Mike Greene Last BS

Pariahs Zone
sherlock

Re: Mike Greene Last BS

Post by sherlock » Sun 3 Jun 2018 03:49

Headshot wrote:
Sun 3 Jun 2018 01:36
He has already warned Farkle (who never participated in any discussion involving Mike Greene or criticizing VIC in general) :
Mike Greene wrote:
Thu 31 May 2018 23:44
You, Lionel, Sazema, Farkle and whoever else I find as I scan posts here, I advise you to spend your last few hours on VI-Control reading the last few posts in the “Another Headshot Video” thread.
The situation regarding Farkle is especially telling since, as you say, he never posted here about Mike Greene or VI-C. But he did post here regarding whether Hans Zimmer entirely wrote The Final Game. It's interesting that Mike would be pissed off about this.

I can't see that Farkle has ever posted anything remotely related to any of this over at VI-C. Not a great way for Mike Greene to treat someone like Farkle, who has been a member of VI-C for 10 years, and threaten banishment because he participated in a HZ thread over here.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Sun 3 Jun 2018 05:28

sherlock wrote:
Sun 3 Jun 2018 03:49
I can't see that Farkle has ever posted anything remotely related to any of this over at VI-C. Not a great way for Mike Greene to treat someone like Farkle, who has been a member of VI-C for 10 years, and threaten banishment because he participated in a HZ thread over here.
I hope he will not be intimidated by Kim Jong-greene.

Farkle

Post by Farkle » Sun 3 Jun 2018 11:00

Headshot wrote:
Sun 3 Jun 2018 05:28
sherlock wrote:
Sun 3 Jun 2018 03:49
I hope he will not be intimidated by Kim Jong-greene.

Hello, gentlemen!

I just caught up to this; just to bring you up to speed, I had a nice PM exchange with Mike over at VIC, earlier this week, clearing all the above stuff up. I'm not being banned from VIC in any way. Just needed to do some communication to straighten out some stuff, which happened easily and gracefully.

In general, I try to be very sure of my point, or my post, before I post on the internet. I learned that lesson the hard way, way back in another lifetime, when I was running a startup video game studio. :P Hence the reason, I post somewhat infrequently. Plus, I'm not sure that what I have to say has a lot of good value! :)

I am already enjoying immensely the quality of music appreciation I've been exposed to here. From the Requiem thread, to some new Shostakovich music I hadn't heard, to Oliver Calumel's exceptional pieces... this is a real musical treat for me, and I thank you gents for it. I look forward to hearing more great music, and to post my mockups for compositional and production advice (I'm picking at my new tempate this week). :)

Not trying to derail this thread, I just wanted to give an update as to my status here, and at VIC. And also, to thank you gentlemen for some great opportunities to stretch my musical taste, and increase the quality of my music.

Be well! Talk soon!

Mike

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Sun 3 Jun 2018 13:38

Thanks for the kind words.

Raph

Post by Raph » Sun 3 Jun 2018 13:44

That's very kind of you Mike.

Also, thanks for the clarifications concerning your VI-C status: we didn't know!

I discovered your YT channel and find the concept of "Farkle friday" awesome. So I take the opportunity to share and recommend.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Sun 3 Jun 2018 15:04

raphael.badawi wrote:
Sun 3 Jun 2018 13:44
I discovered your YT channel
Interesting.
I just watched some excerpts and it was like Verta without megalomania.

Farkle

Post by Farkle » Sun 3 Jun 2018 15:50

Headshot wrote:
Sun 3 Jun 2018 15:04
raphael.badawi wrote:
Sun 3 Jun 2018 13:44
I discovered your YT channel
Interesting.
I just watched some excerpts and it was like Verta without megalomania.
heheh, thank you for the kind words!! I definitely cant afford any ego, too many people out there that blow me away with craft and inspiration. Ravel, Copland, and Stravinsky keep me humble. 😀

I'm glad that my ramblings have some entertainment and value. merci, beaucoup!

mike

Raph

Post by Raph » Mon 4 Jun 2018 13:59

The live transcription videos are useful: I know people who are afraid of transcribing, and it can totally decomplexe/reassure them so they're aware it's not that hard and they can jump right into it.

For my part, I've been reassured (watching your video about themes) I'm not the only one doing hell a lot of notepad files to note all the workflow, tools and techniques-related things I would'nt want to forget. When my girlfriend sees all my .txt files, she looks at me like a crazy person. Maybe it's totally fucked-up. But at least, it's useful :-)

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Mon 4 Jun 2018 14:34

raphael.badawi wrote:
Mon 4 Jun 2018 13:59
For my part, I've been reassured (watching your video about themes) I'm not the only one doing hell a lot of notepad files to note all the workflow, tools and techniques-related things I would'nt want to forget. When my girlfriend sees all my .txt files, she looks at me like a crazy person.
Don't worry, I opened a random folder on my desktop and here is how it looks :

DarkestShadow

Post by DarkestShadow » Sun 10 Jun 2018 21:33

Not related to our particular Mike Green Vi Control issue
but apparently negative/critical comments are towards developers are, despite Mike's claim also problematic... very interesting. At least when they are considered "bickering", by what ever definition that is...
https://vi-control.net/community/thread ... st-4242177

Furthermore, from a post by Daniel James (openly)
https://www.facebook.com/H2DJames/posts ... ment_reply

Not sure what's wrong with MG these days... I haven't gone in great depth with thread but what Daniel wrote didn't sound defamatory or overtly hostile, even though I'd say I don't really agree with it overall.

DarkestShadow

Post by DarkestShadow » Sun 10 Jun 2018 21:41

To clarify: He hasn't been banned, but said he received a message that said he can't talk about Spitfire again - positively or negatively...

Audioholic

Post by Audioholic » Sun 10 Jun 2018 22:01

Wow...that dude is slowly losing it. Samy may have broke him, lol. What’s the point of having a drama zone if it’s the most heavily moderated thread on the whole site. Sort of hilarious.

Edit: meant “most heavily moderated subforum” not thread.
Last edited by Audioholic on Sun 10 Jun 2018 22:55, edited 1 time in total.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Sun 10 Jun 2018 22:23

The guy plays the victim...

I just posted that comment and another with the link to Modernity Sucks and then...it seems that the page is no longer accessible to public...EDIT : he blocked me

Another coward who dares to complain about censorship.

DarkestShadow wrote:
Sun 10 Jun 2018 21:33
Not sure what's wrong with MG these days...

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Mon 11 Jun 2018 06:04

I'm amazed to see how many people are concerned about DJ's censorship, the way they talk about freedom of expression etc.
While I'm pretty sure many of them didn't react OR would not have reacted concerning a League of Their Own's case.

https://vi-control.net/community/thread ... mes.72379/

sherlock

Post by sherlock » Mon 11 Jun 2018 06:12

It will be interesting to see if Mike Greene bans DJ for continuing to talk about Spitfire outside of VI-C. DJ sounds like a "fun person" btw....