Albion NEO

Yes, but don’t be too proud of this technological terror
User avatar
Headshot
The Impartial
Posts: 826
Joined: Sun 1 Oct 2017 23:23

Albion NEO

Post by Headshot » Fri 17 Jan 2020 08:03

I think that's one of the most PRETENTIOUSthing I've ever seen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXMoo_IBxng


"NEO is flexible across genres, designed to inspire a new wave of forward-thinking composers..."

I agree if "forward-thinking composers" means lazy and retarded composers (and no doubt that's what it means).

User avatar
FriFlo
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2018 16:33

Re: Albion NEO

Post by FriFlo » Fri 17 Jan 2020 09:13

Everything is pretentious about spitfire releases and it gets more annoying with every release! This time, even the title (an anagram? WTF!) is pretentious.
That being said: I liked the Albion 2 strings, which these are a remake of. Don't we know this from somewhere? Remake after remake without any original releases? ;-)

User avatar
Audioholic
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu 19 Apr 2018 13:54

Re: Albion NEO

Post by Audioholic » Fri 17 Jan 2020 13:25

Lmao what a douchebag. Imagine being that full of yourself, slow motion walking up a fucking mountain...

“Why do I give a shit about VI-C and these comments, well, you try doing it, you try doing what we’ve done, what I do every day, the impact on our team, on my health, on my family, then you’ll see... because it kills.” - Christian Henson

Could you imagine if this pussy had to work a real job lol...

User avatar
FriFlo
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2018 16:33

Re: Albion NEO

Post by FriFlo » Fri 17 Jan 2020 17:02

Audioholic wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020 13:25
“Why do I give a shit about VI-C and these comments, well, you try doing it, you try doing what we’ve done, what I do every day, the impact on our team, on my health, on my family, then you’ll see... because it kills.” - Christian Henson
Oh my ... he really wrote that? Pussy, indeed! A millionaire sitting all day playing with his new toys in a shed without doing any significant work and as soon as someone is saying something bad about the boring products his company brings out, he is crying out loud and playing the victim card. That is so pathetic! Those two clowns really got lucky with their company becoming such a big thing. Lucky, finding so many idiots falling for their new age BS and paying lots of coins for that. I guess I have to repeat: Capitalism is NOT always leading to better products by competition! Often, it is the other way around ...

User avatar
Headshot
The Impartial
Posts: 826
Joined: Sun 1 Oct 2017 23:23

Re: Albion NEO

Post by Headshot » Fri 17 Jan 2020 18:07

lol
Audioholic wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020 13:25
“Why do I give a shit about VI-C and these comments, well, you try doing it, you try doing what we’ve done, what I do every day, the impact on our team, on my health, on my family, then you’ll see... because it kills.” - Christian Henson

What was the context of this message ?

If I were president, I would not allow anyone who whines like that to raise children. It's a matter of national security : in case of invasion, the country must be able to defend itself lol

User avatar
Audioholic
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu 19 Apr 2018 13:54

Re: Albion NEO

Post by Audioholic » Fri 17 Jan 2020 18:11

FriFlo wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020 17:02
Audioholic wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020 13:25
“Why do I give a shit about VI-C and these comments, well, you try doing it, you try doing what we’ve done, what I do every day, the impact on our team, on my health, on my family, then you’ll see... because it kills.” - Christian Henson
Oh my ... he really wrote that? Pussy, indeed! A millionaire sitting all day playing with his new toys in a shed without doing any significant work and as soon as someone is saying something bad about the boring products his company brings out, he is crying out loud and playing the victim card. That is so pathetic! Those two clowns really got lucky with their company becoming such a big thing. Lucky, finding so many idiots falling for their new age BS and paying lots of coins for that. I guess I have to repeat: Capitalism is NOT always leading to better products by competition! Often, it is the other way around ...
I’d actually argue that LACK of competition in the sampling field has lead to this sort of crap.

User avatar
Audioholic
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu 19 Apr 2018 13:54

Re: Albion NEO

Post by Audioholic » Fri 17 Jan 2020 18:28

Headshot wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020 18:07
lol
Audioholic wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020 13:25
“Why do I give a shit about VI-C and these comments, well, you try doing it, you try doing what we’ve done, what I do every day, the impact on our team, on my health, on my family, then you’ll see... because it kills.” - Christian Henson

What was the context of this message ?

If I were president, I would not allow anyone who whines like that to raise children. It's a matter of national security : in case of invasion, the country must be able to defend itself lol
Hahaha if only...

As far as the context goes, he said that quote while drunk (not holding back his views) and replying to this thread:

https://vi-control.net/community/thread ... out.88960/

Basically, he was butthurt about the fact that somebody dare say they don’t pay enough attention to their older flagship libraries (which is TRUE). His full response was much longer and I do promise I’ll post the pics once I’m up and running lol.

That’s why I can’t stand them. Playing victim in the face of valid criticism has always been their modus operandi... and holy balls has it gotten out of hand over the years.

I’m not surprised in the least that they also happen to be flaming SJWs.

