Sat 12 May 2018 13:00

FriFlo wrote:
Sat 12 May 2018 11:45
why others might deserve a ban
Where was I talking about anyone deserving to be banned? It was about why Mike would reinstate me in particular.
And there isn't really any other reason besides activity that isn't very unspecific (conspiratorial) or false.
It doesn't really change any of my opinions so... whats Mike's grand plan?
Haha, if anyone is being controlled and made divisive that this is you - as I'm calmly arguing while you are calling me "Mikes Bitch" and asking rather franticly WHAZ WRONG WITH ME!?

User avatar
Headshot
The Impartial
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun 1 Oct 2017 23:23

Re: WARNING - STOP THE FALSEHOOD

Post by Headshot » Sat 12 May 2018 13:48

What FriFlo meant, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that by accepting Mike's cookie, you indirectly validated the banishment of other members (Mathieu, FriFlo and Suck my braaam).
He would have preferred that you refuse this cookie as a matter of principle, after everything that's happened : double standard, bad moderation, covered by magical incantations : "there is no double standard and no censorship on VIC !!!!!"

I don't consider you Mike's bitch, but that cookie was indeed tricky (as tricky as the way Mike presents that matter and the way he denied everything)


Image

User avatar
DarkestShadow
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat 21 Apr 2018 15:06

Re: WARNING - STOP THE FALSEHOOD

Post by DarkestShadow » Sat 12 May 2018 15:54

I don't have a problem with Vi in general - just this particular issue...
Whether I go back or not also wouldn't have changed the situation a single bit I think. I'm not a friend of these principles that don't directly and really lead to anything.
I'm gonna have the cookie :) Even though I'm not sure it is a cookie... can't smell hidden intentions - useless "trick" because my opinions have not changed. Why should they?...

User avatar
FriFlo
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2018 16:33

Re: WARNING - STOP THE FALSEHOOD

Post by FriFlo » Sat 12 May 2018 17:14

DarkestShadow wrote:
Sat 12 May 2018 15:54
I don't have a problem with Vi in general - just this particular issue...
Whether I go back or not also wouldn't have changed the situation a single bit I think. I'm not a friend of these principles that don't directly and really lead to anything.
I'm gonna have the cookie :) Even though I'm not sure it is a cookie... can't smell hidden intentions - useless "trick" because my opinions have not changed. Why should they?...
1) It is not about calm or not - no one can hear you when you write. It is about WHAT you say!
2) I never said that you are "turned" or your intentions changed. I just criticize your lack of thinking regarding this matter.
3) I asked you a rhetorical question - why do you think you are better and more deserving of getting your ban removed, as Mike suggested, you are the one person who he had a bad feeling about with the ban. How should one answer a rhetorical question like that? You answered it with "well maybe I am a more valuable member, because I did share some reviews from YouTube!" And you really don't get, why I call you Mikes bitch? You clearly deserved it here! I did not expect anything heroic from you like refusing to come back ... just some spine and honesty regarding that question!
4) If you say, you clearly have NO problem with Vi-Control besides what happened to Samy, you seriously do not get what is happening here.

User avatar
Headshot
The Impartial
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun 1 Oct 2017 23:23

Re: WARNING - STOP THE FALSEHOOD

Post by Headshot » Sat 12 May 2018 17:41

DarkestShadow wrote:
Sat 12 May 2018 15:54
... can't smell hidden intentions - useless "trick" because my opinions have not changed.
it was not about changing your opinion.

The cookie Mike offered you implied that the other bans were fair and legitimate, while no one has broken any rules.

That cookie only aimed to projectan illusion of fairness.

False empathy, moral high ground, hypocrisy, denial etc one can't fool me with that kind of trick. It only works on the weak minded.
DarkestShadow wrote:
Sat 12 May 2018 15:54
I don't have a problem with Vi in general - just this particular issue...
I think my drama revealed a major and serious issue concerning the very heart of VIC (members and moderation, past and present).

Everyone can deny what happened by using smileys and beautiful words about freedom of expression, but deep down everyone knows what they are allowed to say, everyone knows who is THE MASTER.

It's nothing else than a TOTAL SUBMISSION which should be considered unacceptable.

