Hans The Generous Man

Pariahs Zone
User avatar
Headshot
The Impartial
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun 1 Oct 2017 23:23

Re: Hans The Generous Man

Post by Headshot » Mon 21 May 2018 02:04

DarkestShadow wrote:
Sun 20 May 2018 18:38
+ If you apologize only after a big amount of people told you you are wrong, then this could also simply mean that you have been inspired to rethink your behavior/words.
In that sense you would honestly apologize after having been inspired to introspection by the mass, while you otherwise would've just moved on.
Following social pressure doesn't necessarily mean it's all about image. Backlash can cause introspection and thus provoke a genuine apology.
It's true but this is a generalization that obviously don't apply here : how many years do you think it will take for him to understand that there is something wrong ? Don't you think he already knows what he did ?

I talked privately with him during 20 days...the result ? He taunted me publicly.
Isn't it a considerable clue about his personality ?

When you want to analyze a situation or someone's personality, you have to connect things together.
Analyzing each point separately by trying to find excuses for everything is misleading (as you did with the Discombobulate's case) because then, you have no overall vision and you miss the complete picture.

I'm sorry to say that because I don't want to offend you, but stating that Lorne seemed uncomfortable maybe because it was cold is as stupid as to think that Hans maybe needs a social pressure to realize what he did.

The social pressure could only lead him to apologize for preserving his public image and not because he feel guilty.
Indeed, the situation is far too simple to consider even one second that he would not be aware of his mistakes.

Concerning Hans's personality :

Every note was transcribed verbatim for the playersBULLSHIT
It was one of the easiest things I have ever doneBULLSHIT
are you calling me a liar ?!? → ARROGANT REACTION which shows an inability to bear contradiction
you might just have the respect and decency to rethink this → ARROGANT REQUEST → MAN FULL OF HIMSELF
It went for months (...) asking for proof of my abilitiesBULLSHIT
Bring Popcorn → UNFAIR TAUNT
Don't listen to that idiot → UNFAIR INSULT FOLLOWED BY BULLSHIT
you rude twat → UNFAIR INSULT which shows an inability to bear criticism

This reactions were endorsed and applauded by the forum (except the second which was private).

I don't need more to draw a conclusion : these statements could only be held by a susceptible and "tyrannical" person who does not hesitate to alter the truth to his advantage. And thousand apologies will not change anything : a man who beats his wife and apologizes after, is always a violent man.

My outrageous statement :

If Hans Zimmer has entirely written/orchestrated this piece, I'm the king of the unviverseTRUE

Demonization→insults→ban


After that, you want me to believe that VIC is a fair place ? and that Hans is a selfless and fair man ?
Maybe he is privately with his friends and family, but not on VIC.

This forum is filled with unfair brainless sheep lead by a shepherd who fits them perfectly.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=182

As Suck My BRAAAM said : Hans is just there for ego boost (which doesn't mean he has not tried to give advice).

And the fact that several members have to explain this for hours isn't normal → ZIMMERMANIA

User avatar
sherlock
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri 18 May 2018 13:20

Re: Prick

Post by sherlock » Mon 21 May 2018 14:03

DarkestShadow wrote:
Sun 20 May 2018 19:34
Is prick in the same league as twat?
I think so... and no-one objected. :) Well, well...
Image

Random finding while reading through the HZ strings debate thread. https://vi-control.net/community/thread ... 374/page-6
Could probably find much more if I'd try.
[...]
Ah, yea - I didn't find this to be bullying. Especially since "twat" isn't really such a serious insult. More a bit of a more childish, tongue in cheek blow...
I found the situation somewhat surreal and funny.
Why are you asking any of us here? You should be asking MG over at VI-C.
double standard.png
double standard.png (80.5 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
Last edited by sherlock on Mon 21 May 2018 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sherlock
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri 18 May 2018 13:20

