PART 10 - TWO YEARS LATER...

Headshot
The Impartial

PART 10 - TWO YEARS LATER...

Post by Headshot » Fri 1 Jan 2021 17:10

I never thought I'd start this year with this, but let's say the circle is now complete.

After huge spam attacks during November and December in this particular section I thought that I would certainly leave it offline.
But given that a guy brought this drama out in a very biased way, I have no choice.

https://vi-control.net/community/thread ... up.103531/

Indeed an obviously very frustrated fanboy felt the compulsive need to discredit me in a thread that I did not create and which has nothing to do with the drama...

Something that I have always found fascinating with fanaticism, is the fanatic's total inability to accept the facts. Faced with facts that question his/her belief, the fanatic
will often attack the person who reports these facts by doing everything to discredit him/her.
By everything I mean the use of lies, demonisation, erroneous interpretations, partial presentation of reality, neglect of context, absolutely zero consideration
for the temporality...And of course hidden behind a nickname.
He called me severtal times a coward, while he never came here to educate me and declined to give his name. Ironic.

Biased way of thinking, biased perception of reality, wrong and malicious conclusions.

Not to mention the irrelevant parallel he drew. I never asked anyone to believe me in the name of decency and unlike him I had a lot of foundations - rigorously exposed in this section - to support my claim...a lot :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMQFZCNre3Q

FriFlo

Re: PART 10 - TWO YEARS LATER...

Post by FriFlo » Fri 1 Jan 2021 18:31

It is amazing how much prove you collected! But as you said yourself: no prove in the world will change the heart of the fanatic fanboy!

Also, Mike Greedo is not going to change his mind. I suppose not because he is such a strong Zimmer fan himself, but he is a profiteer of Hans Zimmer showing up in is commercial forum from time to time. That is increasing the value of his investment. And we all know ... the opportunist can be the greatest fanatic (even greater than a fanboy).

I mentioned the conflicts of interest that the owner of a commercial forum has quite often! Maybe that also explains why I have received even more hateful mentions from him than you, Samy! I find it remarkable that he negatively mentioned me three times in this thread, although I have been banned for more than a year now! He referred to me with "Samy's brainless minions like Friflo" despite the fact that I cannot even respond to it. Doesn't that drastically conflict with his alleged opposition of bullying he mentioned in the same thread? Well, I guess nobody is better at contradicting Mike Greedo than Mike Greedo himself. I hope the money he makes of the forum is worth having turned into an asshole!

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Fri 1 Jan 2021 19:39

He protects his business, I can't blame it for that...But letting Toecutter pour out his hatred and blatantly lie is much more questionable...It's nothing more than revenge, and not a really fair one.

Instead of moderating Toecutter who got angry unjustifiably in an inappropriate time and place, triggered by my mockup and its potential success, he concluded that the topic should go into the drama zone...
But he did the same kind of bias moderation many times in the past which generated the thread "Mike last BS". This thread contains some really crazy reactions, I mean really crazy...
And by crazy I mean : not really rewarding for Mike. But I don't want to put this back online unless he asks.
The Hall of The Chickens, Mike Last BS, the videos about Captain Verta etc was all done in reaction to unfair behaviors, they have no more interest to me. I have no hatred towards Verta, Hans, Mike or even any of those who have been in the Hall Of The Chickens. I was very angry, rightly...But the accounts have been settle.
I keep all this in the archives if ever someone wants to create a false narrative again. But apart from that I will never put those threads/videos back online.

On the contrary, the videos concerning Hans/A League of Their Own have some educational value. Of course they also contain harsh responses towards some VIC members, but I just can't re edit them. Not to mention that Toecutter biased interpretations forces me to put them back online.

EDIT :
Who is Toecutter ?

intrigued by his totally unjustified emotional involvement, I did some research...It was not very complicated.

It seems that Toecutter is Phil_l (at 99%), the guy who admitted twice that Hans lied but who didn't care :
phil_l wrote: Thu 3 May 2018 12:00 That is, yeah he lied a bit when talking about The Final Game,
phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 17:10 Yeah he lied but again, I don't give a fuck
http://www.modernity-sucks.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=130

How do I come to the conclusion that Toecutter is certainly Phil_l ? By re-reading the messages one can notice the exact same "argumentation" system, same off topic answers, same wrong analogies, same focus on the form rather than subject, same inability to consider the events in their temporality, same personal attacks : "you're jealous, you're crazy, you're hateful"...these similarities cannot be a coincidence :
phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 16:25 You need a cure man. against jealousy and Zimmer hate.
phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 15:10 but so much dedication from you and your friends, scream jealousy imo. But why? why so much hate?
phil_l wrote: Sun 13 May 2018 16:16 Man what a fucking sad life you must have. Go find a psychologist , it's pretty urgent.
Phil L.
Ignoring/covering a lie, and attacking the one who exposed it, is a clear sign of great moral values...

