Is Hans Zimmer overrated as a composer?

Everything or almost

Headshot
The Impartial

Re: Is Hans Zimmer overrated as a composer?

Post by Headshot » Sun 23 Dec 2018 23:29

oh my...I started reading but it's too hard...there are too much layers of stupidity and ignorance...

I jumped right to the end and... :

To answer the question : no doubt that Hans and his minions are overrated as fuck...

Here is for you Darknoob :

http://rutube.ru/video/aaf78422b96ae8c29a3978c7f1ac9a6e/

Audioholic

Post by Audioholic » Mon 24 Dec 2018 02:26

That’s pretty funny. It’s weird how outraged some of those dudes get over a simple question. They take it so personally and I’ll never understand it.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Mon 24 Dec 2018 10:37

Audioholic wrote:
Mon 24 Dec 2018 02:26
That’s pretty funny. It’s weird how outraged some of those dudes get over a simple question. They take it so personally and I’ll never understand it.
They take it personally because through him they also defend themselves :
Headshot wrote:
Mon 28 May 2018 03:04
People feel sympathy for him because of the self-taught bullshit : "Hans is not like the others ! He is rock'n roll ! He is not an arrogant elitist ! He is close to us ! "
And some composers defend him at all costs because he represents the dream they would like to fulfill : becoming a famous film scoring composer without spending years studying music.

HZ's cult is based on false ideas, false hopes and lazyness...which can be defined as a kind of mind control : "Look at me ! Follow me ! Break the rules ! And you may become rich and famous !"
"Believe in me ! Worship me as well as all the blockbusters I produced ! And remain ignorant !"

That's nothing else than a misleading siren's call that feeds the massive dumbing down of our society.

Moreover, NPCs will always team up to defend misconceptions : no hierarchy, everything must be equal, everything depends on tastes etc. HZ's false myth respresents and feeds all this.

Nothing more effective than a question about his ability/legitimacy to trigger insecurity in those people's minds...always the same argument about simplicity and always the same attacks to prevent any criticism : "you are jealous...love is better than hate..."

Any questions related to Beethoven reincarnated are amalgamated with hatred :

DarkestShadow

Post by DarkestShadow » Mon 24 Dec 2018 10:47

Headshot wrote:
Sun 23 Dec 2018 23:29

Here is for you Darknoob :

http://rutube.ru/video/aaf78422b96ae8c29a3978c7f1ac9a6e/
Watched some time ago...
Some guy with awards having opinions and chastising a guy on the piano. *yippey*

dingdingdong

Post by dingdingdong » Mon 24 Dec 2018 10:55

Headshot wrote:
Mon 24 Dec 2018 10:37
They take it personally because through him they also defend themselves
This is how I also see it.

HZ writes the ultimate "modern cinematic [action/exploration/love/etc] background music" and at that, he's the best there is - no question about it: That's how it is. A lot of people at VI write the Kitchen Channel version of that, which includes massive taiko hits beefed with bartok pizzes followed by brooming synth bass at 1/8 rhythm, when the chef is finally about to make up his mind, wether Bob from Minnesota, or Dayleene from Wisconsin gets to round two. Every attack - even if remote - towards HZ, or questioning his place amongst the greats, is seen as direct attack towards their own musicality (or lack of it).

By greats, I mean the guys who were also able to do something like this in between epic music gigs:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/WX1YD5sywu8?start=26

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Mon 24 Dec 2018 14:00

Daring to compare Bernard Herrmann to Hans the joke is just...in line with VIC.

It's obvious that this guy (a complete moron or a great troll ?) is visiting the forum :
Headshot wrote:
Sat 22 Dec 2018 11:42
It's good that you mention this because it allows me to clarify my point about repetitive patterns.
Nothing wrong artistically speaking with repetitive patterns (many great composers use that process) but there are two kinds :
- the lazy/retarded one (which I referred to in my previous comments)
- the mastered one

There is a significant difference between a repetitive pattern created and developed by true composers, composers who know how to speak, and composers who use them because of their limitations. Repetitive patterns are the easiest way to create music. Indeed, "composers" who have no concept of musical language will just repeat the same words/sentences like children who learn to speak, with the difference that neither a parent nor a teacher will teach them new words and how to structure their phrases.
They will therefore try to diversify their "language" by using noise and effects or value their "autism" by calling it minimalism → so convenient. There is always a cool or convenient word to hide scams and laziness and always a stupid crowd to applaud.

