Post by Kyle Judkins » Tue 15 May 2018 01:24

I'll never stop hearing *inhale* *inhale* *inhale* *inhale*

It's like a competition between. two people trying to pass themselves out

phil_l

Re: PART 15 - The Good, The Idiot And The Genius

Post by phil_l » Tue 15 May 2018 07:31

I dont know the official credits inside the movie but on IMDB it is :

Lorne Balfe composer: additional music / music producer

Usually music producer is a big credit meaning he did many many things on the score.
So he isnt only credited as additional music but also music producer.

Music producer means you get lot of money also (he's on the cuesheet obviously )

Not to excuse anything but when you accept a job , you know the conditions from the very beginning. And you should
not be frustrated after having done the job knowing you accepted it in the first place.

Regarding the real work of Hans Zimmer, I'm sure he certainly wrote the main theme of SH . It sounds very morricone and Hans is
a big morricone fan.
(listen to blue beard)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifnv_DJuyu4

You'll hear how close it is by the way :D

Strickland

Post by Strickland » Tue 15 May 2018 09:37

phil_l wrote: Tue 15 May 2018 07:31
Regarding the real work of Hans Zimmer, I'm sure he certainly wrote the main theme of SH . It sounds very morricone and Hans is
a big morricone fan.
Yeah, I'm a big fan of Monet.

So if you see that, that certainly means I'm the only guy on earth who could have done it.

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » Tue 15 May 2018 10:02

phil_l wrote: Tue 15 May 2018 07:31 I dont know the official credits inside the movie but on IMDB it is :

Lorne Balfe composer: additional music / music producer

Usually music producer is a big credit meaning he did many many things on the score.
So he isnt only credited as additional music but also music producer.

Music producer means you get lot of money also (he's on the cuesheet obviously )

Not to excuse anything but when you accept a job , you know the conditions from the very beginning. And you should
not be frustrated after having done the job knowing you accepted it in the first place.

a big morricone fan.
(listen to blue beard)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifnv_DJuyu4

You'll hear how close it is by the way :D
I tell you: there are people to which such things matter. You are right: In the US it is completely legal to pay someone (could be a pile of money, could be only one dollar) and tell all the world you were the composer. This is not possible in the same way in Europe and I clearly prefer that. But there is not only a legal side to it, but also that of what feels morally right and honorable. Just think about what other business strategies are perfectly legal, yet morally despicable (off shore accounts, all sorts of tax evasions?).
And I can tell you clearly from my standpoint, it doesn't feel very honorable to let all sorts of people compose for your credit. People might call me naive to say such things. Then I would reply, I would rather be naive than totally spoiled by the swamp called "the film industry"! Yes, I know, this business is full of disgusting things and practices, but you should never use that as an argument, that ethics don't apply here, anyway, just because the whole business is rather spoiled.
Also, you use quite a lot of speculation on your side: Do you know how much money Lorne earned on this? No ...? Well, then you just assume he got payed well. I would assume, that there are quite a lot of guys who would pay HZ to be able to work on RC. But I am sure he will pay them properly, just because he is such a nice guy! ;-)
Also: Didn't you use the example of Klaus Badelt? It is funny, but you only see, why he should not have sued HZ, as he doesn't get work, now. That probably would have been the right career choice, but shouldn't you rather question, why someone like HZ can punish you for winning a law suite against him fare and square? Why is Klaus the guy who cannot get enough from your POV? He just wanted what was his, according to law!
When I read a credit "additional composer", I would imagine the composer did not have the time to write out all cues due to a tough schedule. He would probably write all the themes and the additional composer would add to that some cues, that needed adaptions of the thematic material or generic cues in the style of the original music. But this guy tells us straight away, he worked 5 MONTHS (!!!) on this picture! WTF!!!! That is luxurious for a composer to have such a long time for a full film! How on earth would you need that much time as an "additional composer".
These matters may not be "hard facts" in the same way, the original topic (HZ orchestrating everything on "The final Game"), but they are still sufficient enough to raise a lot of questions! The fact that you are looking past all these and make ethically questionable conclusions tells me, you just don't look at all this impartially. Maybe you were one of these underpaid "assistants" yourself and now you hire some for a poor wage as well and it feels right, cause you "had to go through the same shit!" and HZ is just on top of the game, where everyone wants to be. I am just speculating, of course, as we all do not know who you are. But I tell you: your ethics are a bit screwed up ... how else could you see, HZ did actually lie, admit that and still say Samy was the asshole here?

