Junkie XL BRASS....

Yes, but don’t be too proud of this technological terror
Audioholic

Re: Junkie XL BRASS....

Post by Audioholic » Thu 19 Dec 2019 14:34

Hoping the Arks go on sale like last year. I was broke last time and missed out /crysincorner

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » Thu 19 Dec 2019 14:42

Headshot wrote:
Thu 19 Dec 2019 13:52
You mentioned this update for Berlin brass several times and I agree : very good library that would just need an additional FFF layer (on sustain and legato) to be great. Love Berlin Woodwinds and Ark series too.
Junk brass doesn't fit the company standard.
Exactly! That additional layer plus maybe some work on making the different solo instruments a little bit more consistent. If you copy a sequence from Horn 1 to Horn 2 - 4 it sounds vastly different! Of course, it is the goal of the division approach that all sound different, but they sound not react totally different to mod wheel or velocity! Copying a sequence from one to the other should yield just a variation of the same phrasing and expression. That is the weakest spot of Berlin Brass as it is a workflow killer!
Unfortunately, they seem to think that this JXL Brass is that extension to Berlin Brass ... unfortunately without the division approach. It seems very unlikely, that they will ever touch Berlin brass again, now that they have this franchise going ...

Audioholic

Post by Audioholic » Thu 19 Dec 2019 14:49

FriFlo wrote:
Thu 19 Dec 2019 14:42
Headshot wrote:
Thu 19 Dec 2019 13:52
You mentioned this update for Berlin brass several times and I agree : very good library that would just need an additional FFF layer (on sustain and legato) to be great. Love Berlin Woodwinds and Ark series too.
Junk brass doesn't fit the company standard.
Exactly! That additional layer plus maybe some work on making the different solo instruments a little bit more consistent. If you copy a sequence from Horn 1 to Horn 2 - 4 it sounds vastly different! Of course, it is the goal of the division approach that all sound different, but they sound not react totally different to mod wheel or velocity! Copying a sequence from one to the other should yield just a variation of the same phrasing and expression. That is the weakest spot of Berlin Brass as it is a workflow killer!
Unfortunately, they seem to think that this JXL Brass is that extension to Berlin Brass ... unfortunately without the division approach. It seems very unlikely, that they will ever touch Berlin brass again, now that they have this franchise going ...
The messed up and inconsistent programming between the different players in BB is incredibly irritating and probably what I hate about it the most. (Aside from wishing it had that extra top layer)

Suck My BRAAAM

Post by Suck My BRAAAM » Thu 19 Dec 2019 15:47

FriFlo wrote:
Wed 18 Dec 2019 22:51
Suck My BRAAAM wrote:
Wed 18 Dec 2019 19:52
I also didn't like that he pretended to write that demo for JXLB when in fact one of his assistants did most of the work and got no credits. Junkie should stick to DJing.
I kind of expected something like that ... after all, the apprentice always learns from the master! (Starting video at 1:20 ...)

https://youtu.be/QvUR1NBwX8M?t=78

But I just assumed it to be true. You know it for a fact? Where from?
The assistant shared the track on his Facebook wall:

Obviously he didn't say "Hey I did it all" but knowing his work and people close to him... ;)

The Lie

Junkie does a brass library with his name and can't even write a fucking demo on his own? LOL Yeah we know it all started with our pal Z the godfather of mediocrity but to see it happen in real time really blows.

Suck My BRAAAM

Post by Suck My BRAAAM » Thu 19 Dec 2019 16:03

I agree with the sentiment here. OT should have gone with Berlin Brass 2.0 but that does not sell as many copies as having the big Hollywood name attached to your product.

At least Layers (freebie) will drop soon and the good libraries will be ported to SINE.

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » Thu 19 Dec 2019 19:25

Arghh .... seeing stuff like this again and again makes me so sick in my stomach! Daniel probably is a promising composer and - like so many others - he sees the best chance of success in lending his talent to one of the most un-musical people in the world! People have really lost their decency ...
Nowadays, you cannot even complain about this disgusting theft of talent! If you do, you easily become a victim of a huge shit storm!
Look at what kind of reply I got in TSB for just mentioning that I would not buy this library, because JXL is a branding I do not support for orchestral libraries. Another member said, it was "elitist and disingenuous" to say that ... On Vi-Control thousands of others would have jumped on that sentiment and crucified me for saying that out loud. I guess, this is where you can see, that TSB is by far the better forum, as hardly anyone took notice there except for two guys ...