Re: Hans The Generous Man

Post by sherlock » Mon 21 May 2018 14:15

DarkestShadow wrote:
Sun 20 May 2018 19:59
And intimidation based on that would unreasonable. Mr sazema isn't even around with his real name and I don't consider being called a childish insult by HZ in a specific situation on a forum is anything really threatening.
Noone you'll work with in the future will know about that and even if...? They're probably gonna gave a chuckle over this odd situation, shake their heads and move on.
That's good you feel that way, not sure if Sazema shares the sentiment. He's gone from posting frequently to not posting at all since that episode.
sazema2.png
sazema2.png (168.69 KiB) Viewed 1340 times
sazema1.png
sazema1.png (100.26 KiB) Viewed 1340 times

From what I can gather, it looks like Sazema was bullied off by HZ and Spitfire fanboys for simply querying whether the samples in HZ Strings were new or not (which members also query regarding "updates" from over developers with no repercussions), and asking if the musicians would continue to get ongoing royalties for their sampling contribution.

User avatar
sherlock
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri 18 May 2018 13:20

Re: Hans The Generous Man

Post by sherlock » Mon 21 May 2018 14:49

DarkestShadow wrote:
Sun 20 May 2018 19:59
- Karma.
Well, I didn't assume you were referring to a Vi-C post regarding something completely different here.
No idea how that connects to here, and your mutual sarcasm.

I was critizising someone for saying that HZ's reaction was "Karma". I said that it was not "same for same" because Daniel didn't get personal with Hans.
Does it matter what context you used it in and where? Karma is karma irrespective of where and why it is invoked. It is a minor point but can you really not see how it is relevant?

User avatar
sherlock
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri 18 May 2018 13:20

Re: Hans The Generous Man

Post by sherlock » Mon 21 May 2018 15:00

DarkestShadow wrote:
Sun 20 May 2018 19:59
- I did not misquote Jononotbonos post.
Well, Darren Durann "senses a wink behind this". Yea, and now? I could accept this if JohnG or Jononotbono would have "liked" Darren Duranns post - but they apparently didn't agree (and neither did anyone else, apparently... counting the likes - uh, none...) and at least Jononotbono must have seen the post since he was quoted (and thus notified).
Also note that FriFlo, as we know (also from Headshot video caps) agreed in the thread that HZ's sentence was very much out of order. And he liked Jononotbonos post. Which likely wouldn't have happened when he'd considered it ironical.
If you knew Jononotbono's history on VI-C, you'd know that you misquoted him. He is HZ and Spitfire fanboy #1 and you can check out his history for evidence. Not everybody likes every post in a thread so I think your point about subsequent likes is redundant as I feel it doesn't prove anything. Unless you can show me that HZ fanboy#1 or the other people you mentioned liked every other post they may have agreed with in that thread.

It would be more accurate to say that other members also misunderstood HZ fanboy#1's "bully" post like you did.

User avatar
sherlock
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri 18 May 2018 13:20

Re: Hans The Generous Man

Post by sherlock » Mon 21 May 2018 15:22

@DarkestShadow I noticed you avoided my earlier comment so I'll bring it up again here:

HZ did acknowledge that he was wrong after all by eventually apologising to DJ. But I'm left wondering how you can be an apologist for HZ's bullying behaviour when, by your own admission, you went against him and his followers over at VI-C when he was bullying DJ. You've presented examples here of how you publicly disagreed with HZ bullying DJ over at VI-C, and yet you're over here defending and making excuses for it.

Why is that?

You mentioned earlier that you're defending HZ because you think there are too many guns out to get him here. I'm just curious why you think HZ needs defending. This may sound patronising but I think it is admirable that you can take a noble stance as defender against a majority, but I think your cause is less than noble. I would understand it if you were debating in defence of an underdog, but you're apparently arguing for a fatcat. Does this seem good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZNSzWIaLo

User avatar
DarkestShadow
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat 21 Apr 2018 15:06

Re: Hans The Generous Man

Post by DarkestShadow » Mon 21 May 2018 15:31

sherlock wrote:
Mon 21 May 2018 14:49
DarkestShadow wrote:
Sun 20 May 2018 19:59
- Karma.
Well, I didn't assume you were referring to a Vi-C post regarding something completely different here.
No idea how that connects to here, and your mutual sarcasm.