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Tue 15 May 2018 12:51

phil_l wrote: Tue 15 May 2018 07:31 Not to excuse anything but when you accept a job , you know the conditions from the very beginning. And you should not be frustrated after having done the job knowing you accepted it in the first place.
That was not the point of the videos : Hans insulted Ganvai for no reason while claiming : "hey, I wrote it..."
phil_l wrote: Tue 15 May 2018 07:31 Regarding the real work of Hans Zimmer, I'm sure he certainly wrote the main theme of SH
This claim is calls into question (heavily I think) by the second video :

1_Why did Lorne play that tune (the famous Main Theme) as if it were his ?
2_Why did he feel the need to make this video ?
3_Why did he feel uncomfortable ?
4_Why did he choose to put an insignificant End Credit on his website rather than Discombobulate itself (given that these cues are clones) ?
5_Why did he talk about his journey AND THE FIVE MONTHS OF WORK as if he was the main composer of the film ?
6_Why HZ is not credited as a co-composer (at least) on Lorne's website if he is the main composer of that theme ?
7_Why do I have to repeat all these points while they are clearly presented in the video ?

I don't ask you to agree with me but at least to argue against these points.

FriFlo wrote: Tue 15 May 2018 10:02 The fact that you are looking past all these and make ethically questionable conclusions tells me, you just don't look at all this impartially.
Phil, I invite you to introspection and you will maybe realize that you are ready to accept everything from HZ, to excuse everything because you amalgamate the soundtracks you like with the composer himself, you amalgamate the joy you feel listening these music with the man himself andyou amalgamate the criticism towards the man as a composer with a questioning of the music you like.

HZ called Ganvai an idiot for no reason...no, worse : Ganvai was 100% right.

You called me rude for having been sarcastic with HZ, for my outrageous disrespectful tone...now you know why : the way he behaved here and the way forum members reacted disgust me. So, I see no reason to be courteous with people full of themselves who use their position to put others down (in order to boost their ego) while all the brainless sheep applaud.

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Tue 15 May 2018 13:45

You don't make sense, Phil are you Hans?

You're telling me this dude went to f****** Scotland to get inspiration for someone else to write a theme, so he could claim that he wrote it, and then rip Zimmer off making a very similar piece and the Lego Batman movie

Don't you find it remarkable how natural those notes seem to flow out of Lornes hands on the piano? Almost as if his fingers were the ones to naturally do it in the first place

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Tue 15 May 2018 14:11

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Tue 15 May 2018 15:21

I think hans is already here.

he's many things, but he's not exactly afraid of confrontation.

he might however protect himself legally posting from an alias.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Tue 15 May 2018 16:00

Kyle Judkins wrote: Tue 15 May 2018 15:21 I think hans is already here.
Of course he is, I know that.
Kyle Judkins wrote: Tue 15 May 2018 15:21 he's many things, but he's not exactly afraid of confrontation.
In my humble opinion, he can't argue publicly without his army to support him.

He needs his army of offended idiots to whine and censor, to fake outrage and to overinterpret everything.

Kyle Judkins

Post by Kyle Judkins » Tue 15 May 2018 17:07

I don't think it's that, he just knows how to pick his battles, and only pics the one he knows he can win... I don't think HZ will come as himself because he doesn't have an army to deflect for him, but he will certainly confront just not in a way they can legally backfire

I did see something last night there was kind of funny, it was a Facebook ad for his master class where someone posted something hopeful

It looks like other people have caught on and don't like the idea of shifting the industry towards a big name grooming and curating Talent to live under their shadow while they build someone's Fame... Farming their creativity for your legacy