User avatar
DarkestShadow
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat 21 Apr 2018 15:06

Re: WARNING - STOP THE FALSEHOOD

Post by DarkestShadow » Sat 12 May 2018 19:50

FriFlo wrote:
Sat 12 May 2018 17:14
DarkestShadow wrote:
Sat 12 May 2018 15:54
I don't have a problem with Vi in general - just this particular issue...
Whether I go back or not also wouldn't have changed the situation a single bit I think. I'm not a friend of these principles that don't directly and really lead to anything.
I'm gonna have the cookie :) Even though I'm not sure it is a cookie... can't smell hidden intentions - useless "trick" because my opinions have not changed. Why should they?...
1) It is not about calm or not - no one can hear you when you write. It is about WHAT you say! *
2) I never said that you are "turned" or your intentions changed. I just criticize your lack of thinking regarding this matter.
3) I asked you a rhetorical question - why do you think you are better and more deserving of getting your ban removed, as Mike suggested, you are the one person who he had a bad feeling about with the ban. How should one answer a rhetorical question like that? You answered it with "well maybe I am a more valuable member, because I did share some reviews from YouTube!" And you really don't get, why I call you Mikes bitch? You clearly deserved it here! I did not expect anything heroic from you like refusing to come back ... just some spine and honesty regarding that question!
4) If you say, you clearly have NO problem with Vi-Control besides what happened to Samy, you seriously do not get what is happening here.
1) But "WHAT I WRONG WITH YOU!",... "MIKE BITCH" is more frantic and divisive than everything I have been writing.
2) Right back at ya :)
3) No I don't get it. Mike's Bitch would agree with everything he said and serve him under any circumstance. And I am very critical towards a lot of things he said and did in the last time - but also don't suspect a grand plan or hidden intentions behind everything he does.
Btw: you are still simplifying. It's not whether or not I think I am a more valuable member but why Mike could think that - what it might be... notice the careful wording.
I also say that he could be more willing to have me back because I was one of the most active members, yes - posted a substantial amount of demos and reviews when due and made it clear that I'm not intending to cook up the present issues in general Vi discourse...
At least we should allow for more possibilities than unspecific and not-working plans he might be cooking...
4) People often say "you just don't get it" without further elaboration if they don't really know what to say...

User avatar
DarkestShadow
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat 21 Apr 2018 15:06

Re: WARNING - STOP THE FALSEHOOD

Post by DarkestShadow » Sat 12 May 2018 19:59

Headshot wrote:
Sat 12 May 2018 17:41
DarkestShadow wrote:
Sat 12 May 2018 15:54
... can't smell hidden intentions - useless "trick" because my opinions have not changed.
it was not about changing your opinion.

The cookie Mike offered you implied that the other bans were fair and legitimate, while no one has broken any rules.

That cookie only aimed to projectan illusion of fairness.

False empathy, moral high ground, hypocrisy, denial etc one can't fool me with that kind of trick. It only works on the weak minded.
DarkestShadow wrote:
Sat 12 May 2018 15:54
I don't have a problem with Vi in general - just this particular issue...
I think my drama revealed a major and serious issue concerning the very heart of VIC (members and moderation, past and present).

Everyone can deny what happened by using smileys and beautiful words about freedom of expression, but deep down everyone knows what they are allowed to say, everyone knows who is THE MASTER.

It's nothing else than a TOTAL SUBMISSION which should be considered unacceptable.
My reinstatement didn't really imply to me that the other bans were justified...
I mean - he thinks they are ALL justified anyway and says that so he isn't really trying some nebulous way of brining that across in my view...

I'm also not sure if this problem of overreaction and hypocrisy is a Vi-Control issue. It probably can be an issue everywhere, and it just happened to cook up at Vi control...
A lot of people suck a lot of times, not just on Vi-Control haha...
For me it is mot of the time normal harmless samples/tech/music discourse with occasional emotional spikes. Generally those conditions we are concerned here only peak from time to time, for example regarding our current issue. Normally it's rather normal over there. That's what I mean.
Also the moderation double standards etc are generally only coming out in rare situations like this.
That's what I mean - we generally just don't see it because generally it's just harmless discussion about whether dry samples suck or not and so forth....

User avatar
Kyle Judkins
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2018 02:53

Re: WARNING - STOP THE FALSEHOOD

Post by Kyle Judkins » Sun 13 May 2018 00:29

Well, I don't care if anyone wants to post there... I just don't see the point, you'll keep having conversations that don't matter because they are clouded by fear

It's definitely a quantity over quality... at this point it just feels like people's opinions don't matter there anymore because you don't know if they actually have them or if they were just playing it safe

User avatar
Headshot
The Impartial
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun 1 Oct 2017 23:23

Re: WARNING - STOP THE FALSEHOOD

Post by Headshot » Sun 13 May 2018 00:47

DarkestShadow wrote:
Sat 12 May 2018 19:59
I'm also not sure if this problem of overreaction and hypocrisy is a Vi-Control issue. It probably can be an issue everywhere, and it just happened to cook up at Vi control...
A lot of people suck a lot of times, not just on Vi-Control haha...
Oh yes, but just because it is a widespread issue doesn't mean we should ignore it, or accept and support it, even indirectly in a passive way.

That's precisely because everyone closes their eyes that the world doesn't change ("it's not important, who cares ?, that's a widespread issue" etc)

The small injustices violate the same principles as the big ones, that's why everything is important.

Who can steal an egg, can steal a ox.

Post Reply