New doesn't mean better
Headshot
The Impartial

Beethoven Reincarnated

Post by Headshot » Wed 16 May 2018 23:13

FriFlo

Re: Beethoven Reincarnated

Post by FriFlo » Wed 30 May 2018 13:01

This video is probably the most essential one you did from my POV. It is no wonder that in music people
do not trust experts, as music is a more subjective thing than Science. But hey! Today some people think they are better off to treat and medicate themselves based on some articles they read online vs trusting a doctor! When people actually show such a poor ability to differentiate what to trust more when it will concern their health - possibly their life, how would you expect them to take advice from experts on something like art, which is by nature more subjective and in their eyes only subjective? The root of all of this is that the Internet is the worst place to find truth and enlightenment, if you don’t know what the look for. I actually knew for quite some time that all of those forum places may sometimes trigger interesting discussions that may lead you somewhere, but most of the content is a total waste of time. Will this ever change? I wouldn’t know how!

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » Wed 30 May 2018 13:17

And in a broader sense: I recently realized I am very pessimistic regarding the human species in general. There is really not much hope for it, as we are on the verge of destroying ourselves, but there is still nothing more important than individual freedom. The only freedom that exists that comes without any kind of responsibility is the freedom of thought! As soon as freedom means something like producing, selling, buying or using a product, it will have the potential to influence the lives of all people on this planet and possibly coming generations. Yet, people still claim their individual liberty as an untouchable good, even when it is clear that it does interfere with the freedom of other people or future generations! Mankind is really doomed as long as this kind of Interpretation of liberal thinking is in people’s heads.

Headshot
The Impartial

Post by Headshot » Wed 30 May 2018 15:03

Indeed it will never change, things will get worse and worse because people are becoming more and more stupid → too much video games, too much reality shows, too much social media and not enough interest for real culture, reflection and philosophy.

Even if I'm trying on a small scale to wake some people with this humble forum, it's been a while since I've lost faith in humanity.