Passmore610

Post by Passmore610 » Thu 25 Feb 2021 21:41

Wow, I'm very late to the party here but I've just caught up with all of this. Absolutely hilarious & couldn't quite believe it all so went and had a look for myself.

Went across to the Vi control forums and found the Star Wars mockup on the Drama Forum, which seemed to descend into chaos after Toecutter was being really antagonistic.

Amazingly, it seems the moderator was absolutely fine with this behaviour and even labelled it "satire" and "funny" and said it was like "holding up a mirror"

So... I left a long comment saying, it's not really the same, no one has any reason to doubt whether this mockup is genuine, but if Hans Zimmer says he:
a) can't read music
b) didn't have any big band experience
c) doesn't have even a basic grasp of voicing
then any serious musician must know that there's no way he wrote and orchestrated a symphonic big band score as stylish as that entirely by himself.

I was 100% polite and raised what I thought was a pretty obvious thing to point out

And lo and behold the comment has been deleted haha. Can't quite believe it

EDIT
Sorry - correction, HZ never actually said he didn't have a basic grasp of voicing
Last edited by Passmore610 on Fri 26 Feb 2021 00:58, edited 1 time in total.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Fri 26 Feb 2021 00:21

Passmore610 wrote: Thu 25 Feb 2021 21:41 And lo and behold the comment has been deleted haha. Can't quite believe it
lol

I've read your deleted posts, thanks for your support.

This drama, among others, has shown that it is impossible to have a rational discussion on VIC.

Trying to make a point about that matter using rational thinking with people who have zero interest in truth and who mainly react emotionally is doomed to failure.

At best you will get off topic answers/false narratives/inappropriate moral lessons...at worst you will be lynched by a mob with admin approval.

So my advice : don't try it !

Cathbad

Post by Cathbad » Fri 26 Feb 2021 00:29

Passmore610 wrote: Thu 25 Feb 2021 21:41 Wow, I'm very late to the party here but I've just caught up with all of this. Absolutely hilarious & couldn't quite believe it all so went and had a look for myself.

Went across to the Vi control forums and found the Star Wars mockup on the "Drama Forum", which seemed to descend into chaos after a guy called Toecutter or something was being really antagonistic.

Amazingly, it seems the moderator was absolutely fine with this behaviour and even labelled it "satire" and "funny" and said it was like "holding up a mirror"

So... I left a long comment saying, it's not really the same, no one has any reason to doubt whether this mockup is genuine, but if Hans Zimmer says he:
a) can't read music
b) didn't have any big band experience
c) doesn't have even a basic grasp of voicing
then any serious musician must know that there's no way he wrote and orchestrated a symphonic big band score as stylish as that entirely by himself.

I was 100% polite and raised what I thought was a pretty obvious thing to point out

And lo and behold the comment has been deleted haha. Can't quite believe it
That's what it's like over there. Several of us here have been banned. In my case it was because I objected to some forum members arguing for white men to be barred from applying for certain jobs. This is, in fact, illegal as well as racist but I guess media composers based mostly in California are a pretty Loony Lefty crowd and prefer to ignore inconvenient facts.

It's a shame because there were a few good folks there and some useful advice from experienced experts. Along with that were many assholes but there's another bigger problem too: White noise. That's a great mass of people untrained in music who are knocking out piles of material that is mediocre at best. Many have day jobs that subsidise their music making. A hobby is fine, but they're presenting themselves as pro musicians and diluting the market. The phenomenon is readily observed on YouTube. There are plenty of YouTubers who post tutorials on string layering or whatever and then their own examples sound like birdshit. And these people have thousands of (apparently deaf) followers fawning all over them.

Passmore610

Post by Passmore610 » Fri 26 Feb 2021 01:12

Cathbad wrote: Fri 26 Feb 2021 00:29
That's what it's like over there. Several of us here have been banned. In my case it was because I objected to some forum members arguing for white men to be barred from applying for certain jobs. This is, in fact, illegal as well as racist but I guess media composers based mostly in California are a pretty Loony Lefty crowd and prefer to ignore inconvenient facts.

It's a shame because there were a few good folks there and some useful advice from experienced experts. Along with that were many assholes but there's another bigger problem too: White noise. That's a great mass of people untrained in music who are knocking out piles of material that is mediocre at best. Many have day jobs that subsidise their music making. A hobby is fine, but they're presenting themselves as pro musicians and diluting the market. The phenomenon is readily observed on YouTube. There are plenty of YouTubers who post tutorials on string layering or whatever and then their own examples sound like birdshit. And these people have thousands of (apparently deaf) followers fawning all over them.
I'm still quite taken aback that my perfectly valid comment was just deleted so quietly and swept under the rug haha.