User avatar
FriFlo
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2018 16:33

Re: Albion NEO

Post by FriFlo » Sat 18 Jan 2020 12:05

Audioholic wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020 18:11
FriFlo wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020 17:02
Audioholic wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020 13:25
“Why do I give a shit about VI-C and these comments, well, you try doing it, you try doing what we’ve done, what I do every day, the impact on our team, on my health, on my family, then you’ll see... because it kills.” - Christian Henson
Oh my ... he really wrote that? Pussy, indeed! A millionaire sitting all day playing with his new toys in a shed without doing any significant work and as soon as someone is saying something bad about the boring products his company brings out, he is crying out loud and playing the victim card. That is so pathetic! Those two clowns really got lucky with their company becoming such a big thing. Lucky, finding so many idiots falling for their new age BS and paying lots of coins for that. I guess I have to repeat: Capitalism is NOT always leading to better products by competition! Often, it is the other way around ...
I’d actually argue that LACK of competition in the sampling field has lead to this sort of crap.
This is a typical scheme for defenders of dogmatic views in our society: Milton Friedman, who is pretty much the mastermind behind our current capitalism, said, that a free market will lead to competition and therefore the best products (he said a lot more, but that is enough to cover that topic).
Now, where is your logic? Why should there be a lack of competition? 20 years ago, there only was M. Vitous and P.Siedlaceck - two 5 CD-Rom libraries. 10 years ago, we got VSL, the first giant Endeavour to sample the full orchestra in multiple volumes, joined by EastWest with a bigger hall and a different philosophy. Today we got Orchestral Tools and Spitfire who even surpassed VSL in size and those are only the big ones. How can you be serious and speak of a lack of competition? There is shit-load of competition today.

Not, it is the result of capitalism that presents us stupid libraries like this one. Why? Because that is what capitalism always produces. The most successful product! And that is in many way not always the best product!

User avatar
Audioholic
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu 19 Apr 2018 13:54

Re: Albion NEO

Post by Audioholic » Sat 18 Jan 2020 12:36

It’s ok if you’re a filthy commie, I won’t hold it against you!

User avatar
FriFlo
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2018 16:33

Re: Albion NEO

Post by FriFlo » Sat 18 Jan 2020 13:28

:-)

I like funny, short answers, but I’d also appreciate an honest one on the question, where you see a lack of competition. I would even give you the point that capitalism also leads to a lack of real competition, which in fact Karl Marx was the first to realize (I am not a communist, by the way, I just fight dogmatism and I find a lot to criticize on capitalism).

The competition between developers leads to competitors loosing and at a certain point, no competitor will stand a chance against the biggest two to three. New competition will also have no chance, as the prices have come down so far, that they can only be achieved by producing huge quantities. This is usually the point, where the consumer will no longer profit from dropping prices due to competition, because the few producers will easily agree on them to stop the downfall. This is also, where historically, either the state has to intervene by crushing monopolies or the financial system will get into problems over time.

Back to the small world of sample developers (comparatively small): I can see the beginning of that problem, already. The bigger developers at this point produce full orchestral libraries for very low prices (sadly, also cutting down on quality very often ...). Small developers are starting to get into troubles, as more and more people are no longer willing to pay 250 bucks for a solo string (a single instrument), when some developers offer a full string orchestra for almost the same money.

We are close to that phase of competition, but we are not actually there, yet. At the moment, there is a lot of competition going on! But it all comes back to how I started: competition about what? So, where do you see a lack of competition?

(Happy with my paragraphs, now?)

User avatar
Audioholic
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu 19 Apr 2018 13:54

Re: Albion NEO

Post by Audioholic » Sat 18 Jan 2020 14:44

FriFlo wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 13:28
:-)

I like funny, short answers, but I’d also appreciate an honest one on the question, where you see a lack of competition.
In the field of sampling.
FriFlo wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 13:28
(I am not a communist, by the way, I just fight dogmatism and I find a lot to criticize on capitalism).
I’m more of a cat person, myself!

User avatar
FriFlo
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2018 16:33

Re: Albion NEO

Post by FriFlo » Sat 18 Jan 2020 15:15

Audioholic wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 14:44
FriFlo wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 13:28
:-)

I like funny, short answers, but I’d also appreciate an honest one on the question, where you see a lack of competition.
In the field of sampling.
Yeah, I got that. But please indulge me. Where do you see a lack of competition?
By the way, I was just explaining my view, and I am rather used to having explain it a lot, as my views seem to need a lot of explaining to most folks. I just know you from a few comments here, but I did not intend to attach any ideology to you. I just wondered about your comment ... where do you see a lack of competition in sampling? :-)
Last edited by FriFlo on Sat 18 Jan 2020 22:59, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Audioholic
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu 19 Apr 2018 13:54

Re: Albion NEO

Post by Audioholic » Sat 18 Jan 2020 17:39

FriFlo wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 15:15
Yeah, I got that. But please indulge me. Where do you see a lack of competition?
By the way, I was just explaining my view, and I am rather used to having explain it a lot, as my views seem to need a lot of explaining to most folks. I just know you from a few comments here, so, I really do not know how explaining is necessary. But I did not intend to attach any ideology to you. I just wondered about your comment ... where do you see a lack of competition in sampling? :-)
So, why demand explanation from me? Lol.

User avatar
FriFlo
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2018 16:33

Re: Albion NEO

Post by FriFlo » Sat 18 Jan 2020 23:04

Nuh, I was distracted when I wrote it and had to leave. I am not sure what I wanted to write there, but it was not what I read now, so, I corrected it. I really just wanna know, where you think the competition is missing in the sample market.

User avatar
Headshot
The Impartial
Posts: 826
Joined: Sun 1 Oct 2017 23:23

Re: Albion NEO

Post by Headshot » Sun 19 Jan 2020 09:01

Image

Post Reply