I was critizising someone for saying that HZ's reaction was "Karma". I said that it was not "same for same" because Daniel didn't get personal with Hans.
Does it matter what context you used it in and where? Karma is karma irrespective of where and why it is invoked. It is a minor point but can you really not see how it is relevant?
Don't really get what you are saying... not our main discussion anyway.
Feel free to reflect how I behave/write back at me. I generally stand my behind my sentiments and style. :)
sherlock wrote:
Mon 21 May 2018 15:00
DarkestShadow wrote:
Sun 20 May 2018 19:59
- I did not misquote Jononotbonos post.
Well, Darren Durann "senses a wink behind this". Yea, and now? I could accept this if JohnG or Jononotbono would have "liked" Darren Duranns post - but they apparently didn't agree (and neither did anyone else, apparently... counting the likes - uh, none...) and at least Jononotbono must have seen the post since he was quoted (and thus notified).
Also note that FriFlo, as we know (also from Headshot video caps) agreed in the thread that HZ's sentence was very much out of order. And he liked Jononotbonos post. Which likely wouldn't have happened when he'd considered it ironical.
If you knew Jononotbono's history on VI-C, you'd know that you misquoted him. He is HZ and Spitfire fanboy #1 and you can check out his history for evidence. Not everybody likes every post in a thread so I think your point about subsequent likes is redundant as I feel it doesn't prove anything. Unless you can show me that HZ fanboy#1 or the other people you mentioned liked every other post they may have agreed with in that thread.

It would be more accurate to say that other members also misunderstood HZ fanboy#1's "bully" post like you did. If you find any posts from HZ fanboy#1 being critical of HZ, I'll subscribe to your masterclass!

If you knew... we'll I don't know - and I consider you to be unknowing too, because unshared knowledge to me is non-existent knowledge. :) It's in your head, so I can't consider it.

And... it's a bit arrogant to think everyone (or at least most) misunderstood that post except you and Darren Durran.

It's also not about Jononotbono liking every post they agree with - this "joke suspicion" joke however refers directly to him. Most other posts don't.

I would expect at least one of 3 people who liked Jononotbono's "wink" - or some others, to like this post - particularly because J's post isn't a super "obvious" wink. As shown by the "misunderstanding"(??) I and most other members are having.

**I think I don't have time anyway to pull up a JononotbonoInvestigationMasterclass but I'll see what I can do. :D :D

User avatar
sherlock
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri 18 May 2018 13:20

Re: Hans The Generous Man

Post by sherlock » Mon 21 May 2018 15:38

DarkestShadow wrote:
Sat 19 May 2018 14:05
Btw: Ass-kissing is much better done directly via PM to rctec [...]
I think it's interesting and telling how you think it's better to be generous in public and to ass-kiss in private.

User avatar
sherlock
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri 18 May 2018 13:20

Re: Hans The Generous Man

Post by sherlock » Mon 21 May 2018 15:40

DarkestShadow wrote:
Mon 21 May 2018 15:31
And... it's a bit arrogant to think everyone (or at least most) misunderstood that post except you and Darren Durran.

It's also not about Jononotbono liking every post they agree with - this "joke suspicion" joke however refers directly to him. Most other posts don't.

I would expect at least one of 3 people who liked Jononotbono's "wink" - or some others, to like this post - particularly because J's post isn't a super "obvious" wink. As shown by the "misunderstanding"(??) I and most other members are having.
Maybe ... maybe not....

