Beware! VIC mods come this way...

The Ugliness of Double Standard and Ass-Kissing
Headshot
The Impartial

Re: Beware! VIC mods come this way...

Post by Headshot » Mon 23 Dec 2019 18:13

Audioholic wrote:
Mon 23 Dec 2019 00:48
Staypuft, if we can agree on anything, is obviously the spawn of Hitler. A very bad man that took advantage of a community of brilliant geniuses.
lol

FriFlo wrote:
Mon 23 Dec 2019 14:30
So, forgive me! But I cannot make my verdict on Mike Greene just based on how he reacts to you. There also is my personal interaction with him and that is hypocrisy at its finest ... why don't you follow his invitation to find out for yourself? :-)
Don't get me wrong: I never said I thought Mike's moderation was unbiased. Nothing will ever change.
I said that I perceive sincere apologies in his message, that's all.

I no longer visit VIC, this place makes me sick. The more time passes the more I become allergic to SJWs. I can't stand these motherfuckers and their virtue signals : "hate is bad, love is good !"
I would accept to return on VIC under two conditions :
1_Hans must make a public apology for pretending to do things he will NEVER be able to do.
2_The creation of two new forum sections on VIC :
_What Hans is really able to do ?
_Virtue signaling doesn't make anyone great (you fucking idiots)

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » Mon 23 Dec 2019 18:34

lol! I thought so ... but I still think you should accept his invitation - maybe by directly responding to it in that very thread! That could certainly get entertaining ... ;-)

Who do you guys think Staypuft is or what are his intentions? At first, I thought it could really be someone from here ... just to stir up some some shit. In some ways it could still be the case, as it really did create some turmoil there. But then, some of the actions do not make sense to me in that context.
Well, I found it interesting that many reacted in a similar way as to your HZ comments ... they question his mental stability. It is so funny, as it is indeed the mental sanity of some of those forum visitors that I would worry about.
To me, Staypuft is more likely someone who has a bone to pick with Vi-Control, for whatever reason. He clearly wanted to create some turmoil. If his interest was getting famous as a mockup artist, that would have been pretty stupid, as it was clear that his fakery was going to get disclosed at some point ... when someone with ears would listen to the tracks ... well, nobody form Spitfire did notice for weeks! :-)

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Mon 23 Dec 2019 22:06

FriFlo wrote:
Mon 23 Dec 2019 18:34
lol! I thought so ... but I still think you should accept his invitation - maybe by directly responding to it in that very thread! That could certainly get entertaining ... ;-)
I'm afraid that this will lead me to make a new serie of videos dedicated to the morons which will, without any doubt, bust my balls playing the offended card :"this is not musicians helping musicians !!" → the mere fact of writing and reading this sentence drives me crazy...

Definitely entertaining for you, not for me lol.

FriFlo wrote:
Mon 23 Dec 2019 18:34
Who do you guys think Staypuft is or what are his intentions?
I think it's Junior ! hahaha

DarkestShadow

Post by DarkestShadow » Thu 26 Dec 2019 12:05

Haha, I almost wish it was me!

I listened to the staypuft thing with terrible laptop speakers and well... it sounded like a real recording and I was pretty shocked already that anyone ever believed it was real!

No I've been listening again with headphones and I literally laughed hard!!! What a fucking joke that so many people believed this was samples. I'm seriously shocked!

I mean.... https://clyp.it/uspqgtd4
https://clyp.it/1j0k0gnw

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » Thu 26 Dec 2019 17:23

VIC-Member:
"Merry X-mas everybody!

Had a quick go at a Christmas song with some lower dynamics
I´ve used the normal close and tree mic´s"

The Real JXL:
"Really nice sounding Sir! Wow"
LOL

The composer (or rather mockup artist) of this very fine Christmas songs is also responsible for fine renditions of Wagner master pieces like this one ...

Audioholic

Post by Audioholic » Thu 26 Dec 2019 17:58

FriFlo wrote:
Thu 26 Dec 2019 17:23
VIC-Member:
"Merry X-mas everybody!

Had a quick go at a Christmas song with some lower dynamics
I´ve used the normal close and tree mic´s"
Yeesh. I wouldn’t even have the courage to show this mockup off to my closest confidants lmao. I could hear it now: “Fiddling in the DAW after 15 shots of bourbon again, Audioholic?”

Programming is worse than the samples in this instance by far. Not saying I’m any better, but Christ sake man, that’s why I don’t subject innocents to my aural carnage!

DarkestShadow

Post by DarkestShadow » Thu 26 Dec 2019 18:49

FriFlo wrote:

The composer (or rather mockup artist) of this very fine Christmas songs is also responsible for fine renditions of Wagner master pieces like this one ...