The moderators must know that the big band claim is total nonsense, right? And they've just happily resigned themselves to the fact that they'd rather ditch their integrity than get on the wrong side of HZ?

Ps - we're not all loony on the left, don't lump us all into the same category :)

Audioholic

Post by Audioholic » Fri 26 Feb 2021 03:46

Samy I missed your edit that Turdcutter is likely Phil...I forgot all about that guy lmao....he either really loves HZ or really hates you.. (or a healthy combo).

Audioholic

Post by Audioholic » Fri 26 Feb 2021 03:52

Passmore610 wrote: Fri 26 Feb 2021 01:12 I'm still quite taken aback that my perfectly valid comment was just deleted so quietly and swept under the rug.
You have been found guilty of thought crime! Read the room!

Passmore610

Post by Passmore610 » Fri 26 Feb 2021 09:46

I'm being given an opportunity to "revise and rewrite my comment"... attempt no. 2 now

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » Fri 26 Feb 2021 09:55

Passmore610 wrote: Fri 26 Feb 2021 09:46 I'm being given an opportunity to "revise and rewrite my comment"... attempt no. 2 now
Please share your wording here. I am banned there, too, and the drama section is only accessible to members! lol

By the way, I recently read that now Jay Asher has been banned on ViC. I wonder what that was about ... he certainly can be a bit tenacious, but otherwise he is pretty obedient to power and wouldn't dare to say something bad about Zimmer or Spitfire.

If Mike Greedo is going to continue like that he will soon beat the NortherSounds-record of forum with the most banns.

Passmore610

Post by Passmore610 » Fri 26 Feb 2021 10:23

Done. I'm a bit suspicious it might get deleted again (very annoying), so in case it does, I basically just said it would be easy to prove that HZ could be telling the truth, they just need to get someone on that forum who:
- counts themselves as a very good composer
- has not studied music
- has not studied music theory
- has no experience with jazz
- has no experience with big band
- can't read music

to write and orchestrate a full symphonic big band score from scratch, just to prove that it is absolutely possible

Passmore610

Post by Passmore610 » Fri 26 Feb 2021 10:24

Copied post in case you can't access it:

Second revised attempt at this comment (first was deleted for overstepping boundaries, I think I've hopefully managed to avoid that this time!).

Mike - I'm too late to the party to have been involved in all this, but having caught up by reading all the relevant threads, I don't fully understand how you can really see this as the same situation.

When Samy wrote that he didn't believe HZ wrote and orchestrated that symphonic big band score entirely by himself, he had a fairly valid reason to question it (HZ by his own admission doesn't read music, nor has any experience (!) working with big band, or even jazz in general) - whereas Toecutter has absolutely no reason to doubt that Samy's mockup is not genuine, particularly after he's posted short excerpts & given some detail about how it was put together, without giving all his secrets away. (Other than saying "I saw on a private forum but won't share the info".) Samy gave pretty well reasoned evidence as to why he didn't believe HZ's claim, maybe he went a bit far, but I'm sure that won't bother HZ, for example if he knows he's telling the truth then he has nothing to prove to anyone, and also he's a multi millionaire so wouldn't care either way!

I'm certainly not trying to claim that Mr Zimmer is being dishonest when he claims he wrote & orchestrated the entire thing, although I could absolutely believe he's just remembered things incorrectly and perhaps made an honest mistake - it was 25+ years ago and he's produced quite a lot of music since then!

I will very happily be corrected, but there are quite a few reasons I find it so difficult to believe it was note-for-note perfectly written by HZ. I won't go into them in detail again as I think that may have been why my previous comment was deleted, but I do feel in all humility I'm qualified to make a fair assessment of this (I've worked as a professional classical musician my entire life and teach at a leading music school in the UK).

Perhaps a good chance to prove that it is possible is to get someone on here who; counts themselves as a very good composer, hasn't studied music/music theory to an advanced level, can't read music, has no experience with jazz harmony/voicing or working with big bands, to write and orchestrate a full symphonic big band score from scratch, to prove that it can be done?

Finally - what an insanely good mockup that is. Has there been anything close to that quality on this entire forum? I haven't found anything so far but would love to hear more from others!

Audioholic

Post by Audioholic » Fri 26 Feb 2021 15:48

Oof - banhammer incoming

Passmore610

Post by Passmore610 » Fri 26 Feb 2021 16:13

Audioholic wrote: Fri 26 Feb 2021 15:48 Oof - banhammer incoming
Actually - okay so far! Got a message about the last paragraph basically saying Samy's Star Wars is above and beyond anything else on the forum, and that it could be seen as taunting. So reworded. True though....