User avatar
DarkestShadow
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat 21 Apr 2018 15:06

Re: Hans The Generous Man

Post by DarkestShadow » Mon 21 May 2018 15:49

sherlock wrote:
Mon 21 May 2018 15:22
@DarkestShadow I noticed you avoided my earlier comment so I'll bring it up again here:

HZ did acknowledge that he was wrong after all by eventually apologising to DJ. But I'm left wondering how you can be an apologist for HZ's bullying behaviour when, by your own admission, you went against him and his followers over at VI-C when he was bullying DJ. You've presented examples here of how you publicly disagreed with HZ bullying DJ over at VI-C, and yet you're over here defending and making excuses for it.

Why is that?

You mentioned earlier that you're defending HZ because you think there are too many guns out to get him here. I'm just curious why you think HZ needs defending. This may sound patronising but I think it is admirable that you can take a noble stance as defender against a majority, but I think your cause is less than noble. I would understand it if you were debating in defence of an underdog, but you're apparently arguing for a fatcat. Does this seem good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZNSzWIaLo
Did I?
DarkestShadow wrote:
Sun 20 May 2018 11:07
sherlock wrote:
Sun 20 May 2018 09:20
HZ did acknowledge that he was wrong after all by eventually apologising to DJ. But I'm left wondering how you can be an apologist for HZ's bullying behaviour when, by your own admission, you went against him and his followers over at VI-C when he was bullying DJ. You've presented examples of how you publicly disagreed with HZ bullying DJ over at VI-C, and yet you're over here defending and making excuses for it.

Maybe you shouldn't put me in an easy category? HZ apologizer?
I think HZ wronged Daniel in this case so I said exactly that. But now I think people over here are shooting with to many guns.
I do not think that anything of what he did was so bad (or plentiful!), that he can be defined as a negative person in general. I wouldn't even cal it bullying as that, to me, implies something much more severe and ongoing... Differing definitions... :)

If I disagree with something I generally object - particularly if I think something unfair is being said/is going on.
I don't really care so much whether it is a big successful person or a random no-name. Wrong is wrong, whether against a fatcat or underdog.

And of course - I am still a fan! :D And thus I sure won't just watch the execution of HZ. :) :) That's probably what you wanted to hear haha. That however shouldn't reflect on the content of what I'm saying, and this should be the focus of the discussion. Otherwise this is a case of derailing - and moves in ad hominem territory. What are your motivations, rather than What are your arguments...
sherlock wrote:
Mon 21 May 2018 14:15
DarkestShadow wrote:
Sun 20 May 2018 19:59
And intimidation based on that would unreasonable. Mr sazema isn't even around with his real name and I don't consider being called a childish insult by HZ in a specific situation on a forum is anything really threatening.
Noone you'll work with in the future will know about that and even if...? They're probably gonna gave a chuckle over this odd situation, shake their heads and move on.
That's good you feel that way, not sure if Sazema shares the sentiment. He's gone from posting frequently to not posting at all since that episode.

From what I can gather, it looks like Sazema was bullied off by HZ and Spitfire fanboys for simply querying whether the samples in HZ Strings were new or not (which members also query regarding "updates" from over developers with no repercussions), and asking if the musicians would continue to get ongoing royalties for their sampling contribution.
I don't hope that he has quit posting on Vi because HZ called him a twat (for a post I'm not sure what it was.)
Are you referencing the one quoted by rottoy, where he asks if that's the post sazema took down?
In that post it clearly doesn't look like a normal "question" but rather somewhat provocative and accusatory. Although I wouldn't say "rude twat" would be due here. Yet I still wouldn't call it "bullying".
If he was attacked in other situations or received PM's in that direction I would sure have a substantial problem with that, since it really wasn't a big deal...

User avatar
DarkestShadow
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat 21 Apr 2018 15:06

Re: Hans The Generous Man

Post by DarkestShadow » Mon 21 May 2018 15:56

sherlock wrote:
Mon 21 May 2018 15:38
DarkestShadow wrote:
Sat 19 May 2018 14:05
Btw: Ass-kissing is much better done directly via PM to rctec [...]
I think it's interesting and telling how you think it's better to be generous in public and to ass-kiss in private.

