Why did DarkestShadow get banned?

Pariahs Zone
FriFlo

Re: Why did DarkestShadow get banned?

Post by FriFlo » Fri 5 Oct 2018 22:33

To be clear about this: I suggested to make (parts of) the forum not public and throw out MG simply for the sake of people being able to talk freely here and still not be worried about him reading stuff here and banning them based on that on VIC. Maybe it would even help with more members joining ...

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » Fri 5 Oct 2018 23:00

Just take a look at this fascinating little gem of a thread on TSB:
https://thesoundboard.net/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3168
I would not wanna miss a thread like that! If some member or even a moderator would behave in any way hypocritical, I would still like to be part of that forum. So, VIC is good for trash talk and some technical aspects. That does not mean I value VIC nearly as much as TSB, but I might still visit both places. One is McDonalds and I kind of feel bad for visiting and try to keep it to a minimum. The other is an exquisite restaurant for people with good taste and some mental capabilities. I guess this place must find its place in the same way, as any forum without a certain amount of members is doomed to vanish over some time. I am not telling you to close it, I just wonder where you see it going!?

sherlock

Post by sherlock » Fri 5 Oct 2018 23:42

FriFlo wrote:
Fri 5 Oct 2018 22:33
To be clear about this: I suggested to make (parts of) the forum not public and throw out MG simply for the sake of people being able to talk freely here and still not be worried about him reading stuff here and banning them based on that on VIC. Maybe it would even help with more members joining ...
And what would stop MG joining under another alias? People should be free to air their views precisely so MG should know what is wrong with him and his shitty attitude. I think this forum will grow over time. It will be slow growth though since, as you mentioned, other forums already exist. It's different to when those other forums started since there was a gap for them to fill. The exclusive nature of TSB is what is stopping that forum from growing as it doesn't even appear in Google searches.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Sat 6 Oct 2018 00:04

Remember FriFlo : context is important.

Mike was not only hypocritical, he also insulted many of us by creating a false narrative about our motivations
making us look like fools and jealous people just to protect his personal interests.

Visiting VIC is one thing, but participating and saying : "thank you Mike for your forgiveness" is quite another (sorry Raphael to mention this again).

That's what I don't understand, not the fact that you or other people are always visiting VIC (I really don't care).

I don't think my personal standard are too high : I will not forgive* someone who censored and insulted me with his double standard and his false narrative...unless he apologizes first.

* and I will not particpate in his forum → this is simply common sense.

FriFlo wrote:
Fri 5 Oct 2018 23:00
I am not telling you to close it, I just wonder where you see it going!?
hahaha nowhere !

I created this forum to express myself freely and to share my thoughts.

I'm glad if some people enjoy it, but its success is not really important to me.

Anyway, I will not close it and I still have things to say about music and film scoring.

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » Sat 6 Oct 2018 14:02

sherlock wrote:
Fri 5 Oct 2018 23:42
And what would stop MG joining under another alias? People should be free to air their views precisely so MG should know what is wrong with him and his shitty attitude. I think this forum will grow over time. It will be slow growth though since, as you mentioned, other forums already exist. It's different to when those other forums started since there was a gap for them to fill. The exclusive nature of TSB is what is stopping that forum from growing as it doesn't even appear in Google searches.
True! But unless the number of members won't jump way higher than 70 folks (pretty much unchanged for the last few months as far as I remember ...), it should not be to hard to control, who is a person with true interest in the off-mainstream mentality here or who is just a snitch! :)

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » Sat 6 Oct 2018 15:05

@headshot: If all you want from this forum is being able to talk freely - ok! I thought you wanted it to grow. Yes, I agree that an apology by Raphael was not necessary, as he has nothing to apologize for. Sometimes people just apologize as a gesture of their good will and to make peace with someone. MG also apologized for not doing everything right. Once people are able to apologize for something even when the other person did something wrong, great things can happen - like forcing the other person to reconsider some things. Well, I guess we don’t disagree all that much. I just wouldn’t want to take it all that serious. :-) I have strong opinions and standards, but I sometimes catch myself realizing that it is sometimes wiser not to be to loud at all times about your opinions. I think there are times for both attitudes.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Sat 6 Oct 2018 17:53

I checked VIC because of Suck My BRAAAM's recent post.
Otherwise - as long as no one is lying about what happened - it's ancient history : I DON'T GIVE A SHIT

I keep these topics online just in case some people lose their memory.
You know, I am very concerned about the memory of others.
FriFlo wrote:
Sat 6 Oct 2018 15:05
@headshot: If all you want from this forum is being able to talk freely - ok! I thought you wanted it to grow.
I would be glad to see the forum grow but it's not my priority.

Speaking of it, feel free to participate in the other sections. For example, some people ask for feedback , I'm sure you could be helpful !