The track I used to rescore the Batman trailer is based on a repetitive pattern but a mastered one that has nothing to do with epic/trailer/Remote Control ringtones :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC5AzFc3coo

Another example of nonretarded repetitve pattern :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFGK2RFUQLs

Audioholic

Post by Audioholic » Mon 24 Dec 2018 14:17

Headshot wrote:
Mon 24 Dec 2018 10:37
Audioholic wrote:
Mon 24 Dec 2018 02:26
They take it personally because through him they also defend themselves :
Ah yes, I could definitely see how they’d view such questions as indictments of themselves and then lash out. How very sad that is. And another golden comment from Alexander. Good god man...he doesn’t add his opinion on the matter, yet chooses to tell the OP how he should spend his time. He’s literally wasting time by accusing the OP of wasting time hahaha. Those types of responses, and those that choose to focus more on “word choices” (i.e “you should have phrased it like THIS and with THIS word” etc.) I find to be so annoying...my eyes nearly roll out of my head.

Of course if you mix in the fact that HZ himself may read their responses, then you get one fanboy continuously trying to outdue the other...an orgy of retards lol.

Got rid of cable TV a couple years ago, but who needs it when entertainment like this pops up every now and again! Enjoyable although it’s always the same (shit) show.

Audioholic

Post by Audioholic » Mon 24 Dec 2018 14:25

Headshot wrote:
Mon 24 Dec 2018 14:00

Daring to compare Bernard Herrmann to Hans the joke is just...in line with VIC.

It's obvious that this guy (a complete moron or a great troll ?) is visiting the forum :
It’s probably Suck My BRAAAM LoL. Whoever it is, I think I saw him ruffling feathers over there some time last week too...just can’t remember what it was over. He’s probably not long for that place.

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » Tue 25 Dec 2018 03:24

It could just be someone, who enjoys annoying HZ fanboys by writing "Did HZ ruin film music?". But then he knows, he is not able to say that directly and needs a packaging that is permissible. And of course! Some guys were annoyed just by that first sentence, even though the whole thing obviously was a satiric reply to the threads before (is Hans Zimmer/Beethoven overrated as a composer?)! I think that part worked quite well: showing that those fanboys are to dumb to even understand the subtext of the thread.
By now, this thread has been moved to the drama zone, so,no ... it is still not permissible to discuss HZ destroying film music ...

DarkestShadow

Post by DarkestShadow » Tue 25 Dec 2018 12:11

Ahem..... WEIRD.

sherlock

Post by sherlock » Wed 26 Dec 2018 00:13

The latest ass-kissing by Kentucky Fried Connor:

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Wed 26 Dec 2018 01:18

I bet even Hans doesn't know what Dave Connor is talking about...Dave Connor, the guy who found some counterpoint in Dunkirk...

FriFlo wrote:
Tue 25 Dec 2018 03:24
It could just be someone, who enjoys annoying HZ fanboys by writing "Did HZ ruin film music?". But then he knows, he is not able to say that directly and needs a packaging that is permissible.

You're right, I was stupid to think he could be a moron...

Audioholic wrote:
Mon 24 Dec 2018 14:17
Good god man...he doesn’t add his opinion on the matter, yet chooses to tell the OP how he should spend his time. He’s literally wasting time by accusing the OP of wasting time hahaha.
lol

DarkestShadow wrote:
Tue 25 Dec 2018 12:11
Ahem..... WEIRD.

The first comment was ironic. HelixK seems to be part of the walking dead.

Audioholic

Post by Audioholic » Wed 26 Dec 2018 03:57

Headshot wrote:
Wed 26 Dec 2018 01:18
I bet even Hans doesn't know what Dave Connor is talking about...Dave Connor, the guy who found some counterpoint in Dunkirk...
Lol did he seriously (funny either way though).