It's not about privacy but about "directly". "Directly" to HZ... When I post a thread without even putting his name in the title then I cannot expect him to read what I'm writing in there.
thus it would be more practical to send him a PM. It's not about the private aspect but the fact that he will be a million times more likely to see it. And if ass-kissing would've been my intention then him seeing what I write would be my No 1 priority. And thus better done via PM. We can also call it DM (Direct Mail) if you are so confused by the "private" aspect.
sherlock wrote:
Mon 21 May 2018 15:40
DarkestShadow wrote:
Mon 21 May 2018 15:31
And... it's a bit arrogant to think everyone (or at least most) misunderstood that post except you and Darren Durran.

It's also not about Jononotbono liking every post they agree with - this "joke suspicion" joke however refers directly to him. Most other posts don't.

I would expect at least one of 3 people who liked Jononotbono's "wink" - or some others, to like this post - particularly because J's post isn't a super "obvious" wink. As shown by the "misunderstanding"(??) I and most other members are having.
Maybe ... maybe not....
Exactly! :D All assumptions. :D
Last edited by DarkestShadow on Mon 21 May 2018 16:18, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Headshot
The Impartial
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun 1 Oct 2017 23:23

Re: Hans The Generous Man

Post by Headshot » Mon 21 May 2018 16:18

sazema wrote:
Sat 5 May 2018 20:37

I tried to explain in next few rows that I really have nothing against XX and YY, they're just figure and actors of business, marketing and that's ok (marketing is all over the place, but it's just not in SF company, they're so family oriented that we can't imagine that - it's no marketing - it's honest), and my complete comment was truly dedicated to members of forum, but without any luck. And then master itself came up and then I decided to not write anything EVER on VI-C, because it's just a snake nest.
Darkestshadow, could you please summarize in a few sentences the main point you want to make ?

Because it seems that we get lost in endless answers focusing on details.

User avatar
DarkestShadow
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat 21 Apr 2018 15:06

Re: Hans The Generous Man

Post by DarkestShadow » Mon 21 May 2018 16:24

Headshot wrote:
Mon 21 May 2018 16:18
sazema wrote:
Sat 5 May 2018 20:37

I tried to explain in next few rows that I really have nothing against XX and YY, they're just figure and actors of business, marketing and that's ok (marketing is all over the place, but it's just not in SF company, they're so family oriented that we can't imagine that - it's no marketing - it's honest), and my complete comment was truly dedicated to members of forum, but without any luck. And then master itself came up and then I decided to not write anything EVER on VI-C, because it's just a snake nest.
Darkestshadow, could you please summarize in a few sentences the main point you want to make ?

Because it seems that we get lost in endless answers focusing on details.
In regards to what?
The quote?

Not really a point, just an opinion. I find it unfortunate that only this incident lead to the conclusion that all of it is a snake pit he never wants to post on Vi-C again.
This was a very specific and rare indecent.
Of course everyone will perceive the twat thing differently, I already gave my perception of it in another post.

User avatar
Headshot
The Impartial
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun 1 Oct 2017 23:23

Re: Hans The Generous Man

Post by Headshot » Mon 21 May 2018 16:48

DarkestShadow wrote:
Mon 21 May 2018 16:24

In regards to what?
The quote?
No, in general (I mean in this thread)

User avatar
DarkestShadow
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat 21 Apr 2018 15:06

Re: Hans The Generous Man

Post by DarkestShadow » Mon 21 May 2018 16:49

Headshot wrote:
Mon 21 May 2018 16:18

Because it seems that we get lost in endless answers focusing on details.
Wasn't only me contributing to this, haha.
There were so many things coming up... must look up what the main point was. It actually started in another thread but even there we had many details and facets...

Post Reply