Someone usurpated my identity on Facebook

Pariahs Zone
Strickland

Someone usurpated my identity on Facebook

Post by Strickland » Sat 16 Jun 2018 23:04

In the Daniel James/V.I. Control's drama, someone usurpated my identity. I never wrote on Daniel James' Facebook wall.

https://www.facebook.com/H2DJames

DarkestShadow

Re: Someone usurpated my identity on Facebook

Post by DarkestShadow » Sun 17 Jun 2018 08:32

For real?...
What the hell is that? Either you have reached celebrity status or it is someone from here... or at least someone who monitors this forum. hm... very strange.

Interestingly both Paul Thomsons and "your" response seem to have dissapeared.

Strickland

Post by Strickland » Sun 17 Jun 2018 08:47

Yes, for real. The fake account's response disappeared cause I reported it to Facebook and the account has been deleted.

DarkestShadow

Post by DarkestShadow » Sun 17 Jun 2018 08:52

Well, at least Facebook reacts quickly.
But strangely Pauls comment also dissapeared. I hope that wasn't a fake account as well... all that doesn't make any sense.

Raph

Post by Raph » Sun 17 Jun 2018 09:09

Why would someone create a a fake account just for a forgettable post? Weird.

Bishop

Post by Bishop » Sun 17 Jun 2018 13:11

HZ has millions of fans so you would expect at least a few fanatics to harass you like this. The impersonator clearly had bigger plans to harm your reputation. Stay vigilant.

DarkestShadow

Post by DarkestShadow » Sun 17 Jun 2018 13:52

It's strange though... the account essentially just wrote a "nice", almost slimy comment to Paul Thomson. I would write different things if I would want to ruin someones career.

Strickland

Post by Strickland » Sun 17 Jun 2018 14:31

Bishop wrote:
Sun 17 Jun 2018 13:11
HZ has millions of fans so you would expect at least a few fanatics to harass you like this. The impersonator clearly had bigger plans to harm your reputation. Stay vigilant.
Yes, I think he will. This is very weird.

Bishop

Post by Bishop » Sun 17 Jun 2018 15:08

DarkestShadow wrote:
Sun 17 Jun 2018 13:52
It's strange though... the account essentially just wrote a "nice", almost slimy comment to Paul Thomson. I would write different things if I would want to ruin someones career.
My guess is the troll was just getting started by populating the fake account with “normal” content and activity to seem real, before moving on to more nefarious stuff.

The post could also be read as a subtle insult towards Mathieu, implying he is so unskilled as a composer that he relies on Spitfire’s Evo Grid libraries to pay his bills. (For those who don't know, Spitfire Evos are essentially pre-orchestrated drones and aleatoric phrases. He's trying to make Mathieu look lazy and talentless, basically.)

DarkestShadow

Post by DarkestShadow » Sun 17 Jun 2018 15:52

Bishop wrote:
Sun 17 Jun 2018 15:08
DarkestShadow wrote:
My guess is the troll was just getting started by populating the fake account with “normal” content and activity to seem real, before moving on to more nefarious stuff.

The post could also be read as a subtle insult towards Mathieu, implying he is so unskilled as a composer that he relies on Spitfire’s Evo Grid libraries to pay his bills. (For those who don't know, Spitfire Evos are essentially pre-orchestrated drones and aleatoric phrases. He's trying to make Mathieu look lazy and talentless, basically.)
Could be interpreted that way... it's really a weird comment and I already was bewildered. I was thinking: Does Mathieu want to become a demo composer for the guys? haha...

Audioholic

Post by Audioholic » Sun 17 Jun 2018 16:03

Bishop wrote:
Sun 17 Jun 2018 15:08
DarkestShadow wrote:
Bingo. Anybody with half a brain wouldn’t go full retard right away.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Sun 17 Jun 2018 17:04

Basic manipulation trick :

mix false and true in order to give credibility to the falsehood.

To usurpate someone's identity :

start by writing reasonable things in order to look credible.

To fool someone :

start by being nice to hearn his/her trust → kind words and virtue signalling will be enough.

The world is filled with manipulative and dishonest people, especially on the internet.

DarkestShadow

Post by DarkestShadow » Sun 17 Jun 2018 18:13

Audioholic wrote:
Sun 17 Jun 2018 16:03

DarkestShadow wrote:
Lol, take your blood pressure pills.

Audioholic

Post by Audioholic » Sun 17 Jun 2018 18:46

DarkestShadow wrote:
Sun 17 Jun 2018 18:13
Audioholic wrote:
Sun 17 Jun 2018 16:03

DarkestShadow wrote:
Lol, take your blood pressure pills.
I don’t take blood pressure pills.

Olivier Calmel

Post by Olivier Calmel » Mon 18 Jun 2018 08:13

Very weird all this.
However Mathieu I can tell you that it has happened to me already: a fictitious account under my name, twice even. It is so easy to find a photo and some credible information. Obviously it was not case related to HZ, but something quite similar. I had like you reported to FB and the accounts disappeared.