Inspired me to do my own version. Should post it and see what JXL thinks! hahaha.

https://clyp.it/0uvqmu31

dingdingdong

Post by dingdingdong » Thu 26 Dec 2019 21:37

DarkestShadow wrote:
Thu 26 Dec 2019 18:49
FriFlo wrote:

Inspired me to do my own version. Should post it and see what JXL thinks! hahaha.

https://clyp.it/0uvqmu31
Is biggerereerr, is epiccereerrer.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Fri 27 Dec 2019 00:27

lol

Don't waste your money, you can get the same result for 50 bucks :

https://syntheway.com/Aeternus_Brass.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV0IuI9Bwwo

Ivan

Post by Ivan » Fri 27 Dec 2019 00:57

I didn't know what to think, thought could be either live or samples, especially given there are a lot of short notes and effects/expressions.
I don't really know what the best libraries are capable of, maybe it's possible to mockup with such quality

DarkestShadow

Post by DarkestShadow » Fri 27 Dec 2019 14:46

Ivan wrote:
Fri 27 Dec 2019 00:57
I didn't know what to think, thought could be either live or samples, especially given there are a lot of short notes and effects/expressions.
I don't really know what the best libraries are capable of, maybe it's possible to mockup with such quality
Well, most of it will come down to the quality of your discernment - regarding whether and which libraries you may find sufficient for this. Which I have to question if you considered that samples could do that. If there was a library to do that without programming like a madman we all would know about it. ;)

The short notes aren't just short notes... they are cohesive and connected in a way that only some kind of true and well scripted "staccato legato" could ever deliver - and I'm not aware of any library with such a feature. I don't really hear lots of effects or stuff that could be pre-recorded expressions, unless the whole "tracks" would be 50% phrases - in which case I'm not even sure you could call it a mockup anymore without being kinda deceptive. But one thing is for sure - even without knowing whether it's live or midi/phrases - there was no way to think it's JXL Brass since it lacks most of the features required (phrases, "staccato legato" etc)

Ivan

Post by Ivan » Fri 27 Dec 2019 15:22

Well, ok, now I know it's not possible with the current technology. :)

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » Fri 27 Dec 2019 15:52

Well, speaking of those features like Staccato legato scripting - actually VSL did many of those repetitions on their libraries years ago! So, I wouldn't say we don't have the technology to accomplish it (maybe not as good as live, but a lot better than what we got)! But the thing is, in spite of so many companies producing samples these days, there hasn't been significant progress in the last 10 years! We got samples that sound better out of the box and arguably that is progress, as it is not possible to make a Sample Modeling or VSL sequence (both being pretty dry) to sound perfectly as a recoding in Teldex or Air Studios. You might get far with it, but when all of your sounds in a piece are done like that, you get a plastic sound form it. This is particularly the case listening to VSL Demos with prominent brass.
But apart from having more options of libraries recorded in situ with more or less reverberant room sound, we have hardly any progress in making articulations more convincing. Only with modeling we have a small advance in this area at the cost of more or less more plastic sound ...
And the reason for this is the dumb masses buying samples from developers with very limited imagination. Look at what Spitfire does! They made some orchestral libraries, a few decent ones like the Chamber Strings. Ok, form then on, they could have done more articulations and special techniques! But instead, they did lots of ambient pad sounds for lazy composers that just want to hit a few keys and have a decent track laid out.
Orchestral Tools had more imagination from how I see it. Their software player shows, that they still have! But JXL is a big step back from that! Instead of improving Berlin Brass, which was great with some flaws, they also joined forces with "one of the most stable geniuses" in the world of composition and basically produced a BRAMMM-library. Just imagine, what they could have done with the same resources to improve on Berlin Brass?
Who is to blame for it? The developers? The customers who are to limited to understand? Or a little bit of both?
It seems clear to me, that capitalism and free market does not always lead to the biggest progress possible. But you cannot avoid seeing that technology alone would allow for much greater tools compared to what is available. There is just no market for it, as there are hardly any composers left who would even notice ...

Ivan

Post by Ivan » Fri 27 Dec 2019 16:22

FriFlo wrote:
Fri 27 Dec 2019 15:52
It seems clear to me, that capitalism and free market does not always lead to the biggest progress possible. But you cannot avoid seeing that technology alone would allow for much greater tools compared to what is available. There is just no market for it, as there are hardly any composers left who would even notice ...
I think you're wrong here. It is exactly the free market (where everyone can offer their products freely and without competing against government protection) and capitalism (where you own the fruits of your labor) that gives birth to innovation.
Now, what you don't like here is actually taste. But free market and capitalism have nothing to do with that. They simply allow people to work and economy to grow. Poor taste exists in both poor and rich societies.