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » Wed 16 May 2018 10:51

Yes, I also considered the possibility that phil_i might be Hans! :-) And if he isn't, I am sure he is reading all of this.
The thing with people like him is, at some point all the success and money simply isn't enough. That is why he constantly repeats how much of a looser he actually was in school and that he would buy a Moog over a car, as if all of these things would make him a genius! No, these are just things nobody should be proud of! Having rich parents and therefore, being in the comfortable position of a choice between a Moog and a car is something you might be happy about, but proud?
Having performed very badly at school and being a difficult child neither is something to be proud of. Yes, there have always been problematic aspects of public schooling, that did not address all human potential in each of the children. But that does not make all students who miserably failed to unrecognized geniuses! Some were just bad, because they were lazy, not mature and maybe just not as bright as others. I wouldn't be too proud of having been a very good student, either, as both does not necessarily mean a lot! Anyway, all of Zimmers insisting on being a young rebel who got rejected by society is just a myth created by him and he wants to show all of these guys how big of a star he has become.
Finally, Zimmer is not pleased by money and success anymore. At his age, successful men start caring for their after-life, for their reputation beyond their own existence. It is pretty obvious, he would like to be remembered in one line with great composers like Bach, Mozart and Beethoven. Maybe he can see, that this is not very likely. But at least, he wants to be remembered with film music icons like Max Steiner, Jerry Goldsmith, Ennio Morricone and John Williams etc.
To me it seems very clear that he will be mentioned within that line. He certainly will be remembered, but maybe not in such a flattering way. He will be remembered for creating a film music industry. Maybe he will also be remembered for introducing synths to score, but he was not really the first one to do it, so I doubt that. As soon as his position of power will end, more and more people will talk about the actual work which they have done in the name of his glory. And all of this will be part of how he will be remembered. I am sure, somehow he anticipates that and it makes him furious. This is the reason, why he pathetically cares for the opinion of some unknown people on VIC. He wants to forge his legacy, but realizes it is kind of out of his hands. Look at all of the love and respect that people offer towards JW? He may get the same awards these days as JW gets them, but it will not mean the same thing for his legacy ...

Best Retards

Post by Best Retards » Wed 16 May 2018 13:23

Friflo, that’s exactly what I think about Zimmer, money and fame isn’t that important, being number one among the ignorants is like a false success.
The people that are doing music even a little, know pretty quickly what zimmer is capable of.
He s a great business man for sure, a great composer ? IMO its not his field but he can , like the DJ Bob Sinclar, have the faculty to perceive what film directors wants, and that s an amazing quality, he knows how to drive everything, now his ego needs to show to the world, he s able to write music, unfortunately, that s really not for him.

DarkestShadow

Phil L Analysis (FBI Classified) *leak*

Post by DarkestShadow » Wed 16 May 2018 19:55

Phil L is most likely not Hans.
Phil is often leaving space between , . etc signs.
Like "I'm gonna run for office , and then I will forbid Headshot to ever say anything negative about HZ again ... and order someone to leak his template . Oh wait ... I'm not a musician !"

rather than
"I'm gonna run for office, and then I will forbid Headshot to ever say anything negative about HZ again... and order someone to leak his template. Oh wait... I'm not a musician!"

Rctec pretty much never does that.
Lionel Schmitt

phil_l

Post by phil_l » Wed 16 May 2018 21:47

Im not Hans .

Funny thing is some of you write I’m not impartial .. or that I’m speculating on wether I think Hans wrote SH main theme but you are doing the exact same thing

Speculating Hans didn’t write final game by himself
Speculating that Lorne felt imcomfortable in the video.. frankly I laughed a lot while looking at Headshot video . Really great editing! But that’s just speculative :
You can feel imcomfortable in a video because you are not used to speak in front of a camera. Simply
I know body languages and sometimes it says true things about how you feel inside . But sometimes it is plain wrong ... so that is just speculation .

When Kyle says look at how natural the notes flow in Lorne’s hands ... speculation again . He might just be a good piano player that’s all .

Why Lorne choose this theme : because he arranged it as as producer of the soundtrack ?

Why he only appears as composer on his website : I have no answers