Junkie XL BRASS....

Yes, but don’t be too proud of this technological terror
Audioholic

Junkie XL BRASS....

Post by Audioholic » Tue 19 Nov 2019 17:20

It’s finally upon us!!!

I’m on my phone so I’m not gonna link to videos and whatnot, but I’m already certain this is the brass library we have all been dreaming of (lol). No, but seriously...it could be good - but it’s expensive!

Also, (and this is not fair to Tom at all) but when Tom speaks I hear the same airheadedness I get from Heidi Klum. All of the sudden I feel like I owe her a bit more respect...because possibly the “dumbass bimbo” vibe I’ve always gotten from her may just be a strange language barrier situation...one that makes her sound like a retard. It’s either that or Tom is also a retard. IDK. OK - of course Heidi is a retard, but you get my point (if not a retard).

In closing, CSB and 8dios Century Solo Brass are both pretty dope.

Headshot
The Impartial

Re: Junkie XL BRASS....

Post by Headshot » Tue 19 Nov 2019 22:16

hahahaha

It's one of the worst brass library I've ever heard (taking into consideration that we are in 2019). There is nothing majectic or epic here, only nasal noises at maximum pawa !

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » Wed 20 Nov 2019 01:01

Uuuh! How delightful! Another round of "experts" on the Spitfire Audio Forum (formerly known as Vi-Control) discussing their "work horse library".
Actually, I don't think it will sound as bad as in this video. That is probably just over-processed. The JXL fan club is probably expecting BRAAMS (not Brahms!) when they hear brass. But the whole trailer is a failure, as that brass doesn't even sound good as a BRAAAM ...
Plus, I really cannot listen to this guy talking ... comparing him to Heidi Klum is an insult to her, even though she really seems to be the most superficial person on the planet. Plus, it is gross to see that illiterate start his "academy". WHAT? He feels destined to educate people? A former DJ who started to take a peek in the world of composing and real music and he wants to teach already? WTF - you really cannot make this shit up. The world is full of pretenders and wannabes and they can be really successful sometimes ...

Audioholic

Post by Audioholic » Thu 21 Nov 2019 16:35

FriFlo wrote:
Wed 20 Nov 2019 01:01
Plus, I really cannot listen to this guy talking ... comparing him to Heidi Klum is an insult to her, even though she really seems to be the most superficial person on the planet.
Lol - well to be fair I’d say here in 2019 (thanks to social media) she’s tied with at least....a couple billion people at this point.

I’m assuming what we have heard so far is the JXL Mix. It does sound very bad. Curious what the raw samples sound like. Initially I think he was saying he wasn’t just doing “EPIC!” However, for the price and the huge size of the library - it’d have to be pretty damn amazing for me to fork over the cash. I’ve been enjoying CSB and Century Brass (I only snagged the solo), so the brass itch has been scratched for me for the time being.

sherlock

Post by sherlock » Fri 6 Dec 2019 23:25

First walkthrough is available. Sounds much better than the buzzy teaser.

https://youtu.be/DYuFFKowV_w

Audioholic

Post by Audioholic » Fri 6 Dec 2019 23:33

Only just started the video. I’m not sure I like how the articulations bounce around the GUI of their player the way they do when triggered - makes me a bit sea sick lol.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Sat 7 Dec 2019 08:10

From 0.00 to 0.07 the sound/tone is good, nice mezzo forte/forte but then it gets noisy. I don't like the overblown sound (cuivré in french), the way it was played or recorded. It's too aggressive and short notes/repetitions sound a bit mechanical.
They should not have recorded the highest dynamic range that way. In some way, it reminds me this (the first 30sec) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAmvQ8C2SUo

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » Sat 7 Dec 2019 10:40

You are probably right! While Berlin Brass was just missing one ff layer on the sustains and legatos, this one just has a 5th layer which should rather be a separate patch, as it doesn’t go well with the other 4 layers as a crossfade. Orchestral tools should have rather modified and updated their existing Berlin Brass instead of this library. It doesn’t sound all bad, which is no surprise, of course (well, the first teaser was probably programmed by JXL himself ...)! But a BBr update or upgrade would have been great and I would have payed for it, while I will let this one slip for now. It could be helpful at some point to complete the missing parts of BBr, but I am against any HZ or JXL products. Rather do good products without these names ...